BronyCon

Started by Soft Fang, 2012 Jul 01, 18:45:21

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Soft Fang

well, i didn't go, for obvious reasons.  DD: But for those of you that did go, how was it? Share with us your stories about what you saw and did there.

Sonic Heart

You know there was and right now is the ending ceremonies being livestreamed right?  O: been watching it since yesterday.
BronyPalooza was AWESOME.

Crystal Chaos

I want to go, but I'm afraid...  >.<

ChilledEagle

I wish I could have went, but sadly my parents would think I'm weird and it's in a completely different state. I didn't even get to see the live stream
:(

Sonic Heart

well, at least some of you guys are from the same country!  :D you can try your luck next year with your parents or something i guess.
I would have to take a plane, and STILL, at least until next year to ask my parents for permission and for someone to come with me.

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Jul 01, 19:31:23
I wish I could have went, but sadly my parents would think I'm weird and it's in a completely different state. I didn't even get to see the live stream
:(

Yes. That is why I'm afraid.

Devmoder011

I was seeing the LiveStream, apparently Lauren's Panel had a small fire hazard (Discord is Behind this :o)
More Info: http://www.mlponies.com/2012/07/01/fire-disrupts-bronycon/
Everything was awesome!
[move=6]Just keep on trotting![/move]

Sea Foam

I went to Bronycon! Just got back, in fact.

I have some substandard low quality pictures, a decent amount of pony loot, (perhaps I shall put pictures here later) and exciting stories of how I survived the great fire of Bronycon 2012. [glow=red,2,300]GO GROUP 4![/glow]

For my first convention experience I had a fantastic time. There's an amazing feeling you get when you're surrounded by a massive group whom you know share one common interest with you.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Sonic Heart

Really Foam?  O: how was the BronyPalooza? thats the part i could caught yesterday, started watching the livestream since then on  :3
How was it? and specially how was BronyPalooza?  :D

Sea Foam

Quote from: Sonic Heart on 2012 Jul 01, 19:46:52
Really Foam?  O: how was the BronyPalooza? thats the part i could caught yesterday, started watching the livestream since then on  :3
How was it? and specially how was BronyPalooza?  :D

Sadly I missed BronyPalooza because I had to catch a train, I left in the middle of the auction because everything was going over $100 but I heard I missed quite a bit.

Overall the con was great, my friend and I had an amazing time. Basically there were the panels, vendors, and rooms for gaming and roleplay. The panels were great, it was such a privilege to see so many writers and voice actors including Lauren Faust, John de Lancie, Tara Strong, Nicole Oliver, (I love her humor) Lee Tockar, (Just hilarious altogether) Peter New, Cathy Weseluck, Andrea Libman, Megan McCarthy, and Amy Keating Rogers. They all deserve mention so I listed them all, I hope. :I

The vendors were great as well, seeing the artists and a creative array of pony related goods. Though it was very crowded, so I didn't get to most of the good stuff like the We Love Fine booth, (I did get there near the end of day one) Will draw for food, and a booth that sold pony cards.
My first thought when looking through the vendors was: plushy plushy plushy, but sadly I did not get a plushy. >.<  The good ones were gone within an hour, and I take a LONG time to decide if i want to buy something.

During the panel in which the writers were talking, one of the lighting fixtures caught fire, raining embers upon the sound equipment below, which had a small fire as well. So we were all evacuated outside, where we sang pony songs.  x3
They separated us into groups when we were allowed back in, as to get everypony in orderly, and group 4, my group, reigned superiority over all other groups with our crowds of song and overall awesomeness. Group 4 is best group.

Overall it was amazing, I was able to meet some great people in the con and even one at the train station. It was such a great and happy atmosphere and I really hope I can go again next time.

I shall put up pictures when I can.

Book Smarts

Wasn't able to go, maybe the Bronycon in winter  ono

Sonic Heart

Wow, that sounds so awesome Foam  :D hope to be able to get to at least one Con someday  :c it will be hard. International travels and stuff  :l
Too bad you missed BronyPalooza, saw it on the livestream and it looked and sounded so AWESOME, but seeing it and hearing it from a livestream is way different than being there to see the musicians and maybe (as i saw on the livestream) grab their hands, talk to them, and hearing them perform live  <3 also i would have loved to surf mic out of the stage.  lol

Sea Foam

If you ever get the chance to go it's defiantly worth it. Sure you can watch it on a live stream, but the experience of actually being there is so much more immersive and it's just an incredible time.

But I wish I could've been there to see Mic stage dive. lol
Hopefully I'll be able to drive by the next con so I wont need to rely on trains and taxis.

Imgur also seems to not want to work, so I can't put up pictures yet. I don't know how long I'll be staying awake; as you imagine, I haven't properly slept in two days, so I'm bushed. I might just make a new thread for all the pictures tomorrow, or I'll put them here. But aside from the pictures of my purchases, the rest are terrible quality. x3
Regardless I still have a picture of John de Lancie posing with a Brony shirt on, so that's worth something.  lol

Sonic Heart

i know it should be totally worth the trip! I can imagine how tired you are  lol get some rest then and worry about the pictures tomorrow!  :D

lurk852

That sounds awesome.  :') You'd better get those pictures up soon.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Book Smarts

Looks like a light decided to catch on fire, did anypony see that?  o_o

ChilledEagle

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 01, 22:32:40

Looks like Bronycon...was on fire. I guess you could say things really lit up this year. I guess they couldn't take the heat. (Teehee)

Book Smarts

Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Jul 01, 22:47:01

Looks like Bronycon...was on fire. I guess you could say things really lit up this year. I guess they couldn't take the heat. (Teehee)

Sea Foam

Quote from: ChilledEagle on 2012 Jul 01, 22:47:01

Standing outside waiting for the fire department, puns like that were all I heard. Also Group 4 is best group.

Oh the faces on the show writer's faces when they saw the falling embers.  lol
I wasn't under it, but I was sitting close enough to where I slightly panicked.

Skardan

Mmmh... Bronycon...

The Bronycon is the reason why I'm afraid of looking on EqD because I forgot it since last friday... many MANY posts I have to watch now...
My DeviantArt

Inactivity! Woo!

[move=12]

Go Up