Newest Episodes(Season 3, Episode 13(1080p!))!

Started by Nameless, 2012 Mar 19, 17:54:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chirp

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Nov 10, 13:42:04
Spoiler: show
The only question I have about the new episodes is: What book was Luna holding at the end of the second part? I hope it's something that will appear again in the future of season 3  :3

The Tale of Twilight Sparkle? The history on the crystal empire? Just a random book? I too hope it'll appear again in season 3 so your question will be answered by someone that is not me  :D

Lelouch

i think Starswirl might make Twilight his protege as her destiny  ^-^
didnt really like the villian(not enough screentime)  >:O
also way too much Gak commercials  ovO

Salveon

Quote from: Chirp on 2012 Nov 10, 14:43:08
The only question I have about the new episodes is: What book was Luna holding at the end of the second part? I hope it's something that will appear again in the future of season 3  :3

The Tale of Twilight Sparkle? The history on the crystal empire? Just a random book? I too hope it'll appear again in season 3 so your question will be answered by someone that is not me  :D

Yay, I'm not the only one who noticed the book!
~Salveon

Midnight Breeze

Hmm, I found the episodes pretty decent. I'm normally not a fan of things like whole empires coming out of nowhere, but whatever. Retroactive continuity is required if the show is going to continue.

Being the first season where Faust isn't involved at all, I was more than a bit worried. I wasn't too disappointed however. The characters were done fairly well: Twilight is still a neurotic wreck, but the adorkable genius I've always loved. Rainbow Dash is still a complete and utter jerk, no surprises there.

I'm a bit concerned at the small stroke of anger Fluttershy had near the beginning, and her boiling down to be little more than a butt monkey for much of the episode. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but I love Fluttershy to death and I'd really hate to see her flanderized into a Meg Griffin-esque character.

I'm glad Spike finally got his well deserved spotlight. He was a lot more involved in these episodes than he normally is. With any luck he'll become a prominent protagonist; rather than just a protagonist.

I'm also glad to see Luna getting a tad more screen time. Hopefully we'll be seeing plenty of her in the coming season.

I found King Sombra a rather bland and one-dimensional character. He got basically no characterization and hardly any screen time at all. Just appeared laughing every now and then. They really could have done better than that. Discord and Chrysalis were done way, way better.

I also think Shining armor could use some better heroic moments of his own. In these episodes and in Canterlot Wedding he's portrayed as a helpless damsel in distress; having to rely on his wife and sister to save him. How did this guy become captain of the royal guard again?

Overall, I like it. I'm just a tad concerned about character flanderization; particularly Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. Many a good shows have fallen victim to it, I'd hate to see that happen hear.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Fluffy Cloud on 2012 Nov 10, 14:14:16
Commercial: GAK GAK GAK!

Me: I get it!

Spoiler: may the gak jokes commense. (lots of images) • show

My little GAK

My little GAK

GAK GAK GAK GAK GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

I used to wonder what GAK could be

until you all shared it GAK with me

big GAK

tons of GAK

a beautiful GAK

GAK and strong

sharing GAK, it's an east feat

and GAK makes it all complete with my little GAK

Do you know that you're my very best GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Vertigo

Why is everybrony talking about gak I hate that word

Gracie Sky

^-^ No over analyzing required.

I enjoyed the episode; it was fun to watch; I would watch it again.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

PrincessButton

Anyone who watched the episode during it's actual premiere on the hub will get this:
Spoiler: My summary of the premiere • show
Gak is best pony.
Twilight Barkle
Infinite Pinkies?!
and

Spoiler: on a moar serious note • show
The premiere was incredible! 4.7 stars~
As many other people have surely mentioned, I was disappointed with Sombra..I really had higher hopes for this villain, but he ended up being defeated much to easily in my opinion..

But other than that, I wuv wuv wuved the episode!  :D

McSleuthburger

everyone loves gak, no love for floam

Quote from: Vertigo on 2012 Nov 10, 17:11:07

there was a commercial for gak
gok for those who dont know - Nickelodeon/Mattel's most popular compound; the idea was taken from the Nickelodeon show Double Dare and Wham-O's Super Stuff from the mid-60s. The original edition was manufactured in 1992, and then re-issued in 1994 for the Nickelodeon Deluxe Gift Set which included 1 canister of Nickelodeon Gak and 2 canisters of Nickelodeon Floam. It was marketed on the fact that, unlike most of the compounds, it made a "fart" noise when squeezed into its clear, star-shaped container. Gak, Gak-In-The-Dark, Gak Vac, and the Gak Copier are now being resold today with 2012 Nickelodeon branding.

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Nov 10, 17:05:34

I laughed too much because of those

as for the show, enjoyable and cant wait until next week
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

lurk852

Ye gods, this is a long topic.

There were flugelhorns and Spike got to save the day. What more can you ask for?
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

PrincessButton

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 Nov 10, 17:29:54
there was a commercial for gak
gok for those who dont know - Nickelodeon/Mattel's most popular compound; the idea was taken from the Nickelodeon show Double Dare and Wham-O's Super Stuff from the mid-60s. The original edition was manufactured in 1992, and then re-issued in 1994 for the Nickelodeon Deluxe Gift Set which included 1 canister of Nickelodeon Gak and 2 canisters of Nickelodeon Floam. It was marketed on the fact that, unlike most of the compounds, it made a "fart" noise when squeezed into its clear, star-shaped container. Gak, Gak-In-The-Dark, Gak Vac, and the Gak Copier are now being resold today with 2012 Nickelodeon branding.

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Nov 10, 17:05:34

I laughed too much because of those

as for the show, enjoyable and cant wait until next week
Best part was that the Gak commercials were in a row. I was in a room with about fifty other bronies and we were all cracking up. It wasn't even annoying to me, just hilariously silly.

McSleuthburger

I was watching the stream on bronyState and the whole chat just lit up when gak came up and boos for floam
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

PrincessButton

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 Nov 10, 17:40:07
I was watching the stream on bronyState and the whole chat just lit up when gak came up and boos for floam
Bahaha that's amazing XD

Rissian

I ended up watching season 3 on Youtube and had fun watching the premier, not to mention some of Applejack's lines and Rarity's reaction to the crystal ponies, and her daydream moment which was pretty funny as well. It was pretty good I tend to like the normal episodes better then season premiers but I wonder if the Crystal empire will be in random episodes since it's kind of noticeable now. o_o

Jenzy

She looked pretty "angry" in the ep. too.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 10, 18:44:38 #255 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 10, 18:54:17 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Vertigo on 2012 Nov 10, 17:11:07

Because there were tons and tons and TONS of gak commercials aired during the season 3 premiere, apparently.

Anyway, I quite enjoyed the premiere. :3 It was really good and worth the wait. The story flowed really well, and I liked the twists and turns. Kind of wish we could see more of the villain. If there's a good way for them to reintroduce him, they really should. Maybe if he met Chrysalis.

And I'm kind of curious about the book that suddenly appeared in front of Luna at the very end. I was hoping they were gonna show a little bit more of it than it just floating in front of her as the mane six left, but nope. Cliff hanger?

Oh, and I think I was right. Everyone else heard the crystal ponies saying "The crystal princess!" when they saw Cadence flying down with the crystal heart, right? The show's producers have been planning this since before season 2, so that means the Canterlot wedding was partially to introduce Cadence and Shining Armor and prepare for the Crystal Empire two-parter.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Little Judas

Guess what I watched...
That's right an episode of Futurama.

Oh yes, that one show with the little horses too.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 10, 18:44:38
And I'm kind of curious about the book that suddenly appeared in front of Luna at the very end. I was hoping they were gonna show a little bit more of it than it just floating in front of her as the mane six left, but nope. Cliff hanger?

Oh, and I think I was right. Everyone else heard the crystal ponies saying "The crystal princess!" when they saw Cadence flying down with the crystal heart, right? The show's producers have been planning this since before season 2, so that means the Canterlot wedding was partially to introduce Cadence and Shining Armor and prepare for the Crystal Empire two-parter.

Maybe this means they will introduce more consistency between the episode, which is why there are only 13 episodes.
~~The story of Twilight getting to the next level of her training (or even completing it)~~
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 10, 20:18:33 #257 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 10, 20:33:46 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Nov 10, 19:58:02
Guess what I watched...
That's right an episode of Futurama.

Oh yes, that one show with the little horses too.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 10, 18:44:38

Maybe this means they will introduce more consistency between the episode, which is why there are only 13 episodes.
~~The story of Twilight getting to the next level of her training (or even completing it)~~

Hopefully. By the way, to be clear, the thing I think I might've been right about is that Cadence is probably princess of the crystal ponies. I was just guessing from her cutiemark and her mane, and the fact that she was gonna be in the Crystal Empire.

I linked some of my friends to the video in the first post, by the way. One of my silly friends didn't know both parts came out, and he only linked everyone to the first episode.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

That pony face that Pinkie make's in that commercial is great for scaring my brony friend's  lol

(fail grammar :c )

The Wandering Magus

there was a list somewhere for the ad, right?  horses, g3 pinkie shapeshift, dragonshy, dash academy, age regression, etc.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Go Up