After Equestria (Sign-up)

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2013 Dec 16, 13:46:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

2013 Dec 16, 13:46:32 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 20, 15:03:43 by The Wandering Magus
RP: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9568
OOC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9563

one sentence: All gods and demigods vanish as an Ice Age comes, and ponies have to figure out how to fix it.

short: Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Twilight, Discord, and sentient god- or demigod-level creatures have mysteriously disappeared.  Meanwhile unstoppable blizzards suddenly take the world by storm without warning, plunging the entire land into subzero temperatures and blizzards that overwhelm even the united efforts of all the ponies of Equestria in an undending Winter.  You, and the other survivors, must figure out a way to solve this mystery and bring back the Spring, and Harmony itself.

long:
Spoiler: show
It began with a single snowflake that wasn't supposed to be there.  Then came news that the Princesses, the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony, the Tree of Harmony, and Discord had all vanished, everywhere.  After that came panic.  Ponies crowded the streets, the Guard standing helpless as the Sun and Moon once again hung still in the sky, and the snow kept falling.  Pegasi succeeded in pushing the first of the clouds back... but they couldn't hold the storms for long.  At first most ponies thought it only a temporary thing.  That thinking changed after the first year.  Then the second.  And the third.  The world was covered in ice all the way from deep within the Arctic North down to just before the tropics far to the south.  It wasn't Windigoes.  It was something... more sinister.  There was SOMETHING in the blinding snow, SOMETHING that survived the subzero temperatures with ease, consuming, devouring, and keeping this endless Winter in place.  Ponies went underground, or the wise ones did.  Almost anypony who came out of their shelters froze instantly.  Canterlot was a frozen monument to an empire long gone.  Ponyville was abandoned, then covered in snow, and forgotten.  The Everfree Forest shielded itself with its wild magic for a while, but soon it, too, was frozen.  Only a few communities survive now, most underground, besides the Crystal Empire far to the north, now cut off from the outside world without their princess to support them.  Some of you will lead these communities.  Others will come from them.  But there is a key, one last hope to saving the world, of bringing back Spring.  A letter found in Fluttershy's home.

From Oak to Holly, from Holly to Oak,
The tale we hide, The meaning cloak.
From Smooze of old, to great Tirek,
They ever come, the world to wreck.
A thousand years, ten thousand more,
The land was safe from shore to shore,
For Princesses and Elements,
Did grace us with benevolence.
But now the ancient curse is come,
Our bones to chill, our skin to numb.
To solve this ancient mystery,
Look back into your history.
No longer is it endless hate,
Nor arrogance, nor anger great,
But snow and ice are just the same.
Return to that from whence you came.

I'll let the first, say, five that want to do so, create factions of surviving communities.  Of course, I'll have to okay them.  Multiple ponies per player is fine.  Leaders can't join the adventure.  I'll make a "default" faction.

Accepted characters:
Frostina "Frost" Nova (Omega_Khaos) - Factionless Wanderer
"Mr. Brown" (Bravo 539) - Farm Assistant, Duchy Fancy
Aldorn Ceraphil (Bane Emural) -  Factionless Wanderer
Asterian Élire (Asterian) - Noble, Duchy Fancy
Sandy Atoll (Coffee Rush) - Factionless Wanderer
Concorde Pear (Chirp) - Elected leader, Embers Rising

Factions:
Duchy Fancy (Orod Khazad) - The Wandering Magus
Embers Rising (The Heart) - Chirp

Rules:
Please post 10 or more sentences per post, with 10 or more words per sentence, and try to use proper grammar and spelling.
Keep OOC in OOC, Sign-ups in Sign-up, and RP in RP.
No graphically detailed violence.
No "inappropriate" or suggestive scenes.  Romance is all right, in moderation.
WAIT for others to post, and do NOT spam post.  If you are in a group with others, wait for them to have a turn.  This may take more than a full minute, for those of you who are accustomed to lightning RPs.  Yes, it is normal in MY RPs for posts to take almost an hour to respond to each other.  Apologies to those of you with short attention spans.
Please do not describe the environment beyond decorative embellishment of what I have already given you, unless you're a faction leader and inside your own faction area.  If you desire a particular type of building or object, simply have your character "look" for it, and if it is reasonable I will provide what you need.
All injuries stay with you, unless you have healing powers or healing tools.  The time it takes for injuries to heal, and how much the injury affects you, should be realistic
If you are unfamiliar with another player's tools and techniques, do feel free to ask in OOC before posting your response.
No real-world swearing.  Ponified swears are acceptable (buck, horseapples, feather, banish, Tartarus, gelding, etc)
No real-world politics/religion.
No powergaming.  This means no controlling another player's actions, consequences or character.  If you do something that would presumably affect another character (such as throwing a pie in their face), let THEM decide how it affects them (whether they dodge the pie, for instance).  If you choose NOT to be affected in an averse way, please keep the consequence realistic.  One does NOT dodge a laser beam if one is an "ordinary schoolfilly" (note the word "ordinary").
Factions must be signed up.
Faction leaders may not leave their faction.
Players may have multiple characters.
The answer to the last question in each sign-up form must be a red-colored yes in bold.
No demigod or god level characters.  Try your best to stick to canon "normal" abilities, and make a note of non-canon abilities in your sign-up if you have any.
No moving fortresses.
No portable doors back to your faction.
No demigod or god level pets either.
No summoning anything that's demigod or god level.
No using demigod or god level abilities.
Be considerate and respectful to other players.
I can and will change these rules at any time if I feel someone's trying to break them or bend them.

Faction Sign-up:

Community Name: ______ ("survival team _")
Major settlements/villages/cities:
Community Leader:
Population: _____, ______ in regard to race or gender
Currency:
Strengths:
Default inventory:
Community Tech Level:
Community roles:
Special Community Abilities:
Community Weaknesses:
General Description & Backstory:
Spoiler: please spoiler • show

Community Symbol/Icon:
Have you read, and agreed to, all the rules?:
[/spoiler]
Faction Leader Sign-up:

Name:
Titles:
Faction:
Species:
Physique:
Appearance (image or description):
Cutiemark:
Talent:
Abilities:
Background:

Character sign-up:

Name:
Race:
Physique:
Appearance (image or description):
Cutie Mark:
Talent:
Abilities:
Place of birth/origin:
Current home:
Faction:
Personality:
Special powers:
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc):
Brief bio:
Purpose/Mission:
Inventory: [Default inventory],

REMEMBER TO READ ALL THE RULES
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Bane Emural

I would like to join in. Though I got to say, it almost sound like a nuclear war has been unleashed upon Equestria, but instead of radiation, there is an Ice Age that can freeze ponies instantly.

Can there be devices to stop ponies from being frozen if they ever venture out into the frozen wastes?
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

moonlight7starshine

im interested i don't know about making a faction in this rp tho

that moment when the people you rp with come on when your about to sleep..

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Bane Emural on 2013 Dec 16, 15:38:57
I would like to join in. Though I got to say, it almost sound like a nuclear war has been unleashed upon Equestria, but instead of radiation, there is an Ice Age that can freeze ponies instantly.

Can there be devices to stop ponies from being frozen if they ever venture out into the frozen wastes?
limited devices, yes.  portable personal heaters, for instance.  but not "stop the blizzard" or "end the Ice Age" cop-outs.

I'll wait for a few more to show interest, at least four more besides you two.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Bane Emural

What is this "default" faction that you had in mind?
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

The Wandering Magus

2013 Dec 16, 18:40:34 #5 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 17, 16:58:38 by The Wandering Magus
Community Name: Duchy Fancy ("survival team 3")
Major Cities: Orod Khazad (capital), Gemton, Rockton, Tunnelly, Hotstone
Community Leader: Duke Fancy Pants the Fifth
Population: 15 million +, unprejudiced in regard to race or gender
Currency: Bit
Strengths: Intelligence, Crafts, Diplomacy
Default inventory: Fancy clothing, polished and intricately engraved equipment, generous wallet, repair tools, emergency portable magic heating unit, gold-plated writing utensils and high-quality paper, identification papers
Community Tech Level: High
Community roles: Miner, Engineer, Bureaucrat, Farmer, Soldier, Scholar, Cave-Claw Hunter, Architect, Smith, Bard, Pet-Keeper, Teacher, Healer, Merchant, Artisan, Noble
Special Community Abilities: Speaking Fancy (Increase chance of success in Diplomacy), Bootstrap (rig complex machines from scrap materials and fix most items), Translate.
Community Weaknesses: Under A Rock (little to no knowledge of the outside world), Can't Stand the Cold.

General description of the (literally) underground community, adapted from another RP I was a part of:

The so-called Empire of Stone is entered through doors of mithril and granite, carved with runes and many images of battles long past and heroes of old, set into a mountain within the perimeter of Lord Fancy's vast estate and originally utilized in part as a medieval reenactment center by his great-grandfather and other guests. Before the gates stands the towering statue of Lord Fancy the First, clad in golden armor and wielding a mithril hammer. The statue represents the attitude of the ponies in its stance: its right hoof faces outward in a gesture of peace, while its left grips the handle of the hammer, ready to fight in defense of home and city. The roads running past the gates and within the city are tiled with marble, while the many-pillared halls are carved directly from the stone of the mountain itself. Orod Khazad, as the fortress-Duchy is called, has multiple central chambers used for a wide variety of purposes; of note are the Merchant's Hall, the Hall of Fire, the Hall of Meetings, the Hall of Remembrance, and the Hall of Justice.

The Merchant's Hall
This is Orod Khazad's center of trade and commerce; craftsmen and smiths from all across the Duchy come here to barter for precious stones and marvel at the newest goods available from the famous forges down below. The pillars are set with golden runes for fortune and protection, and the mine-cart rails leading to the Great Vaults far beneath the earth begin here, guarded by dozens of well-trained soldiers and rigged with intricate machinery which would confound even the most persistent of would-be thieves.  A separate rail leads to the renowned Chambers of Glass, where glowing gems light up row upon row of plants fed by the waters of the underground springs.  Set in hollows along the sides of the hall are endless rows of shops selling all manner of goods, from clockwork marvels to everyday tools and costly jewelry. Here also may be found the Roaring Bear tavern and inn, where one may sample drops of Farthi's Stone Brew, certain to knock all but the strongest stone-cold with a sip.

The Hall of Fire
The sound of thousands of hammers on anvils may be heard here at the heart of the city's crafting area far beneath the earth. Reached by mine-cart, the enormous forges are heated by the fires of the very earth itself by wondrous creations of magic and technology. Here, underground rivers fall fathomless heights to drive wheels of wood and stone; ore is refined in vast furnaces heated by lightning, and flow molten into molds to be cast into ingots and bars; gleaming rails lit by brightly glowing gems guide carts from forge to forge, bringing new supplies of ore and coal from the rich lodes of the Dark Delvings; and both day and night the rousing chants of a million ponies echo from the lowest depths to the highest peaks of the mountain.

The Hall of Meetings
This chamber is where the various nobles, and Duke Fancy, make the pivotal decisions that continue to shape Orod Khazad into the empire it is today. Over the most recent few years, the chamber was expanded and enhanced into a grand throne room and forum for ambassadors, scholars, soldiers, adventurers, and the elders of the city to gather and discuss any number of subjects, ranging from international agreements to decisions on how to run the empire. One old hill was reverently set aside, then carefully shaped over the centuries into a grand throne from which Duke Fancy would preside over meetings and answer questions or make decisions. It is said that the spirits of Harmony and all those who fell to defend this place still dwells within the very walls of the chamber, giving wisdom and guidance to those who gather here to take council. Along the walls are many tapestries and hanging banners representing the Founding Houses of the Nobles, the first followers of Duke Fancy when Orod Khazad began.

The Hall of Remembrance
Perhaps it is surprising to outsiders that the powerful, and some would say privileged, ponies here would give any heed to deeds of bygone eras, but here in the quiet Hall of Remembrance the old stereotype of the forgetful aristocrat is put aside and the grave work of studying the past is placed before respected scholars, ensuring that Orod Khazad chooses wisely in its course through the future. Statues of Equestrian heroes and legendary figures sit silently in alcoves or on lone pedestals, surrounded by millions of shelves containing every book, journal, record and deed ever written in the history of old Equestria since its inception, moved here from Lord Fancy's private libraries. Beams of light shine down from enchanted crystals high above, and the corridors leading to the Chamber of Records or the Chamber of Scribes are without door or gate, to avoid noise as much as possible. Within the Chamber of Records is kept accounts of the year's activities, to be processed the following year before being moved into the Hall of Remembrance. The Chamber of Scribes houses the tireless archivists of Orod Khazad who work to preserve the oldest of the records either in clay or parchment; their priceless manuscripts are renowned throughout the Duchy.

The Hall of Justice
For all the stories of proud and headstrong aristocrats always itching for a duel, Orod Khazad as a whole is extremely strict in upholding the laws of the city. Given the enormous task of keeping the peace in an underground city crammed with well over a million ponies, this should not be too surprising. The Hall of Justice was created with the express purpose of dealing out judgement swiftly and fairly, and thus far there has been a generally positive attitude concerning the efficacy of the system. Those accused of serious crimes are brought before a panel of judges selected for impartiality and a clean record, with or without an advocate as the accused desires. If found guilty, the punishment meted out may range from fines to hard labor, or death in select instances. There are only a few prisons, as investigations are done first before trials rather than during them, and there is no such thing as a prison sentence: all who dwell in the city must serve some purpose, and to house and feed a criminal for free is unthinkable for citizens of Duchy Fancy.

Icon: Triple Crown

Bane Emural

Could there be a sort of wanderer/scavenger faction, whose role is to either scavenge the outside world, despite the risk, and gather items on the surface, or travel from community to community through tunnels or on the surface?

Coffee Rush

Quote from: Bane Emural on 2013 Dec 16, 18:50:06
Could there be a sort of wanderer/scavenger faction, whose role is to either scavenge the outside world, despite the risk, and gather items on the surface, or travel from community to community through tunnels or on the surface?

I like the idea of this. I'm into the idea of the roleplay, too.
My OC can be found here!

The Wandering Magus

Certainly, that can be a faction.  I count three interested parties so far.  I need at least three more.

moonlight7starshine

lol id like moonlight to be a leader of a scavenger faction but il leave stardust to do that.

that moment when the people you rp with come on when your about to sleep..

Omega_Khaos

I would like to play in this. Will PM you with my character idea for it. will post it as my sign up if this gets off the ground and you approve it. Am not going to make a faction.

Bane Emural

I don't know if this has a reference or not, but it looks like it is somewhat based off the game Metro 2033. You have underground cities, a deadly surface environment, and equipment to survive in that environment for a limited amount of time.

The Wandering Magus

I count four potential interested parties.  I'll make a sign-up form now, but I'll wait until there's six to start the RP proper.

Omega_Khaos

2013 Dec 17, 14:29:03 #13 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 17, 14:34:45 by Omega_Khaos
Character sign-up:
Name: Frostina "Frost" Nova
Age: 13 (Left home at the age of 11 after finding out parents died)
Race: Cold Born Pegasus
Physique: Athletic and Cold Touched
Spoiler: Appearance(image or description): • show

Mane and tail: Icy Blue and long (inside), Snow White and long (outside)
Coat: Snow White (inside), frozen blue (outside)
Eyes: night blue with white shine (inside or outside) {The description of her eyes is: One seems to see a beutiful winter night when looking into her eyes.}

Cutie Mark: A Frozen Blizzard
Talent: Snow, Ice and Cold
Abilities:
Spoiler: Known Abilities: • show

Spoiler: Minor Pegasus Abilities: • show

Frost Armor(Passive in cold. active in a hot place/defense): With the cold around and inside of her, she can encase herself in a shell of armor. while in it she takes less damage from any attack type but fire. fire type abilities are double effective against her with this ability. While inside she looses access to her ability to fly when she activates this ability.
Cold Strike(Active/Attack): Using the cold in her and around her she can deal massive damage to targets. This ability will get stronger the longer she is in the cold. This ability is temporarily nullified when she goes into a place with high amounts of heat.
(More to come as RP progresses. These are her starting minor abilities.)

Spoiler: Major Pegasus Abilities: • show

Cold Shield(active/Defense): This ability can only be used outside in the cold. It uses the cold to create a shield dome. She can shield herself and become immune to the cold for days at a time. She can also extend it to protect others for a very limited amount of time.
Frozen Feather Darts(Active/attack): this ability uses the ice that accumulates on her wings as a weapon. she can fling only a certain number of these darts right now. but as she grows this ability will as well.
(More to come as RP progresses. This is her starting major ability.)

Spoiler: Passive Pegasus Abilities: • show

Cold Power: in the cold her abilities become slightly stronger. adds cold to her damage types and cold resistance to her defenses.
Cold Immunity: After being unprotected by heat for so long and traveling in the cold, she has gained a sense of the cold and how best to adapt to it.
Must spend at least two hours unprotected in the cold for this ability to start working. this ability changes her appearance to look like a being born of the cold. this ability stops working and the two hour timer is reset if she enters any place with high amounts of heat.
Heat/Fire Vulnerability: because of her adaptation to cold, she is more susceptible to heat and fire. she looses access to all her cold based abilities when she first enters and area of high heat.
Her abilities are heavily weakened after about one nights rest in heat but she gains them back.
(More to come as RP progresses. These are her starting passive abilities.)

Place of birth/origin: The remnant village of Talos
Current home: none
Faction: Factionless
Personality: Reserved if not trusting. helpful to all who needs it. Will put life on line if can save a life.
Special powers: Manipulating the cold around her and lasting in the cold
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc): Good with chaotic tendencies.
Spoiler: Brief Bio/Background: • show

a child born during one of the coldest storms of this new world. As she grew up she found that she had a very strange liking to the cold. when she was a 10 yr. old, a minor snow storm threatened to destroy her home. Harnessing the very cold itself around her, she created a dome of pure Ice to save many of the townsfolk who couldn't get under ground. the ability lasted just long enough to allow for the others to find safety. She however was caught in the storm. when she was found a day later, her mane was like the snow itself, her wings like frozen glaciers and her body like the frozen earth. On her flank was a frozen Blizzard cutie mark, where she had none before. Her mom and dad died fighting the storm with fire magic and abilities to protect the town and their child. When she found out she left the village she was in and began to travel. Two years later she has arrived at the home of "survival team 3". she is exhausted and Hungry. when she enters the place the heat returns her to a frost white Pegasus with icy Blue mane and tail. her eyes like that of a cold winter night.

Purpose/Mission: To help others and bring this nightmare to a close.
Inventory: [Default inventory], 1x Snow Diamond Necklace (The necklace was a gift from her family back when she was young. This Necklace holds the once rare pure snow diamond. a gem that can no longer be found in the earth.)
Have you read, and agreed to, all the rules?: YES!

The Wandering Magus

Frostina Nova is accepted.

Asterian Starfall

2013 Dec 17, 15:48:03 #15 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 17, 17:27:46 by Asterian
Hmm... I've always wondered if Asterian could pass as an aristocrat-type character... May I?

Spoiler: Character sign-up: • show

Name: Asterian Élire (Birth-name was Asterian Starfall, changed to Élire upon his adoption. "Élire" is derived from "elite," in case that was not obvious.)
Race: Unicorn
Physique: Athletic
Appearance (image or description): (Avatar. White robes, accompanied with a golden shoulder-cloak. Both of which are accented with quill-like embroidery.)
Cutie Mark: A golden quill
Talent: Writing
Spoiler: Abilities: • show

Spoiler: Passives: • show

Resilient -- Able to resist outside influence and persuasion better than most.
Charmer -- Able to use active voice to influence others to a great degree.
Sharp Sensed -- Heightened senses, including perception of motives.

Spoiler: Actives: • show

Telekinesis -- Spell -- The base spell of all unicorns.
Light Step -- Technique -- Able to step quietly and avoid making sound.
Disappear -- Technique -- Able to easily vanish amongst a crowd.
Legerdemain -- Technique -- Can attempt to "lighten the pockets" of unsuspecting ponies.
Ease of Access -- Technique -- Can utilize free-running to traverse difficult terrains.

Place of birth/origin: Ponyville (Now destroyed.)
Current home:  Orod Khazad
Faction: Duchy Fancy
Personality: Patient, Intuitive, and Good-natured, but also slightly Arrogant and short-tempered.
Special powers: None... yet.
Alignment (pacifist, chaotic, lawful, good, neutral, etc): Lawful
Spoiler: Brief bio: • show
Asterian Starfall was born to impoverished parents in the small town of Ponyville. Despite their love for the child, it was only a month after his birth that they realized they could not afford the upkeep for the three of them, and thus, they did the only thing they thought of: They surrendered their child. Floating down a river in a basket never to see his parents again, the foal began a rather short journey. It was only an hour after he had been cast off that he was stopped by the most unlikely source. A veritable angel to his eyes.

There was a light lavender unicorn holding him in her fore-arms. "Oh dear... What could have happened if you had just floated downstream... Darling! Darling, come quick!" she said. Her husband, Lord Jace Élire, hustled over to his beloved to find a white-coated unicorn. At first, the stallion felt confusion and uncertainty, but his wife's words helped to calm him. "He's only a baby," she cooed. "He doesn't have anypony to hold him..." With that, the noble-pony's perplexity vanished as he said to his beloved, "Well, we have been wanting a son, Maria," said he. "If he indeed is an orphan, why can't he be raised as our own?" With that, the couple cut their vacation short and took the young Asterian with them, raising and training him to continue the family legacy.

Years passed, and Asterian became a highly-educated and noble -- in both senses of the word -- pony. Then came the Blizzard. His parents, being as wise as they were rich, packed immediately and began to head off towards safe haven, taking Asterian with them. Today, they remain among the most powerful and benevolent of the elitist class, and despite the disaster around them, they have managed to earn their keep among the survivors.

Purpose/Mission: To cleanse the corruption from his society.
Inventory: Nothing... for the moment.
Have you read, and agreed to, all the rules?: Yes.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Bravo 658

2013 Dec 17, 16:43:47 #16 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 18, 13:51:49 by Bravo 539
Standard Character

Spoiler: Sign-up • show
Name: Anonymous; goes by "Mr. Brown" out of a hidden grief for his lost past, as though his true name is no longer relevant.
Race: Unicorn
Physique: Average
Appearance (image or description): Blue mane and tail, cut relatively short and tidy, with a turquoise coat.
Cutie Mark: A stone showing the fiery effects of atmospheric re-entry (or, simply put, a shooting star)
Talent: Comprehending star patterns, predicting meteor showers, and spotting distant star-swirls (pony term for galaxies)
Abilities: Lesser solar magic, common levitation spells, lesser combat spells
Place of birth/origin: Manehattan
Current home: 1385 Granite Road, Orod Khazad, Duchy Fancy
Faction: Duchy Fancy
Personality: Somewhat stingy about being corrected, he doesn't care too much about learning the truth.  "The truth abandoned us... let it stay up there and freeze.  I'm doing fine down here."
Special powers: Solar generation; a charge-up spell which is cast upon a magic crystal hung over an underground one-acre crop field.  It will essentially turn the crystal into an artificial sun for the day, giving the plants just enough solar energy to power their metabolism.  He casts this several times a day in order to power multiple crops which help to feed Orod Khazad, and while the spell isn't particularly difficult to cast, his morning runs usually leave him tired and cranky for a few hours.
Alignment: Pacifist/Leave well enough alone.
Brief bio: Life was all good and fine when I was younger.  I was toward the top in my class, my parents were wealthy, and there was no snow.  ...Goodness, have I become that biased against the common frost of winter?  It's been so long since I last saw the sun...  I used to study celestial bodies.  That occupation has, of course, long since been taken from me.  Now I make my own lights in the "sky"... pitiful things they are, they can barely please the crops the earth ponies plant.  We all get by well enough, though... things could be far worse as far as I am concerned.  Don't get me wrong, I miss our powerful leaders, but we seem to be doing all right... I'd rather not bother the queer forces of ice outside the mountain.
Purpose/Mission: Keep calm and carry on; it could be worse.
Inventory: Common household maintenance items, he doesn't usually carry much with him other than warm clothing and a moderate coin purse when he goes out in the city.  The only notable thing is a telescope collecting dust in the corner of his basement.
Have you read, and agreed to, all the rules?: yes

Bane Emural

2013 Dec 17, 17:00:28 #17 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 17, 21:09:15 by Bane Emural
Name: Aldorn Ceraphil
Race: Earth Pony
Physique: Strong and Athletic
Appearance:
Appearance example:

Without hood on: A vanilla coat with Sage green eyes and dark hair.

Cutie Mark: Crossed hammer and sword
Talent: Blacksmithing
Abilities: Cold Resistance (except for extreme cold), Tank (can take most damages), Quick Equip/Transfer (can quickly switch over weapons and armor), and Scavenging.

Place of Birth/origin: Outskirts of Equestria
Current Home: none
Faction: none
Personality: Patient, Friendly, Honorable, and Hardworking
Special Powers: Natural Enchantment (able to naturally enchant a weapon without enchantments, applies immediately after weapon is forged and named.)

Brief Bio: Aldorn is a Master Blacksmith, one of the few that has learned and mastered the ability to forge enchanted and magical items without the need of other magical items or enchantments. He lived in a small village on the outskirts of the Equestrian territory. His forge was located near a volcano, where he could make the best weaponry and armory without having to run out of a heat source. When the Ice Age came, he was forced to go into the tunnels along with the surviving villagers. With his forge gone, Aldorn made due with whatever he can from the materials both he and the villagers brought. Sadly, it wasn't enough and both Aldorn and the villagers had to migrate to a better home. He soon met up with a friend along the way and gave Aldorn a device that would allow him to travel on the surface. With this device, he began to go on a quest to find out what happened and fix it before things get even worse.

Purpose/Mission: To find why the Gods/Goddesses disappeared. To restore the world to what it once was.
Inventory: Personal portable heater, Aldorn (sword), Heatsinge (customized assault rifle), scavenger pack, and cold-resistant equipment.
Have you read, and agreed to, all the rules? Yes

((Forgot about the Brief Bio. Sorry))

The Wandering Magus

sorry asterian, edited to insert the towns and cities.  also, re-read the rules, there's one thing that might be hard to spot first time around.

Mr. Brown is accepted.

Aldorn Ceraphil is accepted.

Asterian Starfall

2013 Dec 17, 17:19:53 #19 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 17, 17:25:26 by Asterian
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Dec 17, 17:05:59
sorry asterian, edited to insert the towns and cities.  also, re-read the rules, there's one thing that might be hard to spot first time around.

If it is the "read the rules" thing, apologies for that. How did I not see it?  :P
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Go Up