how old are the mane 6

Started by super_chris85, 2012 Nov 27, 17:27:17

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

super_chris85

I am very curious to this how old are they. all i know is that fluttershy is older then pinkie pie

Rad Thunder

This question has been asked so many times...

Anyway, I'll once again give you my opinion on oldest to youngest:

Rarity
Applejack
Rainbow Dash
Fluttershy
Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie

Rarity and Applejack are oldest since they both own businesses. That's gotta be a testament to their age.
Twilight's on the low end since she's technically still in school.
Dashie and Flutters are wildcards. But since they tend to be free spirits in their own right, such as no job or school, they're about in the middle.
And Pinkie's...childish. ovO

Weremetalwolf

I think they are this old (in human age of coure):
Rarity-26
Applejack-22
Fluttershy-21
Twilight-20
Pinkie Pie-20
Rainbow Dash-19
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

The Silent Wolf

I think that all of them but fluttters are 23 and flutters is 24.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Weremetalwolf

It's possible, but if Fluttershy had 24 years, Pinkie Pie would have 23 and it seems to me unlikely.
However, it could be that I'm wrong. :P
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

Chishio Kunrin

All I know is, they're adults. :P Pinkie Pie really might be the youngest out of the group. And also, Rarity's as old as Cheerilee is, since Cheerilee was in the play that Rarity designed clothes for in her cutie mark flashback, meaning they were in the same class.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LaptopCommandStation

Basing anypony's age off Cherilee's is very buggy as her timelime is buggy.
[Personal Speculation]As Chishio pointed out, Cherilee was in the same class as Rarity, but we don't really know how long ago that was.  Perhaps other ponies forgot that picture she showed her class during the "cutie mark discussion class" where she sported a 70-80s style retro look.  Judging by the student's reaction and Cherilee's response "That's how everypony wore her mane back then" would indicate a generation gap between her and her students.

SO

Assuming the students are around 8-11 years old(give or take, based on current grammar levels, math levels etc)(AND the age of the show's initial target audience)
-Cherilee was about 9 in the (what year was disco in style, non 90's ponies??)80s, lets say
-Rarity was the same age
-NOW assuming the year is 2010(when the show started)
-that would make Cherilee, and Rarity, roughly 40 years old
-With Sweetie Belle around 9 years old(31 year difference?)
-That would make their parents AT LEAST 55 years old(they don't look that old)
The numbers are off but I think the process isn't
[/speculation]

That was FUN!!

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, you're right. :I It looked like Cheerilee was a teen in the 80s or something. I don't think they really focused much on making sure timelines and ages matched up right, so this is a classic case of Writers Cannot Do Math[1].

[1] Reference: tvtropes.org

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Tiger

Um, guys, I think Fluttershy is the oldest. Remember that episode where they told how they got their cutie marks? Fluttershy looked like a taller filly than the others, therefore she is older! Fluttershy also said Pinkie was just a year younger than her. If we follow this logic, along with other things that make them seem older, I think, from oldest to youngest, it is...

Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie
Rarity
Twilight Sparkle
Applejack
Rainbow Dash

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Zbizo

2012 Nov 27, 19:56:11 #9 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 27, 20:11:12 by Zbizo
Technically Applejack is oldest pony(she was created in ~1984)
By show she isn't that old(let's say Rescue at the midnight castle was before applebuck season and after things described in cmc chronicles)

Fluttershy and Rainbow dash were in same class, let's say their age is same
Pinkie Pie is one year younger than Fluttershy
There's nothing about Rarity and Applejack, they're running own businesses but AJ's business is owned by Granny Smith(as we can see in "SSCS 6000 episode")
Twilight Sparkle moved to Ponyville after some years of "Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns"

she finished(or not) one school so let's say she is like 18-20 in human age

Therefore we're getting:
Rarity and Cherilee(same class, 22-31), let's say Rarity's parents are 45 and Sweetie Belle is 11
Fluttershy and RD(same class, both one year older than Pinkie Pie - between 19-22)
Applejack(by behavior we can rate her to 20-22)
Pinkie Pie(between 18 and 21) - she left her house to live above sweet shop(there's nothing about how much she paid to live here) I'd rate her as 18 after what I seen in Luna Eclipsed episode
Twilight Sparkle(let's say ~19)

if we rate Pinkie Pie as 18:
Cherilee and Rarity: 18-27(if Rarity's parents are 45), but if we assume that Cherilee lived in 80s and was 5-10 and was in same class with Rarity they are 23-27
Applejack: 20-22
Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash: 19
Pinkie Pie: 18
Twilight sparkle: 17-19
Sweetie Belle: 9-11

If Twilight was 7 during magic school recruit exam Spike is now 10-12

Perteks

Just totally btw

Lyra is like 10-15 years older than mane 6, because we can see her in Twilight memories
Ignore my grammar or PM me with correct version (it will help me to learn)

Go Up