Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pipkin

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2014 Nov 21, 22:13:14
My little brothers can not seem to grasp the concept that they have to put the seat on the toilet back down. >:(

I have an older sister....that rule was drilled into my head at a VERY young age....
I even still do that....and I live alone o.O

Midnight Breeze

When I moved out, I subconsciously developed a habit of keeping the entire toilet lid closed at all times. Hygiene I guess.

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Nov 22, 00:29:14 #14662 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 22, 00:33:02 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Nov 21, 22:31:44
When I moved out, I subconsciously developed a habit of keeping the entire toilet lid closed at all times. Hygiene I guess.

We keep our toilet lid closed so the cats can't drink out of the toilet. :P
It also helps hygiene.

So, in RWBY, there's a character who has cat ears. Someone seriously said that, just by putting cat ears on her, the RWBY crew objectified her and possibly dehumanized her, just because cat girls are commonly objectified in anime.
Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?
CAN YOU REALLY LOOK AT HER AND SAY THAT SHE ACTS LIKE THE TYPICAL ANIME CAT GIRL? NO. YOU CAN'T.
She is a serious and intelligent bookworm who, when we first meet her, has kind of a dark outlook on life because she knows what kind of darkness there is in society. She knows about the injustice and discrimination that is going on, that her kind (faunus) have to face, and she is looking for a way to eliminate that injustice, discrimination, and hatred.

She is not just some "uguu nya look at me I'm so cute and innocent and naive" cat girl.
She is a monster-killing, injustice-fighting, book-reading, awesomely-skilled ninja who knows how to use her faunus abilities to her advantage!

Don't you dare call her "just another anime cat girl." Ever.

This came from one of those rants that RWBY is horribly sexist just because of the way the female characters dress.
Well, you know what, they look good and do an awesome job killing monsters. The female characters are tougher and more useful than the majority of the male characters.
One of the girls describes her attire as a "combat skirt," meaning that the girls who wear skirts and dresses are wearing ones specifically designed for combat. They don't have to sacrifice the clothes that they like and the clothes that look good in order to be suited for combat! Because of aura, the energy that they use to protect themselves from injury, they don't have to cover themselves in armor! They can just wear whatever they like!

This person also said that none of the guys show as much skin as the girls do. Excuse me, none? NONE?
We've got two guys right here who show off their chest and stomach!
Spoiler: show

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 22, 00:29:14
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Nov 21, 22:31:44

We keep our toilet lid closed so the cats can't drink out of the toilet. :P
It also helps hygiene.

So, in RWBY, there's a character who has cat ears. Someone seriously said that, just by putting cat ears on her, the RWBY crew objectified her and possibly dehumanized her, just because cat girls are commonly objectified in anime.
Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?
CAN YOU REALLY LOOK AT HER AND SAY THAT SHE ACTS LIKE THE TYPICAL ANIME CAT GIRL? NO. YOU CAN'T.
She is a serious and intelligent bookworm who, when we first meet her, has kind of a dark outlook on life because she knows what kind of darkness there is in society. She knows about the injustice and discrimination that is going on, that her kind (faunus) have to face, and she is looking for a way to eliminate that injustice, discrimination, and hatred.

She is not just some "uguu nya look at me I'm so cute and innocent and naive" cat girl.
She is a monster-killing, injustice-fighting, book-reading, awesomely-skilled ninja who knows how to use her faunus abilities to her advantage!

Don't you dare call her "just another anime cat girl." Ever.

This came from one of those rants that RWBY is horribly sexist just because of the way the female characters dress.
Well, you know what, they look good and do an awesome job killing monsters. The female characters are tougher and more useful than the majority of the male characters.
One of the girls describes her attire as a "combat skirt," meaning that the girls who wear skirts and dresses are wearing ones specifically designed for combat. They don't have to sacrifice the clothes that they like and the clothes that look good in order to be suited for combat! Because of aura, the energy that they use to protect themselves from injury, they don't have to cover themselves in armor! They can just wear whatever they like!

This person also said that none of the guys show as much skin as the girls do. Excuse me, none? NONE?
We've got two guys right here who show off their chest and stomach!
Spoiler: show

Wow. I haven't really seen much anime (apart from Bakugan), and even now that sounds stupid. I'm definately with you here: that character is awesome (I'm assuming not to say their name due to spoilers? ^-^)
But, on a side note, THAT FINAL WEAPON IN THE SEASON 2 FINALE.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Ramisha

My throat hurts, I can't stop coughing and my nose is clogged. But at least I finished my game so I got tha t going for me which is nice.

Chishio Kunrin

=P
(IGN saying it, not the meme. I'm loving the meme.)

Peace Keeper

Yea. The review score was pretty dumb, and worst are the outlines. Don't you just hate nitpickers.

I wouldn't blame IGN entirely. It's the reviewer who gave it the score.

In related post, I often see game reviews from users or customers because I feel that they know what they see in a game overall. Reviews from one reviewer or a few big critics don't really tell me the overall quality, or they could be biased, so I don't really trust them.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

People who constantly apologize for someone else's rudeness with the insistence that they "mean well". I don't care if you had the best intentions when you rudely pointed out someone's flaws. It doesn't matter if you didn't mean to hurt their feelings, you still did it and you owe them an apology. Work on your people skills next time.

Greyscaleisme

When for some insane reason the chat-pot disappeared.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Ramisha

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 23, 03:40:44

=P

Isn't pokemon sapphire the one with Kyogre? The god of water? I do not understand why complain about the water then  >A<
Hmm well anyway, I'm sorry if I offend anyone but this song is so annoying  >:O The worst part is it's catchy so it's playing in my head all the time!! Gah!
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Nov 24, 00:59:52 #14670 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 24, 01:34:30 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Nov 23, 17:07:45
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 23, 03:40:44

=P

Isn't pokemon sapphire the one with Kyogre? The god of water? I do not understand why complain about the water then  >A<

The worst part is, the original Pokemon Sapphire got a rating in the 9s by IGN.
They suddenly chopped off a bunch of points because there's "Too much water" when there has always been that amount of water in Sapphire and "Too many HMs." It's dumb.

Ruby/Sapphire is supposed to be about Land vs Sea. Therefore, they designed the map to be kind of a split of land and sea.

People are joking that IGN works for Team Magma. :P

Post Merge

In the first volume of RWBY, we watched the first-year students go through initiation. Headmaster Ozpin told them they were going to be launched from the cliff and the first person they made eye contact with after landing in the forest would be their partner until they graduate.
As such, the RWBY wiki lists who a character's partner is on that character's page, if we know who their partner is.

Occasionally, someone whose mind jumps straight to shipping pops up and is extremely confused by the "Partner" section of a character's info box. :\
"Why does it say X is Y's partner? When did they start dating? Is the ship official now?"
So, I have to keep explaining to people that it means that's who they became partners with in the initiation. *Facepalm*

Ramisha

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 24, 00:59:52
Headmaster Ozpin told them they were going to be launched from the cliff

How quaint...
I find it annoying when in videogames you have to preform some special rite of initiation into an order and then the other people preforming the rite die/the guards die/only 5% of the people who preform the rite survive.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Nov 24, 05:32:28

How quaint...
I find it annoying when in videogames you have to preform some special rite of initiation into an order and then the other people preforming the rite die/the guards die/only 5% of the people who preform the rite survive.

It's apparently important for huntsmen and huntresses to have a "landing strategy." They probably learn how to come up with a "landing strategy" in the first level of their education before they move on to the second level training academy, so he knows they should all know how to save themselves.

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 24, 05:46:55
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Nov 24, 05:32:28

How quaint...

It's apparently important for huntsmen and huntresses to have a "landing strategy." They probably learn how to come up with a "landing strategy" in the first level of their education before they move on to the second level training academy, so he knows they should all know how to save themselves.

Unless you're a cheater like a certain shield wielding blondie.  lol

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

CrabApple

Mine-z minecraft server... just... ugg. I die SO much and its infuriating! but its still fun...
[move=9][/move]

dr.induction

chats gone but whatcha gonna do, my laptop died and my boss wants the shop laptop I stole back.
off to my laboratory I go B)

LostSanity

I've been trying to renegotiate with another MLP:FiM forum to get them to let me come back.

It was going well. Until someone decided to choose to not even want to talk with me.

It's obvious what the issue here is. It's certainly not me.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Breeze

I just got back from my trip to Fort Worth, it was the first time I've ever driven in Texas. Man, I knew Louisiana roads were bad, but you can literally close your eyes and tell when you've crossed the state line. I difference in road quality is jarring...quite literally.

The state government claims that it's impossible to keep our roads as nice as the rest of the country because of the consistency of our soil. My butt, I'm pretty sure the soil isn't THAT much different 10 feet past the state line. After driving in Texas for 2 days Louisiana roads feel like a theme park ride. Bump...bump...bump...bump...bump..

...though I won't pretend it's not fun to drive on at 85 MPH.

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Nov 27, 12:17:09 #14678 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 27, 12:18:53 by Chishio Kunrin
Usually, I get to take my laptop and iPod with me on Thanksgiving, but this year, I'm being told to leave them at home. :c
We never do anything, though. Everyone is either cooking or watching foot ball. I hate foot ball and the kitchen is always too full for me to step in.
There's no one my age, nothing for me to do, nothing in common with anyone for me to talk about. Unless I wanna open my big fat mouth about how I don't like rodeos in front of my cousin who participates in rodeos. :/
Talk about current events? Haha, this month's current events are too serious, regardless of whether I talk about the USA or Mexico or China. I dunno much about what's going on in Brazil, so that's not on the table.
Should we watch the Thanksgiving parade in New York? Well... the parade might not go too well this year. X3 If anyone here knows what I mean... Here's hoping things don't get too crazy there.

Midnight Breeze

My sisters and I were going to bring a plate of food to my dad and visit him for Thanksgiving, but as it turned out he was in another town spending Thanksgiving with his crooked, gold-digging girlfriend. He said he was going to be home by 4 and that he would call my sister when he was ready, but she hasn't heard a peep out of him. Thanksgiving notwithstanding, you'd think he'd want to see his only son before he moves out of state!

Whatever, I've never had a relationship with my father before, why start now? I've seen him exactly twice in the last two years: once at my great-nephew's birth and once at my grandfather's funeral. I don't even know where he lives or his phone number. He knows where I live and he never calls me or visits me. That's his loss, because when he's broke and alone in a nursing home I won't be there for him. What goes around comes around.

Go Up