build a bear with ponies

Started by super_chris85, 2013 Apr 05, 21:40:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

super_chris85

so my sister showed me that buil-a-bear workshop has rainbow dash and pinkie pie now :3 but their manes seem off

Midnight Breeze

You can make Pinkie smell like cupcakes...

I am ordering as we speak.

PrincessButton

I'm making my friend Ben take me there on a date so I can make ponies.  :3 I'ma making Pinkie and he can make RD.

Also for those who want to see what they look like:

http://www.buildabear.com/
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Apr 06, 22:22:55
I'm making my friend Ben take me there on a date so I can make ponies.  :3 I'ma making Pinkie and he can make RD.

My mom saw this post and said "You weren't supposed to find out yet. :s" She was gonna take me to make a Rainbow Dash as a surprise once she has money to spend on it. lol Problem is, I dunno which one I want more, and I'll likely only get to have one.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Apr 06, 23:53:51
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Apr 06, 22:22:55

My mom saw this post and said "You weren't supposed to find out yet. :s" She was gonna take me to make a Rainbow Dash as a surprise once she has money to spend on it. lol Problem is, I dunno which one I want more, and I'll likely only get to have one.
Awwh that's SO sweet of your mum! I believe they're only 24 dollars as well. ^^; So save up everypony! :D

HerpyDooves

I hope I don't pop any bubbles, but I heard that they aren't doing the "Build a Pony" any longer due to the fact that "It's not good for business if a bunch of grown-men are coming in here and building ponies."

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 07, 20:56:49
I hope I don't pop any bubbles, but I heard that they aren't doing the "Build a Pony" any longer due to the fact that "It's not good for business if a bunch of grown-men are coming in here and building ponies."

Sounds like hogwish. Since when is attracting new customers ever 'bad for business'?

Besides, I ordered one over the internet already. 30 dollars well spent.

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Apr 07, 21:01:20
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 07, 20:56:49

Sounds like hogwish. Since when is attracting new customers ever 'bad for business'?

They're attracting little girls, not 40-year-old men. Hasbro might not be bothered by this, but Build a Bear is.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Apr 07, 21:01:20

The quality looks amazing for the price  O:

Midnight Breeze

2013 Apr 07, 21:13:11 #9 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 07, 21:21:09 by Midnight Breeze
Build-a-bear has always had adult customers, teddy bears are traditional romantic gifts between couples.

I've never heard of any half-sane business discontinuing a highly popular and money making product just because it his a different audience than intended.

Moreover, while the internet may make it seem different, bronies are only a small minority of My Little Pony fans. Hasbro has said that the vast majority of fans ARE the target audience.

HerpyDooves

Actually, I made an oopsy. I was lied to :c

Sorry for the confusion.

PrincessButton

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 07, 21:26:41
Actually, I made an oopsy. I was lied to :c

Sorry for the confusion.

Not a problem. ^-^ It was only a misunderstanding.

Besides, they plan on having ALL the mane six (bringing them in in twos) so they wouldn't stop.. that'd be such a huge job and would cost them a lot of money.

Midnight Breeze

Now I just need to wait for Fluttershy. About time I finally have a properly on-model Fluttershy plush to make out with snuggle to sleep.

Chishio Kunrin

I think I might make Pinkie Pie first.
Then Rainbow Dash.

I wonder if they'll bring out any background characters. O:

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Pipkin

This thread is so full of win!

Pinkie and RD, my 1st two favorites!  All we need now is Fluttershy and Derpy, the latter of whom has really grown on me lately  :P

Come on credit card bill, come out so I can pay you off and here we go!!!

ComputerDeathglare

I got Pinkie today! She smells like yummy cupcakes! :D They're amazing quality for being $24. The brushie mane really grew on me. There's an oopsie on Pinkie's cutie mark, where the string on the yellow balloon is yellow, not blue, but she's so cute you don't notice. >.<
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

super_chris85

anypony wanna be as generous as rarity and get me pinkie for my birthday  :D... i'm just kidding of course...or am i  ovO

Midnight Breeze

I ordered a Pinkie for myself. But....if it's your birthday, then I promise to be every bit as generous as Rarity with her.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Apr 11, 00:49:50
I ordered a Pinkie for myself. But....if it's your birthday, then I promise to be every bit as generous as Rarity with her.

I see what you did there. As generous as Rarity indeed. :nod:

Itty Bit

I wanna go to build a bear so bad!
But there's none near where I live... ;~;

Go Up