OC: Bane Emural

Started by Bane Emural, 2013 Jul 09, 23:00:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bane Emural

2013 Jul 09, 23:00:34 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 02, 16:28:49 by Bane Emural
I have created my OC before, never had the chance to create all about him yet. except for only a short summary.

Name: Bane Emural
Race: Earth pony/ Unknown
Appearance: a light grey pony, with black mane and tail, blue eyes, and looks slightly old. Wears an old tattered robe. (profile pic)
Cutie Mark: Two crossed swords with a shield infront of it.

Hobbies: Fighting, Defending, Blacksmithing, and Forging
Personality: Bored, Patient, Secretive, Friendly, and Honor-bound.

Places living in or mostly found in: a small shack with a blacksmith forge, a little far from Ponyville. Old dirt trail leading to the shack.

Likes: Fighting, Defending the weak, Smithing, Solitude, Fair rulers, Honor, and the Truth.
Dislikes: Bullies, Tyrants, Warlords, Prying eyes, Spies, distrust, and lies.

History: An old, strange pony who lives in the outskirts of Ponyville. He has been living there for who knows how long. He isn't known for actually getting out of his home. He does, however, forge anything that could be made in the Blacksmith Forge. He is a bit secretive and rarely let anypony go into his home without a good reason to. He holds a mysterious secret which explains much of his past and who he is. Rumor has it that Bane is performing dark arts and uses ponies to experiment. Sometimes screams are heard at night near his shack.
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

Shadow Mare

QuoteRace: Earth pony/ Unknown

Why does he have an unknown in his "race"?

Bane Emural

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Jul 09, 23:03:21
QuoteRace: Earth pony/ Unknown

Why does he have an unknown in his "race"?

Thats because I made this little fellar during an rp. Like I explained, I only created a short summary of him once before I made this. To those who have seen me use this guy in an rp knows of his race/kind. So the whole "Earth pony/ Unknown" is almost like being half scottish/half irish, just in pony terms. And the reason why I make him like this is because of the whole secret he is hiding, which I explained in my oc's history.

You get what I'm saying?
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

Shadow Mare

Gracie Sky

A few generic things to point out.
One, your likes and dislikes are very generic. Everypony likes friendly ponies and dislikes boredom. You really should expand a bit and tell us something more unique about your character's likes and dislikes.
Two, you list his personality traits, which I find normally undescriptive. I don't expect people to capture the complexity of a character's emotions and thought processes with a handful of adjectives. Instead of telling us he's grumpy, tell us how grumpy he is, even why he is so grumpy. Examples of his character would be wonderful as well!

Lastly, his history is surprisingly brief... and it's not much of his history at all more than it is an account of what he does presently. A proper history would explain things like why he lives on the outskirts of Ponyville and why he has a blacksmith forge. Then again, it sounds like you want to keep that a secret, which is fine, of course. At the very least, though, you could hint at the reasons without explicitly stating them. You could do so by stating rumors that the townsponies have cooked up about him, regardless of how much factual credibility they may or may not possess.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Go Up