[LoE] Minecraft - Event Thread

Started by Billow Pillow, 2013 Feb 14, 00:10:41

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I think we should only be in a Skype call with our teammate. :nod:

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

Yeah skype should be team based, or we will have issues.

Rules of The Survival Games:
Only one player can win The Survival Games.
You can not break any blocks, expect for leaves, vines and mushrooms.
You are only allowed to place blocks you find in chests.
Your inventory must be empty before you start the game.
No player is allowed to enter the host house.

Rules for the host of The Survival Games:
The host is allowed to add any weapons or food he/she want at any time in the center chests, after the second day has passed.
The host is allowed to spawn zombies, creepers or skeletons after the second day has passed.
If a player for some reason is stuck a hole or simular, the host is allowed to tp the player out.

All of LoE's language rules apply any cursing will be muted, and no explicit content.

Billow Pillow

Congratulations to all the winners from yesterday! I hope everyone had fun, and i hope you all have a good day!

1st - Vincent232
2nd - Sioriwish
3rd - Trege100
4th - RozalynPaige
5th - Tekner

We are also now taking request on which map we shall play next, the next event will start in two weeks from today.   :nod:

Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2013 Mar 10, 12:43:27
Congratulations to all the winners from yesterday! I hope everyone had fun, and i hope you all have a good day!

1st - Vincent232
2nd - Sioriwish
3rd - Trege100
4th - RozalynPaige
5th - Tekner

We are also now taking request on which map we shall play next, the next event will start in two weeks from today.   :nod:

Wait, I scored above Tekner? o_O

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rikaria

Though I'm still picking Super Craft Bros. and Vampire Survival, I have a new event idea thanks to two videos I've just finished watching:

Event: No Petting Zoo
Number of players: Minimum of two, but it can go up to however many you want
Location: Either a pre-made map, a currently existing world, or a fresh new one

Spoiler: Detailed rules • show
Rules for the participants:[list]
[li]You MUST be in Survival![/li]
[li]Each player has a 10x10 (or 15x15) Obsidian/Bedrock square (or whatever block you want it to be if griefing/mob griefing is turned off) with a Wool roof above (different-colored for each player; if there's more than 16 players, you can use other solid blocks).[/li]
[li]Each player is given as much Glass Blocks as needed for the duration of the event; however, they only start with 2 full stacks.[/li]
[li]Each player is given 5 Cooked Porckchops (or whatever else restores 4 full Hunger).[/li]
[li]Going after the mobs listed by the judge, each player will have to search in the wild and bring one of each back.[/li]
[li]Use the Glass Blocks to try and trap your mobs within your 10x10 (or 15x15) square.[/li]
[li]No stealing others' mobs UNLESS they start going after you instead! This also includes hitting a mob that's following someone else![/li]
[li]If griefing protection is turned off, NO BREAKING OTHERS' GLASS BLOCKS![/li]
[li]First to trap/cage in all of the mobs listed wins![/li][/list]
Rules for the judge(s):[list]
[li]You MUST be in Creative![/li]
[li]Provide which mobs the participants need to bring back. They can be passive, aggressive, or both, but it CAN'T be any of the bosses! If Nether mobs are included, DON'T include a Ghast! Furthermore, it's up to you whether or not to provide a portal/portals.[/li]
[li]To prevent mobs from despawning, stay within the "no petting zoo" area.[/li]
[li]Provide ONE full stack of Glass Blocks when a participant runs out.[/li]
[li]NO ASSISTING ANYONE/NO FAVORITISM![/li]
[li]And, obviously, NO GRIEFING/KILLING/HINDERING PARTICIPANTS IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER![/li][/list]
Examples of stuff you can change:[list]
[li]Bigger area for each player[/li]
[li]Glass Blocks stacks given at start to 5-8 full stacks, but the judge can't provide any more stacks[/li]
[li]No food given at start[/li]
[li]Doesn't have to be limited to one of each listed mob[/li]
[li]Mob stealing being allowed; HOWEVER, if a mob is already trapped/caged in, leave that mob alone![/li][/list]
Obviously, you can make your own rules for this, but try to maintain the spirit of the event X3
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

TCDubstep

Quote from: Rikaria on 2013 Mar 15, 23:42:47
Though I'm still picking Super Craft Bros. and Vampire Survival, I have a new event idea thanks to two videos I've just finished watching:

Event: No Petting Zoo
Number of players: Minimum of two, but it can go up to however many you want
Location: Either a pre-made map, a currently existing world, or a fresh new one

Spoiler: Detailed rules • show
Rules for the participants:[list]
[li]You MUST be in Survival![/li]
[li]Each player has a 10x10 (or 15x15) Obsidian/Bedrock square (or whatever block you want it to be if griefing/mob griefing is turned off) with a Wool roof above (different-colored for each player; if there's more than 16 players, you can use other solid blocks).[/li]
[li]Each player is given as much Glass Blocks as needed for the duration of the event; however, they only start with 2 full stacks.[/li]
[li]Each player is given 5 Cooked Porckchops (or whatever else restores 4 full Hunger).[/li]
[li]Going after the mobs listed by the judge, each player will have to search in the wild and bring one of each back.[/li]
[li]Use the Glass Blocks to try and trap your mobs within your 10x10 (or 15x15) square.[/li]
[li]No stealing others' mobs UNLESS they start going after you instead! This also includes hitting a mob that's following someone else![/li]
[li]If griefing protection is turned off, NO BREAKING OTHERS' GLASS BLOCKS![/li]
[li]First to trap/cage in all of the mobs listed wins![/li][/list]
Rules for the judge(s):[list]
[li]You MUST be in Creative![/li]
[li]Provide which mobs the participants need to bring back. They can be passive, aggressive, or both, but it CAN'T be any of the bosses! If Nether mobs are included, DON'T include a Ghast! Furthermore, it's up to you whether or not to provide a portal/portals.[/li]
[li]To prevent mobs from despawning, stay within the "no petting zoo" area.[/li]
[li]Provide ONE full stack of Glass Blocks when a participant runs out.[/li]
[li]NO ASSISTING ANYONE/NO FAVORITISM![/li]
[li]And, obviously, NO GRIEFING/KILLING/HINDERING PARTICIPANTS IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER![/li][/list]
Examples of stuff you can change:

• Bigger area for each player

• Glass Blocks stacks given at start to 5-8 full stacks, but the judge can't provide any more stacks

• No food given at start

• Doesn't have to be limited to one of each listed mob

• Mob stealing being allowed; HOWEVER, if a mob is already trapped/caged in, leave that mob alone!

Obviously, you can make your own rules for this, but try to maintain the spirit of the event X3[/spoiler]

Rooster teeth?

Rikaria

Yeah... I didn't wanna link the video here because... well... language ._.

ANYWAY! *votes*

Billow Pillow

Yessum! Please if you already haven't cast in your votes now.  Voting for this weeks event shall end on friday, and we shall play at (4pm est) (3pm CNT) (1pm PST) Time may change though.  But most likely not.  :nod:
Senpai Notice me

Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Rikaria

Uhh... you might wanna recheck those times... It's currently DST, remember? :P

Billow Pillow

2013 Mar 30, 15:25:58 #69 Last Edit: 2013 Mar 30, 15:49:24 by Lyra Heartstrings
I still don't understand what you mean by that.  But the event starts in 30 minutes.  Hopefully we will get enough people, and if not.  Then... oh well.  Always next week. :nod:

Edit: It's apparent it's not going to happen this week.  Not enough people interested, guessing it's cause easter is around the corner.  So unfortuantely it's going to have to take place next week.
Senpai Notice me

Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Rissian

Yeah, unforeseen events kinda came up and some people are going to have easter plans and stuff etc.

We can and will play Super Craft Bros next week though since that was the voted for event.

Rikaria

Argh, I KNEW I forgot something...

Anyway, to Lyra: I meant it was Daylight Savings Time, so I was confused when you said "4 PM EST" and "1 PM PST". In this case, I thought you meant 5 PM EDT and 2 PM PDT.

Bravo 658

Rikaria

No, my heart, stop. Stop! *ded*

Rissian

2013 Apr 06, 18:59:32 #74 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 06, 19:01:29 by Trege
It seems we've had to delay this event yet again I'm sorry guys, I sort of slept in and we didn't get a chance to test the map out yet to make sure it works correctly. Next week we have to do this because it's not fair to the people who voted if we don't. So I'm even setting an alarm so I won't sleep in at all and we plan to test the map on Friday before everyone plays it on Saturday that way the event will be up and running when you guys can get on.

So if everyone's schedule is clear for next Saturday we plan to run it then. If not we can try and adjust it for everyone's schedule if something has come up for anyone. But if everything is well schedule wise we plan to run it next week no matter what if we can.  X3

Super Craft Bros : Schedule.
Saturday.
4/13/2013

3PM CST

4PM EST

1PM PST

8PM GMT

(If anything needs to be adjusted or if my brain derped on time zones just mention it in this thread. We can also try and find a different time to run the event it if it works out better for everyone.)

Rikaria

Alright, I'm pretty sure I can make it today. I just... need to be re-added back into the Skype group (that seemed to disappear from my Contacts list :I).

Book Smarts

Quote from: Rikaria on 2013 Apr 13, 10:57:14
Alright, I'm pretty sure I can make it today. I just... need to be re-added back into the Skype group (that seemed to disappear from my Contacts list :I).

Right click on the group chat and click "add to favorites," that should help  :D

Rikaria

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Apr 13, 11:13:48
Right click on the group chat and click "add to favorites," that should help  :D

Done, thanks :D

Billow Pillow

Event starts in 15 minutes! Hoping well get more people to join us.   :nod:
Senpai Notice me

Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Rikaria

I'm sad that we couldn't get to play Super Craft Bros. properly :(

User actions
Go Up