What's your favorite pony race/Which one do you think is best?

Started by FanofRainbowDash, 2013 Aug 19, 10:59:32

previous topic - next topic

What's your favorite pony race/Which one do you think is best?

Pegasus
Unicorn
Earth Pony
Alicorn
Zebra (even though it's not a pony)
Changelings (not a pony either)
Omniequus (Can't decide? Pick them ALL!)
Go Down

Verdant Tome

Quote from: Dream Bolt on 2014 Apr 26, 17:33:38
Polls: Encouraging pony racism for four years and running.

Yes, I'm just being silly. But seriously, every pony is best. Except for Diamond Tiara.

*Hugs*
Thank you  :')

Too many people bash earth ponies for being "bland", "boring", "un-special", et cetera, and that makes them "inferior" to pegasi and unicorns, apparently (despite their own natural advantages being pointed out in Hearth's Warming Eve). It's pretty infuriating sometimes. Not enough people recognize pony race equality amidst the crowd of pegasus and/or unicorn supremacists; in fact, almost nobody does, it seems.

You made my day, Dream.

Night Pony

I want to point out how Earth ponies have more votes than Alicorns.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Verdant Tome

I want to point out how Pegasi have more votes than Earth Ponies.

Benict

I got to go with earth ponies.
sorry I'm biased to farms since that's what half my family line does.  :]
I the mythical Human with my magical pants and OH so special hands say "sup".

Spike da dragon

The swarm of The Great Queen Chrysalis will rule Equestria ovO... What did i just write? :o

Verdant Tome

Quote from: Spike da dragon on 2014 May 04, 05:00:47
The swarm of The Great Queen Chrysalis will rule Equestria ovO... What did i just write? :o

"The swarm of The Great Queen Chrysalis will rule Equestria", apparently.

Naura

I got to vote for Omniquus, Since All ponies are awesome, here are my reasons (Ik, this have been done sometimes in this thread, and it might start to get old, but please let me do this):
Earth Ponies:
'Earth ponies have a special connection to nature, animals, and plants. Though they lack the ability to consciously cast spells like unicorns or to fly and walk on clouds like Pegasi, their connection to nature makes them "just as necessary" as and "perhaps more important" than the other ponies. The Earth ponies' connection to the land and animals manifests in various ways. Chiefly, it's expressed in Hearth's Warming Eve where it's stated in the titular holiday's pageant that food can only be grown by the Earth ponies. This suggests that the race possesses a passive, botanically focused magic unique to them.' With that said, Earth ponies are made to be able to get stronger than most other races, but it doesn't always mean that they do. They have a better hand with animals and plants, which makes them able to achieve better harvest than other races.

Pegasus:
'Pegasus ponies have a passive kind of magic that allows them to walk on clouds and manipulate the weather. The Pegasus tribe was one of the three founding groups of Equestria, as depicted in Hearth's Warming Eve, and its members were responsible with maintaining the weather in return for food that was harvested by the Earth ponies. Pegasi demonstrate great speed and agility in the air. Pegasi wings are shown to have potential for tremendous strength; athletically-trained Pegasi can support most of their body weight on them.' With that said, Pegasis are made to preform great speed and agility in air, but again, that doesn't mean that they are awesome flyers. They however, have one of the best ways to move through Equestria, with almost nothing blocking them in the air.

Unicorns:
'All unicorns have a long horn protruding from their forehead which glows when their magical powers are used. Although they are associated with their magic, a unicorn's horn is strong and sharp enough to have mundane uses: one unicorn in Call of the Cutie uses it to pop balloons, and others uses it to charge an opponent on several occasions. Unicorns are often seen using their intellects to compensate for their lack of physical strength.
Now some random stuff you can watch if you like to
Spoiler: show
Also, five times in the series, their magic has been cancelled out. The first is when Twilight Sparkle is affected by the Poison Joke plant in Bridle Gossip, wherein the plant makes Twilight's horn floppy, rendering it unable to do magic. The second time is in The Return of Harmony Part 1, when Discord removes the horns from Twilight Sparkle and Rarity. In Ponyville Confidential, Sweetie Belle simply kicks Rarity's horn to cancel out her levitation spell instantly, while in The Crystal Empire - Part 1, Shining Armor's magic is rendered ineffective by King Sombra's magic. Sombra's magic causes black crystals to grow on Shining Armor's horn, nullifying spell effects.
With this said, Unicorns can't get as physically strong as other races, and they can only use their magic when concentrating, and nopony really knows how to preform a spell, because it have never been said, we just got to trust what they tell us in the show.

Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Draco1182

Be brave and hit me!

Meryiel

I honestly think that Unicorns are the best because of their ability to cast spells.  ;) I suppose that every buildings in Ponyville or other cities were created with unicorns magic. Ponies don't have hands so how do they manage to build or create things? By magic of course! Unicorns uses their spells to pick up things (for example: Twilight Sparkle picking up a book from a shelf) so hands for them are useless. In contrast to them, Earth Ponies or Pegasus can only use their mouths/hoovs (I don't know how it exactly works  :o) and it's obvious that they have limited skills in creating anything.
And don't forget about...

Dude, that's just bucking awesome!  :D
UNCIORNS RULES!  <3

AaronMk

Obviously the Satyr...

... Which isn't a serious response so they're all good by my books.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

FanofRainbowDash

The Pegasi are in the lead, but the Unicorns aren't far behind!

Renatan

Quote from: Meryiel on 2014 May 09, 05:11:15
I honestly think that Unicorns are the best because of their ability to cast spells.  ;) I suppose that every buildings in Ponyville or other cities were created with unicorns magic. Ponies don't have hands so how do they manage to build or create things? By magic of course! Unicorns uses their spells to pick up things (for example: Twilight Sparkle picking up a book from a shelf) so hands for them are useless. In contrast to them, Earth Ponies or Pegasus can only use their mouths/hoovs (I don't know how it exactly works  :o) and it's obvious that they have limited skills in creating anything.
And don't forget about...

Dude, that's just bucking awesome!  :D
UNCIORNS RULES!  <3

I'm, like, 99% sure that in The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well it was shown that they create buildings by using cranes  lol And in Apple Family Reunion they used ropes to lift up boards and such, hammers to punch in nails, paintbrushes to paint it, ect.... All with their mouths.

Sorry to rain on your head canon  X3
Beware the writer. She will feed off everything you say and store it into her memory, so don't be surprised if a few years from now you open up a book and see something you said years ago there. I'm always watching ovO

Blitz Freeman

I choose Earth Pony for 2 reasons:

1. Pinkie is best pony   :D

2. Not even Alicorns have the kind of connections to the Earth that Earth ponies have (i.e. animals, farming, etc.) This makes them especially unique from all other creatures in Equestria.
I fight so that she may go on...for I am just a pony.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Blitz Freeman on 2014 May 24, 15:36:26
2. Not even Alicorns have the kind of connections to the Earth that Earth ponies have (i.e. animals, farming, etc.) This makes them especially unique from all other creatures in Equestria.

Actually that's untrue. According to Word-Of-Faust alicorns have the traits of all three races, Earth ponies included.

Night Pony

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 24, 15:38:01

Actually that's untrue. According to Word-Of-Faust alicorns have the traits of all three races, Earth ponies included.

But now Word-Of-Faust is valid as any other headcanon. So unless we see an Alicorn communicate and tend the land as the same way, it may or may not be true.

Blitz Freeman

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 May 24, 15:40:32

But now Word-Of-Faust is valid as any other headcanon. So unless we see an Alicorn communicate and tend the land as the same way, it may or may not be true.

Spoiler: show
Now I wonder this: If Alicorns really do have traits of all 3 races, then did Twilight acquire some traits of the Earth pony after she became an Alicorn?
I fight so that she may go on...for I am just a pony.

Sunny the pony

Sunny is my OC with an orange and yellow braided mane, orange eyes, white coat, silly personality, lightning cutiemark with a sun next to it, and wings. Thank you for reading!

Ramisha

Thats what i thought too, I think she didnt,she just got wings unlike real alicorns who have all traits and they live forever. I know the princesses have earth pony traits, just look at their hooves. But twilight Sparkle just got wings.

MrEmu

there has been nothing to turn Word-Of-Faust into headcannon, by that logic the whole nightmare moon episode is head cannon then. Until the show refutes it, it's true.

Night Pony

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 May 25, 03:47:41

there has been nothing to turn Word-Of-Faust into headcannon, by that logic the whole nightmare moon episode is head cannon then. Until the show refutes it, it's true.

Faust no longer works on the show so everything she planned and didn't got into the show is subject to change.
Princess Cadence was meant to be a Unicorn by Lauren. EQG was never planned. So unless it's proven in the show the fact may or may not be true.

Go Up