Unsure?
6 (6.5%)
Don't like pokemon (that's Impossible)
4 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Go Down

Bro1997

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Aug 14, 08:57:41
I actually don't have that much Pokémon merchandise; if anything, I spent most of my money on the games (transferring Pokémon all the way from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was fun even with everything required >_>).

Yeah, the game would be a lot of money. Considering Pokémon's a big name.

cloudwilk

I guess I started my pokemon journey around 2004/2005-ish. I just liked running around and catching pokemon, naming them, breeding them, training them and whatnot. (But, of course, never logically ^^') I favored a swellow in my Sapphire game. I named him Flaper (One p because I didn't know how to spell) That's all I used throughout the whole game. The swellow. I got him to level 100 after beating the league for a few times. I considered Flaper (Actually, now that I think about it, FLAPER) my starter only because the actually starter I chose, a Torchi, I released because I had no idea how a PC worked. I don't know how I was able to get a taillow so early in the game, but I did, and that was my new starter. ^^

When I got into Diamond, I became more broad about my poke'mon. That is, began to focus more on team-building and getting all the pokemon in my PC up in levels. It still wasn't particularly logical because I still didn't understand the game nor was about of any websites or viewed popular websites like Serebii. That was a time when Poke'mon was just something I did. It wasn't a social game.

X completely changed that. I got X around Christmas and kinda played it. I hadn't been into Black or White, even though I had both. I never bought Black 2 or White 2 and am glad I didn't because I wouldn't of played those either. Poke'mon drained a lot of money out of my wallet as it is @.@ I have currently, Red, Yellow, Green, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, X, Mystery Dungeon Blue, Mystery Dungeon Red, Mystery Dungeon Sky & Time & Darkness, the first three Poke'mon Ranger games, Poke'mon XD & Colleseum, the Poke'mon Wii Ware Rancher, got Poke'mon Snap via Wii Ware, Poke'park, the first 11 movies on DVD, the Orange Island season of pokemon, the first discs of the original series, and a few plushies and figures hanging around. I think Nintendo is happy with me as it is  X3 

It was because of Wondertrade and Vivillons I really began to be a fan. It made me become more social and I thought it was so cool when wondertrading you could see where the other person was from. I remember the very first one was from England. Then I ran into somebody in my class who was a big fan and we'd hang out a lot. He's the one that dragged me into the Poke'mon club and now here I am. Playing fansites and listening to video's and reviews. I'm still not apart of the community so much. I rarely use forums or anything or even create fancontent. I do feel like I'm more apart of the MLP community. I don't know why, but the MLP fanbase feels like it just integrates with my life more. There's radio stations, these giant fan RPG's, a story and world to follow but with characters I actually care about, and animation video's that can actually get me a step up in my own life. That's why I feel I can really call myself a Brony.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Rikaria

2014 Aug 15, 11:15:20 #1022 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 15, 11:22:12 by Rikaria
For me, it was like this:

- Gen I: Before I actually got into the games, I played someone else's Red. Afterwards, I got my own Game Boy Color and Pokémon Yellow. At the time I only raised my favorite Pokémon, giving them the most powerful moves they can learn.

- Gen II: I originally had Gold, but after... issues, I ended up getting Silver. I also had Crystal. I somewhat still followed the same mindset from Gen I.

- Gen III: I have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Colosseum, and Gale of Darkness. Though I didn't care about Natures, EVs (Effort Values), and IVs (Individual Values) back then, this was the point in which I actually started caring about my team's Moves; more specifically, being able to get multiple super effective moves as possible on just one Pokémon.

- Gen IV: I have Pearl, SoulSilver, Battle Revolution, both Rescue Team games, Explorers of Darkness/Sky, and all the Ranger games. I used to have Diamond and Platinum. Anyway, same mindset as Gen III, though to be honest this was my least-played Gen.

- Gen V: I have Black (1), White 2, and Dream Radar. During Black I still followed the same mindset as Gen III and IV, but when I reached Join Avenue in White 2, this was when I started caring about Natures and EVs (and IVs to some extent). Mind you, I don't battle competitively, but it still bothered me that I've been ignoring those things until now. Anyway, this was my most-played Gen.

- Gen VI: I have Y, Gates to Infinity, and (later,) Omega Ruby (still not sure if/when I'll get Alpha Sapphire). Same mindset as White 2, even moreso with the addition of Hordes (+ Pokérus + EV-enhancing held items = muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch faster EV training than Super Training; no need to buy Vitamins, either).

I currently have a proper team consisting of over 60 Pokémon, a few being duplicates due to various reasons.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

cloudwilk

I care about Nature's and EV's now, but even though they're easier, I'm still too lazy to really push forward. Now that I'm breeding for IV's, my game is pretty much just a biking simulator and that's just... boring. I know if I got more involved, I could just focus on one pokemon for perfect IV's and figure a trading center... but... eh XP Right now, I'm breeding Aron's and am crying that I can't seem to hatch a 4IV. or get a shiny. Whichever.

Bro1997

2014 Aug 15, 22:18:20 #1024 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 15, 22:21:40 by Bro1997
Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 15, 09:38:30
I guess I started my pokemon journey around 2004/2005-ish. I just liked running around and catching pokemon, naming them, breeding them, training them and whatnot. (But, of course, never logically ^^') I favored a swellow in my Sapphire game. I named him Flaper (One p because I didn't know how to spell) That's all I used throughout the whole game. The swellow. I got him to level 100 after beating the league for a few times. I considered Flaper (Actually, now that I think about it, FLAPER) my starter only because the actually starter I chose, a Torchi, I released because I had no idea how a PC worked. I don't know how I was able to get a taillow so early in the game, but I did, and that was my new starter. ^^

When I got into Diamond, I became more broad about my poke'mon. That is, began to focus more on team-building and getting all the pokemon in my PC up in levels. It still wasn't particularly logical because I still didn't understand the game nor was about of any websites or viewed popular websites like Serebii. That was a time when Poke'mon was just something I did. It wasn't a social game.

X completely changed that. I got X around Christmas and kinda played it. I hadn't been into Black or White, even though I had both. I never bought Black 2 or White 2 and am glad I didn't because I wouldn't of played those either. Poke'mon drained a lot of money out of my wallet as it is @.@ I have currently, Red, Yellow, Green, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, X, Mystery Dungeon Blue, Mystery Dungeon Red, Mystery Dungeon Sky & Time & Darkness, the first three Poke'mon Ranger games, Poke'mon XD & Colleseum, the Poke'mon Wii Ware Rancher, got Poke'mon Snap via Wii Ware, Poke'park, the first 11 movies on DVD, the Orange Island season of pokemon, the first discs of the original series, and a few plushies and figures hanging around. I think Nintendo is happy with me as it is  X3 

It was because of Wondertrade and Vivillons I really began to be a fan. It made me become more social and I thought it was so cool when wondertrading you could see where the other person was from. I remember the very first one was from England. Then I ran into somebody in my class who was a big fan and we'd hang out a lot. He's the one that dragged me into the Poke'mon club and now here I am. Playing fansites and listening to video's and reviews. I'm still not apart of the community so much. I rarely use forums or anything or even create fancontent. I do feel like I'm more apart of the MLP community. I don't know why, but the MLP fanbase feels like it just integrates with my life more. There's radio stations, these giant fan RPG's, a story and world to follow but with characters I actually care about, and animation video's that can actually get me a step up in my own life. That's why I feel I can really call myself a Brony.

Well, the Brony fandom is a whole lot newer then the Pokémon fandom which has basically exist since 1996 in Japan. I'm more into MLP as well. Something about it is more special even though Pokémon is fun to play. I'm not much into both Pokémon and MLP communities however. It's crazy enough how long Mario and Sonic themselves have received fan art and animation. Makes you wonder how much longer these fandoms will last! BTW, you have a lot of Pokémon merchandise. I can imagine your room is probably filled with $1,000s of dollars worth of Pokémon and MLP merchandise from the last 10 years! Can't imagine how much money you've spent on all that!

cloudwilk

My gosh the sonic fandom. I don't hear much about the Mario fandom. I know there's a lot of players out there but it doesn't (or so it appears to me) accumulate a fanbase the same way Sonic, Poke'mon, and MLP has. I like the Mario games but I don't scan forums searching for threads about the games. They're just kinda fun to enjoy on their own, which is nice.

Rikaria

Uhh... I'm a Mario fan as well, but can we avoid going off-topic, please?

So I'm really curious: Tyrantrum's Hidden Ability isn't available for us, yet the ones in Battle Maison have it. Now normally I'd look at Friend Safaris for a remedy, but not even Tyrunt shows up in them... Y u do this, Game Freak?!

Bro1997

2014 Aug 16, 15:29:54 #1027 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 16, 15:33:34 by Bro1997
Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 16, 07:07:19
My gosh the sonic fandom. I don't hear much about the Mario fandom. I know there's a lot of players out there but it doesn't (or so it appears to me) accumulate a fanbase the same way Sonic, Poke'mon, and MLP has. I like the Mario games but I don't scan forums searching for threads about the games. They're just kinda fun to enjoy on their own, which is nice.

Mario has had his share of fan art and fan animation however. I used to be a fan of Mario for a little while, but I'm not really much into video games except Pokémon because to me I tend to not have any interest in that kind of stuff. I'm certain that every franchise in the world has some kind of fandom. DeviantArt has tons of fan art of most things you can think off. Believe me. Have you heard of Super Mario Bros Z? It's a fan animation that was created by some Mario and Sonic fan that is animated as if it was some kind of gameplay. It's still crazy how Mario and Sonic have after the whole Mario vs Sonic conflicts of the early 1990s have adapted now to having Olympic games based on both franchises and their characters. Let's stop this conversation and let other Pokémon fans have their talks, okay. I don't want to receive another warning from the forum team about breaking a rule of going off-topic on threads. Besides, I don't have X and Y and don't really deserve to be on this thread because of it.

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon X & Y

For those of you in the United States of America, the new event is now running in Gamestop stores. From today to August 31st, you will be able to go to Gamestop and receive a Serial Code. When you enter this Serial Code into Mystery Gift, you will then download the Heracronite in Pokémon X or Pinsirite in Pokémon Y. This event is running in conjunction with the event currently running over the Internet in North America. Be sure to get yours before it ends

Rikaria

Quote from: Ahri on 2014 Aug 18, 21:20:31
I think this mite be my favorite of all the Pokemon games, the best part is you aren't a microscopic sprite and are a real person

Technically you're still a chibi; you don't see the full model till during battles, certain scenes, you're picking out your outfit, and you make your Trainer video.

cloudwilk

I don't think you're as chibi-ish in the new games. Before, you were mostly just a head. Now, you also have a torso :3 I mean, yea, get technical and point out how you can still see the legs or perhaps the top view played a part, but I can still see a significant change in proportions.

I never really felt anyway about the sprite.. it was always about the pokemon. But I did think the customize option (or what there was of it) was pretty neat. Hopefully that can get pushed more. I don't want pokemon to go in a full proportion, more realistic route to some degree, though. I think it's style works in its advantage. I'm not going to lie, it will be cool to see a realistic pokemon game and I've dreamed of it ever since.. but there is a charm to the colorful, kid-friendly world.

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Aug 18, 10:15:18
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon X & Y

For those of you in the United States of America, the new event is now running in Gamestop stores. From today to August 31st, you will be able to go to Gamestop and receive a Serial Code. When you enter this Serial Code into Mystery Gift, you will then download the Heracronite in Pokémon X or Pinsirite in Pokémon Y. This event is running in conjunction with the event currently running over the Internet in North America. Be sure to get yours before it ends

Someone said that they called their local gamestop stores and said that their stores don't have codes just yet, but if you guys are unsure or unaware about this, it's best to call them first before going to the store to get the code. To be on the safe side, you can just wait a day or 2 and then come back to the store and get the code.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Well... it's not like I can really go at the moment. I can probably get the code this weekend, though.

Doctor Light

You Americans are so lucky, getting all these codes.
Hey, I like Doctor Who, writing, playing and singing music, badminton, and MLP.

Rikaria

Just as long as it's not a Japan-only event, I'm sure the other parts of the world will get them, too.

Take the special Poké Ball pattern Vivillon distribution, for example. North America got that event last, while Europe got it first.

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiIt has been announced that two distribution events are coming to the US this October in Gamestop stores. From October 13th to October 26th, you'll be able to obtain a Serial Code to receive a special Shiny Gengar at Gamestop Stores. This Gengar comes holding the Gengarite and matches the event being held in Japan later this month, and is to tie in with the upcoming TCG set, Phantom Forces.
Next, from October 27th to November 16th, you'll be able to get a Serial Code to receive the Mythical Pokémon, Diancie. As known, this Diancie can only be obtained through this event and, when traded to Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, gives you the Diancite item to Mega Evolve it into Mega Diancie

About time we get Diancie, but what about the other two unreleased Legendaries?

KirbyFluttershy

It's probably movie based, but i've seen other people get them before the event which is considered as hacked pokemon.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Shiny (Mega) Gengar and Diancie distribution confirmed for other regions now.

GoldenTerrabyte

Been doing a second playthrough. I had fun invading Team Flare's base dressed up like a Pokémon Trainer Link.
I'm back

cloudwilk

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Sep 09, 16:15:38
Been doing a second playthrough. I had fun invading Team Flare's base dressed up like a Pokémon Trainer Link.

wait wait wait... what?

Go Up