Majem

Started by Chirp, 2012 Oct 13, 17:22:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chirp

2012 Oct 13, 17:22:19 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 16, 17:02:34 by Chirp
Name: Majem
Species: Unicorn
Physique: Not at all strong or fast. Low physical endurance, but a quick thinker with great reflexes.
Cutie Mark: A whirlpool.

Talent: Majem has mastered the liquefy spell. He can almost effortlessly turn one of his limb into water. More than one limb, or even a full-body liquefaction takes a lot more effort. When turned to water, Majem can easily (and extremely fast) traverse through or hide in water or move through extremely narrow spaces. Though he usually keeps his normal shape in water form.
He can hold his breath for an impressive amount of time; comes with the expertise in swimming.

Coat Colour: Entirely blue, but his coat is almost black near his hooves, whereas his face is a very bright blue.
Hair Colour: Majem's natural hair colour is white, but a spell turned it into water. It gently floats through the air if nothing's wrong, though the waving becomes more violent if Majem is angered or excited.
Eye Colour: Blue.

Picture Time!
Spoiler: The long awaited picture of this silly pony! • show

Occupation: With his talent and interests, Majem has become a water tester. He makes sure the water is clear by both traditional and his own ways. His own way being liquefying himself and checking the water himself. Apart from testing the water, Majem will also clean the water, if necessary.

Personality: Majem loves to talk to other ponies, though he can be the quiet type, meaning he probably won't be the one starting the conversation. He is usually calm and rather laid-back. Despite this, Majem loves going on adventures and will become somewhat of a daredevil when adventuring. He's very curious and somewhat distrusting in ponies' motives behind their actions. Majem is just like his grandfather.
Other information: Majem's mane and tail are constantly liquefied because he subconsciously casts the liquefy spell on them. They only return to normal if Majem  is drained of magic, or knocked out. He has high magical endurance, though he's extremely weak with spells which do not include water.

Likes: Water, fish, noodles, rice, swimming, magic, Earth Ponies (Interested in their passive magic and a little jealous of their physique), adventures, sleeping, cynicism

Dislikes: Fire, pain, spiders, surfacing, talking too much, getting up, his natural hair, littering, mysteries

De magicks: Aside from turning parts of his body into water, Majem will also have to give form to them by changing the surface tension of his water. Once he has given himself a form, any form of collision with his new body, will be felt as pain. He will remain visually unharmed, regardless of what happens to him in water form (He won't have any cuts, bruises or other form of wounds, but will be in pain).
To give form to himself takes more effort than letting himself flow away like normal water. That's why his mane and his tail take so little effort, they don't really have a definite shape.

The water inside of him is constantly flowing outwards to prevent any pollution from entering his body after turning back to normal. This does not mean that his 'skin' is impenetrable (Far from it, actually. Put a bag on his back, it'll sink through him). If too much pollution has gone through his body, he will be sick. The water he swims through has to be clean, unless he swims in normal form.

Background Story:
Spoiler: show
Majem: The moment he was born, his cutiemark and his talent were very clear. Majem was the perfect picture of the ocean, and he was reminded almost daily when his sister was still very little. She would often draw fish on his coat, about which Majem could only laugh. It made him feel more like the ocean, which he loved. He'd spend all the free time he had swimming, even if it was little. Majem is an excellent swimmer and can hold his breath longer than anypony he knows. But it was never long enough. At some point, he'd have to surface again to breath. Therefore, the little unicorn always practiced a spell to breath underwater, but he never quite figured out how to cast it. He spent several years practicing, but to no avail. Later on, he found a spell to turn his body into water, which the little pony learned much faster and he mastered the use of said spell. He never was the best student, but his talent quickly helped him to the job he loves more than anything.
Majem's dream is to one day become just like his grandfather and travel the entire world.

His father: Bray, an Earth Pony, was a farmer and always needed help on the farm. However, the two Unicorn kids were physically very weak and could do little on the fields, but they tried their best nonetheless. His father rarely asked for help, since the two little unicorns would always help out without being asked. Instead, he told them to go out and play when they began to tire.

His mother: Mistrall, a Pegasus, would help out whenever the kids' duty was over. Her husband wanted her to rest as much as possible. She was quite capable of working out on the farm, yet she tired out a lot faster than Bray. Even though the local Pegasi would make the weather be optimal for the vegetation on the farms, she would modify the weather above their farm according to her husband's instructions, who knew when there was too much or too little rain, wind or sun.

His sister: Blaze, also a Unicorn, loves her big brother very much but she's completely different. She's very energetic and a very fast runner. She loves cooking and sitting around a campfire. Though it's not her special talent, she's very good at lighting a fire and knowing when a dish is ready.

The ponies in town would always call them the 'elemental' family. Bray being earth, Mistrall being air, Blaze being fire and Majem being water. They laughed whenever somepony said so, since they realized it very well. The elemental family got along very well with the ponyfolk, and when Majem was old enough to live on his own, the entire was saddened to see him leave. The town would never be the same again, without the fourth element present, so they threw him a farewell party.

Zest: Zest, a unicorn and Majem's grandfather was a fanatic adventurer who has been reported missing.
Zest never stayed in one place for too long and rarely had money on him; Going from town to town he accepted any job he could get (preferably bartender), so that he could tell the tales of his adventures before heading out again (and have some fun). The main reason Zest travelled so much was because he didn't like society much and he never trusted anypony with anything.
At some point during his eventful life, in a town where he managed to be bartender for a few days, Zest met a beautiful farmer's daughter. The lovestruck unicorn couldn't leave her, no adventure in the world could drive him away from her and he decided to finally settle down. The two ponies inherited her father's farm and had a wonderful child, they named him Bray. Zest, still uncomfortable with society and distrusting of others, taught his son to be prepared for every situation.
After many years of living a comfortable life and telling stories of his past, Zest grew bored of his life. With Bray being engaged, he decided to take on his adventurous life again and stayed just long enough to watch the wedding of his son. It was the last time Bray saw his father, but Bray never worried about him. He told Majem and Blaze the stories Zest used to tell him.

Majem has only recently moved away from his hometown to live on his own, but he returns to his parents during Heart's Warming Eve and they occasionally visit him.

The Wandering Magus

interesting, and unique!  I like the backstory. I hope he returns to his hometown to visit every now and then, it's as if his family was made for each other ^^

I'm wondering, what happens if his "water limbs" are polluted, though?  like if he encounters sand or gravel, and attempts re-materialization?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chirp

2012 Oct 13, 17:53:22 #2 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 13, 17:56:38 by Chirp
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Oct 13, 17:43:03
interesting, and unique!  I like the backstory. I hope he returns to his hometown to visit every now and then, it's as if his family was made for each other ^^

I'm wondering, what happens if his "water limbs" are polluted, though?  like if he encounters sand or gravel, and attempts re-materialization?

Right, I forgot to add that, didn't I? Well, you see. Usually pollution will flow outwards leaving everything that his not water on his coat when he return to normal, gravel, sand or plants aren't a problem at all. But being made of water doesn't make him invulnerable. He will become sick when his water is polluted too much.
Also, Majem still feels pain when he's turned to water. He can flow under a door in water form, but only because he wants to. If you'd hit him, he'll be in pain. Though he'll have no cuts or bruises when he turns back.

Edit: Edited, he'll be sure to visit his parents again :p

Night Pony

Quote from: Chirp on 2012 Oct 13, 17:53:22

After returning from Zeth I bet.  lol

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Chirp

Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Oct 13, 18:05:12
Quote from: Chirp on 2012 Oct 13, 17:53:22

After returning from Zeth I bet.  lol

Well, yeah, when he's bored of the water.

Besides, I only made this character to join that RP. I got all the names by looking at synonyms for each element  X3

GalvinRoe

Hello there Chirp, I rather liked the concept of your charcter, when I was reading about him for TPC signups. So I wanted to leave a little critique along with some praise.

All in all, I rather like your character and his backstory. Well, let's get down to it, shall we!?

Physique: I absolutely adore your character's physique. Right away you give him a kind of major flaw, something that isn't done enough, I dare say :I. I hope you'll use his low stamina at somepoint during TPC. It is just excellent when a limiting factor comes into play and the 'solution' has to change, thanks to unforseen complications. On the other hand don't play it too much . . . but I'd rather see him struggling along then hoping over building tops with no ease at all lol

Either way, I love how you start your character and I hope you use this trait to your full advantage.

Talent: I find his liquefing spell, interesting. At first I was worried you were going to ruin your character but you do handle this ability rather delicately. The only thing I'd complain about is 'how' he learned the spell. He was a quick witted foal but did he come upon an apiphany and create this spell  o.O?  If not then he must of found it somewhere and I'm sure it's one of those 'difficult' spells that just take all the energy out of you  >.<.

Then I was wondering how he would return to full 'solid' form after he liquified his body, Is the spell temporary? Limited by energy? Since he is in essence a sentient 'body' of water, how are his restraints contained or, if he enters a large body of water does he 'become' the entire body of water in a way? If he can only control the individual particles, that were once his body and are now water, they seem easily able to affect other bodies of water, especially if Majem can remove pollution.

None of these things are problems, just a little curiosity on my part, since this seems his 'major ability' I would just like a little more information here  :3! I'm also interested in how Majem feels during these liquifications, since it seems a strange process, are his mind's limits 'expanded' or 'limited' and how does that affect him as a pony?

Coat Colour: Lovely :3

Hair Colour: At first I didn't take much notice of this, but as I thought about it . . . I really rather like it. In a world with magic, cosmetic and apparel magic doesn't seem to be used enough. And it seems a magic that could be easily applied if the person chose. I just wonder how much of a strain it is on Majem and if it ever limits him in certain ways :I.

Eye Colour: A very blue pony :3.

Occupation: It seems Majem has found his nitch in the world, as a water tester he can be extremly helpfull.

Personality: Ahh, contradiction, the essence of pony-life. I like this statement: "Majem loves to talk to other ponies, though he can be the quiet type. He is usually calm and rather laid-back. Despite this, Majem loves going on adventures and will become somewhat of a daredevil when adventuring." But I wish you would explain it a little more. Does Majem actively seek out friendship or does he sit back and wait for others to talk to him? I'd also like to know more about his likes and dislikes, if you want to put it up.

Magical Endurance: Majem seems extremly specialized in water spells, which will be rather interesting. And then you have this 'magical endurance' which makes up for his slightly less then mediocre physique. All in all I'd say a nice balance of flaws and abilities.

Background Story: Now, I really do like your backstory. It's a wonderfull tale and I love his parents. Plus his attitude seems to grow out of his backstory, which is how it 'should' be but, alot of the time, isn't :c.

Summary: I really don't see any blaring flaws, and really the only thing I want from you is 'more-information'. A sign that you've got a great character here. If you can get around to it, sometime. I'd like to hear more about HOW your pony developed into the stallion he is today, more backstory, tales from his time beyond home :3.

Chirp

Quote from: GalvinRoe on 2012 Nov 09, 15:30:08
Hello there Chirp, I rather liked the concept of your charcter, when I was reading about him for TPC signups. So I wanted to leave a little critique along with some praise.

All in all, I rather like your character and his backstory. Well, let's get down to it, shall we!?

Physique: I absolutely adore your character's physique. Right away you give him a kind of major flaw, something that isn't done enough, I dare say :I. I hope you'll use his low stamina at somepoint during TPC. It is just excellent when a limiting factor comes into play and the 'solution' has to change, thanks to unforseen complications. On the other hand don't play it too much . . . but I'd rather see him struggling along then hoping over building tops with no ease at all lol
Don't worry! I know my own limits very well, so I know what Majem should be capable of. You'll see him collapsing once or twice if there's a lot of running involved.

Either way, I love how you start your character and I hope you use this trait to your full advantage.
I most definitely will! A unicorn is supposed to be the physically weakest race, after all. Or am I mistaken here?

Talent: I find his liquefing spell, interesting. At first I was worried you were going to ruin your character but you do handle this ability rather delicately. The only thing I'd complain about is 'how' he learned the spell. He was a quick witted foal but did he come upon an apiphany and create this spell  o.O?  If not then he must of found it somewhere and I'm sure it's one of those 'difficult' spells that just take all the energy out of you  >.<.
To be honest, I don't really know. All I know is that I wanted that spell so badly I'd give up his ability to magically levitate things for it. But yes, it IS a spell that will drain his energy if he isn't careful.

Then I was wondering how he would return to full 'solid' form after he liquified his body, Is the spell temporary? Limited by energy? Since he is in essence a sentient 'body' of water, how are his restraints contained or, if he enters a large body of water does he 'become' the entire body of water in a way? If he can only control the individual particles, that were once his body and are now water, they seem easily able to affect other bodies of water, especially if Majem can remove pollution.
It's not a spell you cast which will last a certain amount of time. Staying in water form will suck energy out of Majem's body, when he's drained, he'll return to normal. How he returns to normal if he's drained? Simple. When he turns, 'his' water is infused with magic. His water and an actual body of water are not quite the same. The removal of pollution comes from an outward current inside his body.

None of these things are problems, just a little curiosity on my part, since this seems his 'major ability' I would just like a little more information here  :3! I'm also interested in how Majem feels during these liquifications, since it seems a strange process, are his mind's limits 'expanded' or 'limited' and how does that affect him as a pony?
All of his organs function like they normally should. They're just... being deformed, but unharmed in any way. I'd say his mind is unaffected by the process, though his abilities are different.

Coat Colour: Lovely :3
Thank you! This is just the way I always imagined him, and I love it! Too bad I can't draw, though.  :3

Hair Colour: At first I didn't take much notice of this, but as I thought about it . . . I really rather like it. In a world with magic, cosmetic and apparel magic doesn't seem to be used enough. And it seems a magic that could be easily applied if the person chose. I just wonder how much of a strain it is on Majem and if it ever limits him in certain ways :I.
I really rather like it, too. And, no. Keeping his hair in water form is not a strain on him. He recovers faster than the hair uses up magic energy, mainly because they do not have a definite shape. Yes, giving himself a shape uses up magic as well.

Eye Colour: A very blue pony :3.
I would've written "deep eyes that, when stared into, will remind you of the ocean. But that was a little creepy and hypnotic, to be honest. But honestly, how could it not be blue?  X3

Occupation: It seems Majem has found his nitch in the world, as a water tester he can be extremly helpfull.
I know! I loved writing his day (which I'll post in Magus' 'A day in the life of your pony' in a bit). I think his job just makes him a bit more 'real'. I'm not sure, but I think a lot of people forget to tell us the occupation of their pony (That or they're unemployed).

Personality: Ahh, contradiction, the essence of pony-life. I like this statement: "Majem loves to talk to other ponies, though he can be the quiet type. He is usually calm and rather laid-back. Despite this, Majem loves going on adventures and will become somewhat of a daredevil when adventuring." But I wish you would explain it a little more. Does Majem actively seek out friendship or does he sit back and wait for others to talk to him? I'd also like to know more about his likes and dislikes, if you want to put it up.
Thought I updated this bit today, guess I didn't. Ah well. You see, he was born in Pony Cosmology and ended up having my own personality.
He probably won't be the one starting a conversation, but he'll be sure to keep it going. He won't actively search for adventures, but when he comes across something, he will throw himself into it.
About the likes and dislikes, just look at it again, I'll have it updated once I posted this.

Magical Endurance: Majem seems extremly specialized in water spells, which will be rather interesting. And then you have this 'magical endurance' which makes up for his slightly less then mediocre physique. All in all I'd say a nice balance of flaws and abilities.
Yes, please don't ask him to light a fire  lol

Background Story: Now, I really do like your backstory. It's a wonderfull tale and I love his parents. Plus his attitude seems to grow out of his backstory, which is how it 'should' be but, alot of the time, isn't :c.
It does? I mean.. Of course! Heh, heh... ... . Glad you liked the little story I sucked out of my thumb!  :D

Summary: I really don't see any blaring flaws, and really the only thing I want from you is 'more-information'. A sign that you've got a great character here. If you can get around to it, sometime. I'd like to hear more about HOW your pony developed into the stallion he is today, more backstory, tales from his time beyond home :3.

MORE?!  DD:

GoldenTerrabyte

Wow, she's rally cool! She'd get along with Wave really well!
I'm back

Ramisha

GoldenTerrabyte

Oops, meant he.
I'm back

Go Up