Great Expectations

Started by Gracie Sky, 2013 Jan 07, 23:29:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Gracie Sky

2013 Jan 07, 23:29:58 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 07, 23:34:42 by Gracie Sky

"My son takes charge like a true stallion!
My daughter is faithful and demure as any mare should be.
See how perfect my children are?"

Meet Alpha Forte and his younger sister, Charity Altrue. They are the trophy children of one of the most decorated Pegasus commanders in Cloudsdale, Commander Render the "Arrowhead". Their father's success has been the measure by which they have been defined by their entire lives. Commander Render was always focused on being perfect, whether it be work or play, and reached the top with this attitude of supremacy. His strong beliefs in gender roles became all too apparent when he had two children and raised them to be perfect, like him.

Alpha Forte is an upfront, confrontational pony who never backs down from anything. Like his father, he works hard to achieve everything he puts his mind to, and even anything along the way. Competitive by nature, he constantly proves his dominance in everything by challenging everypony who threatens his superiority to contests.  Ponies below him in his mind he enjoys constantly belittling, but only it helps improve his image to his peers. His cutie mark was earned when he won a Origami contest with a particularly bitter rival of his. It is the folding of paper, representing his ability to change the world around him to what he deems fit. If it's there for him to take, he will take it. He is a truly perfect stallion.

Charity Altrue is a complaisant pony, known best for her abundant generosity. She never speaks out turn and will always be the first to back down at the slightest sign of resistance. She has very little attachment to her possessions and will readily give them to ponies who are more deserving of them, sometimes even if they don't deserve it at all. Always self conscious of other ponies' opinions of her, she is constantly praising other ponies to try and earn more favor with them. Yes, she also does a lot of charity work. She earned her cutie mark while having an amazingly enjoyable time raking leaves for some neighbors. It is a leaf, representing her compliant nature, ready to comply to the smallest gust of wind. If it's there for her to give, she will give it. She is a truly perfect mare.

But there are rumors... speculations that there are more than meets the eyes about these two perfect children. You can hear whispers that there is a price for perfection.

Spoiler: show
I tried my hand at art for an hour, because Pony Creator just doesn't capture the dynamic these two share with each other. I hope it works...
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

ComputerDeathglare

I... I don't I don't really like them. "Perfection" makes them seem so... bland to me.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Gracie Sky

Spoiler: show
They are designed to be supporting characters, making one or two appearances at most. In that time, they would develop and teach or learn an important lesson about friendship or something about being true to yourself. They are obviously only made to appear perfect. I'm only showing you one side of them, while hinting at the other sides.

ComputerDeathglare

By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Midnight Breeze

Alpha Forte is OFFENSIVE AND SEXIST toward feminine stallions.  >:(

Gracie Sky

:c It's true. But, it's their fault for being so imperfect! To think if the paragon of stallions was seen being friends with... the opposite of the paragon of stallions! His reputation would be tarnished! His father would probably disown him!

They're better off hanging out with his sister, if she is good enough for them that is.

Midnight Breeze

After meeting Alpha, Midnight has this nightmare every night:

Go Up