Most horrific things you've encountered in video games.

Started by Jenzy, 2013 Feb 04, 02:12:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Axie

Zsaszz

Quote from: Doomato on 2014 Aug 08, 05:55:34
Quote from: Zsaszz on 2014 May 28, 20:52:27
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 May 28, 17:51:07
Ok, I'm not a big scare fan, so this'll most likely seem a bit tame, but...
Laughing Octopus.

If you've played MGS4, then you know what I mean. Plus the first time I fought her, I didn't know she could hide on the ceiling......she jumped me, I shouted, and I'm pretty sure I made my brother jump as well.
Should I mention the "Beauty" phase was even creepier?!

When i was younger and was playing MGS for the first time, the one that scared me the most was Psycho Mantis, his voice, his attacks, the general atmosphere that he and the music gave, were a little creepy, and the little trick that u had to do to defeat him took me hours to figure it out
Spoiler: Psycho Mantis • show

Wasn't he able to read your memory card to see what you were playing?

Ya he could see is you saved your game often, or if you had other konami games saved in your memory card, in the GameCube remake "The Twin Snakes" I think he could see if you had saved super smash, Zelda and other games. And he was able to make your controller vibrate with his mind  ovO.

Chromastone64

Ok, this one I only saw yesterday: The Tam-Tara Deepcroft (Hard Mode) from Final Fantasy XIV. ONLY on Hard Mode
This place is so creepy, and what's actually happening there...well, I don't think the forum rules will let me say. All I will say is it's the most messed-up wedding ever.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

waaaaaaah

For me so far, that would be the scene in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, where you're hit with a flashback of you in a mental institution. You're in the hall, there's blood pouring out of the doors and from the ceiling, you can hear tortured screams, and vaguely see a few tentacles waving about at the far end.
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

Pipkin

Just a friendly reminder to everyone to make sure your posts are forum appropriate, thank you!

waaaaaaah

I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

StormieSkys

Halo 3 on legendary mode. It's most horrifying and rage inducing thing ever. Also, in titanfall, when you are a puny human pilot and there is a giant robot mech chasing you down shooting rockets and bullets at you.

Redacted

The Weeping Angels mod for Gmod on a dark map  :'( ... I Even quit The game...

Zsaszz

Quote from: StormieSkys on 2014 Aug 12, 10:35:11
Halo 3 on legendary mode. It's most horrifying and rage inducing thing ever. Also, in titanfall, when you are a puny human pilot and there is a giant robot mech chasing you down shooting rockets and bullets at you.

I...don't even want to remember halo on legendary, there's a part in halo reach in the end when you need to get to a cannon to get time to the Pillar of Autumn to escape, I can't even remember how many times I had to retry that part over and over and over...
I think that it could be a nice 40 times until I was able to get to the top, with barely enough sanity left to avoid smashing the controller against the wall, ya... fun at it's finest. The flood were really annoying on legendary too, the flood ship on halo 3 was so annoying, a full swarm coming out of nowhere, and those things that stick to the walls and shoot at you >:O I hate those so much.

Chromastone64

Clickers in The Last Of Us. (I may have posted this before)
If you've played the game, need I say more?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

sact3rnlang3l

I still think the worst thing is either the ghouls from Uncharted: Drakes Fortune.
Nova 6 Crawlers from Cod: Zombies.
Or seeing The blue shell Icon while in first on mariocart....

Dark Hooves

2014 Aug 26, 18:53:16 #171 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 29, 05:50:27 by Astranacus
A moderator has already given a warning, please keep content appropriate and not violate rule 7.d.

This post has been edited and the link has been removed.

Forum Rules = http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Yuriski

Playing slender with a friend at midnight, then we glitch into the sink and can't move, and slenderman slowly approaches.

It was horrifying  D:

Dream Bolt

Okay, I don't play horror games, (I don't like all the violence, otherwise I would probably love them,) but I don't think you need to play a horror game to beat some of the freakishly creepy stuff in some of these games. Stuff like....

Spiders(Uncharted: Drake's Deception): Those things were kind of panic-educing. Doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of spiders in the first place.  DD:

Ghouls(Ico) The ghouls were truly haunting. Not openly terrifying, but perhaps all the more eerie for that. They don't really make noise, there's just this eerie, slightly musical noise in the air when they are present. >.<

And one of my favorites, (or most feared,)...

Mimi(Super Paper Mario: Luna preserve us. That thing was in a an E-10+ game? She struck me as some sort of cartoon version of something that would be more at home in Silent Hill. When she first transformed, I specifically remember thinking how unusually creepy that was for a Mario game. D:

Chromastone64

Me and my friend just fought the Gigginox in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.  ono

Nuserame

How bout 'all of Outlast'

Awesome game, beat Amnesia on the sheer horror level though not quite on actual scariness since it relied more on jump-scares which got predictable after a while.

Both games kinda fall prey to obvious predictable stuff though.

I love horror games though, im kind of jaded. Most 'scary bits' in games kinda have me saying 'lol, nice try game'. Been playing horror games since... long ago, must have been like 11 years old.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Rissian

Well if childhood ones count this thing always bothered me as a kid.

It was the simple fact that I was too young to know how to beat this boss 4 energy tanks later and it won. It always upset me as a kid because I never learned how to beat it until I was older and it was creepy combined with the music. Now it's pretty fun to fight though.

Oh and these things as a kid they made you feel pretty helpless when you first fight them.
Spoiler: show

MrEmu

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2014 Aug 30, 06:45:35
Me and my friend just fought the Gigginox in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.  ono
OhMiGosh, YES!!! Yes yes yes! That thing was horrifying!

also, Redead from LoZ, those guys make me need new pants... :s

Dark Hooves

Quote from: Trege on 2014 Sep 04, 03:47:33
Well if childhood ones count this thing always bothered me as a kid.

It was the simple fact that I was too young to know how to beat this boss 4 energy tanks later and it won. It always upset me as a kid because I never learned how to beat it until I was older and it was creepy combined with the music. Now it's pretty fun to fight though.

Oh and these things as a kid they made you feel pretty helpless when you first fight them.
Spoiler: show

i remember that, it is from megaman x, the 3rd to the last boss, the spider, vile, sigma <<< the final boss, has 2 parts
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Yuriski

The release of The Sims 4. EA has yet again killed a game franchise.

Go Up