Goodbye everyone!

Started by SweBow, 2013 May 25, 13:26:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Night Pony

How? I don't know about the rest but I trust Swebow and what he said gives absolutely no hope in any kind of progression of the project. What kind of progress was made for a year, after the stresstest?

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Weatherboy1

Quote from: Tekner on 2013 May 27, 03:21:16
Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2013 May 26, 19:52:25
So what now? I just don't see this project being done...
Oh... Don't be like that DD:
While it is sad to see SweBow go after all he's done for us, we can't assume the worst now that he's gone. Change can be scary at first, but it grows on you, if you let it. Also, it's not like he's banned. He can still chat with us if he wants to.

Well if this much mismanagement has been going on as Swebow and Dandylion says have been, I can see why you hadn't even  updated us on anything

AlDeezy

Alright everyone CHILL OUT. Just... CHILL. COOL. ICE. FROZEN. ABSOLUTE ZERO. STO-

Remember that there is a convention coming up: Fiesta Equestria. LoE has had a habit in the past of saving their big public updates for these sorts of events, so why would you assume any different now? And think about it, if the team kept us updated on the exact level of progression every single day, then it would render their large appearances pointless.

Keep your concerns present, but just wait to see what the team says about their project, not just the opinions on one member.

Tekner

2013 May 27, 16:08:58 #43 Last Edit: 2013 May 27, 16:33:58 by Tekner
There's no "mismanagement" going on. Much of what SweBow posted is, unfortunately, mostly just stuff taken out of context, leaked, and stretched to better suit his "arguments". I have nothing against SweBow at all, but facts are facts, and his document didn't lay them out very well.

He didn't care to mention several things in his document that are crucial to understanding the whole situation. These are facts such as that the other team leads constantly tried to get his thoughts on PR events and ideas, while he was just keeping silent, as he so fervently explained in his document. This forced other team leads to do his job in the mean time since PR needed to get done and he clearly wasn't doing it. He (as far as I can tell) tries to make it sound like everyone pushed him out of the way and did his job for him. This is just one example of omitted context.

Yes, you can nitpick other things in the document, some of which do detail honestly unbecoming behavior of team members/leaders, but I think anyone with a grip on reality realizes that we're human too and that we're also prone to do stupid things. No real harm was done in the end and those involved had a bad guilt-trip afterwards (after it happened, not after SweBow leaked it.)

For those of you who haven't read his document, I apologize if this post is a "tease". Unless you want to get swept up in the frustrating gossip that's being thrown at us, I'd suggest you do your best to move on. I realize how much this is asking of you. I'm really sorry >.<

Spoiler: Regarding our new mascot. • show
Some of you may have noticed that our new mascot was introduced at almost the same of SweBow's leaving us and thought that that can't be a coincidence. Well... It actually is... :I
It was poor timing on all our parts and it is unfortunate. The fact is that the mascot had been under discussion for weeks prior to its introduction (SweBow actually screenshot the mascot idea pitch in his document, though they don't have actual dates on them.) The mascot was introduced on Thursday of last week (5/23) and SweBow left the next day. Perhaps the mascot was the last straw that made SweBow leave. I don't know and I won't dare speculate or put words in his mouth.

Regardless of all that's happened, I wish SweBow success in whatever future projects he may decide to lend his big brain of wonderful ideas and wisdom to *insert sad Luna emotipony here*

EDIT: If I had to sum up everything that has happened, not just regarding SweBow, I'd like to remind everyone that even though we may look professional from the outside, we aren't nearly so. We're just a bunch of kids (average age is about 22) drawing some art, making some models, and writing some stories. Our conversations are the same as the ones you guys have with your friends. We're all friends with each other and joke around just like friends do. Yeah, sometimes we'll do it behind people's backs. Sometimes we'll do it in their faces and feel stupid afterwards. Point is that while we do need to hold a higher standard of conduct regarding the project, we shouldn't have to for our social lives, and that's nearly all that's been brought to light. What you guys have seen thus far is a combination of personal issues being brought to light, and conflicts that have little to do with the project being attached to it as if they're the same thing.
TL;DR: Situations like Anya calling Bloomberg a "doody head" doesn't cease all progress on the game, and it shouldn't worry you guys in the slightest  ;)

Spencer the Pegasus Guard

I'm sure that this has already been brought up and it's a bit off topic but I heard there is leaked footage of LoE somewhere. Pretty identical timing to the events that have happened recently.
I have a Tin Foil hat....I am 100 percent okay with this.

Go Up