Hello everypony,
  Today I saw two videos that I felt I must share with others. <3
1)Dealing with Haters & Trollz

2)Ballad of the Brony
     (Documentary)

Hope they help you and enjoy them!! ^-^
[move=6]Just keep on trotting![/move]

Chishio Kunrin

I love the first one. <3 I'll watch the documentary when I have an hour, if I remember.

And it's true, humans love to fight. Humans also love to watch a fight. I learned that in high school. Even when the principal threatened to suspend anyone who watched a fight, people still gathered 'round to cheer and watch, making it hard for cops and assistant principals to get to the fight and break it up. Some of us love violence more than others, but that's most often the result of a hard life. After all, some people are actually driven insane just from suffering, whether it's from abuse or bullying. But that's a bit off-topic. Just a bit.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

HerpyDooves

Most people, like myself, see fighting as very useless. Sometimes, I like to consider myself a pacifist, just for the fact that I've never, ever seen a fight where there was a happy ending. If you're telling a hater something non-aggressive and he's still hating, let it slide, because at least you tried doing the right thing. If you think making peace with someone and failing is just hopeless, don't, because I can't begin to tell you how many times I've seen or heard a hater hating one day, and then a major brony the next.
Just remember: Haters gonna hate, ponies gonna pwn.

Explolguy

If people don't leave you alone, you break their kneecaps with a baseball bat. Plain and simple.

Sea Foam

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jun 26, 17:55:09
Most people, like myself, see fighting as very useless. Sometimes, I like to consider myself a pacifist, just for the fact that I've never, ever seen a fight where there was a happy ending. If you're telling a hater something non-aggressive and he's still hating, let it slide, because at least you tried doing the right thing. If you think making peace with someone and failing is just hopeless, don't, because I can't begin to tell you how many times I've seen or heard a hater hating one day, and then a major brony the next.
Just remember: Haters gonna hate, ponies gonna pwn.

Never in my life, nor in history, have I seen or heard of any two people or sides fighting each other. bring a positive outcome for even one of the two sides.

I can't see fighting as anything but immature as it brings nothing but pain and loss, and the gain never seems to fully justify the fight itself. As this video proves, there are much better ways to handle an assailant then to stoop the their level.

Never, out of all the times I've been threatened on the internet or in life, have I ever thought to resolve to fighting. I make every attempt to resolve an issue with reasoning and compassion; sadly this hardly ever works. The sad reality is: the human race is an idiot, and idiot to such an extreme that it is almost impossible for me to think that one individual can be blamed for their action.

Thankfully, we seem to be growing. Maybe around the time of WWII we were babies, just learning that it's not the best feeling when we soil ourselves, and now we're drooling, sniveling pre-schoolers crying over someone who took a toy away. Slow progress, but we are improving.

I hope for the day when we can watch a war movie, or read about a battle in a history book and laugh, saying: "Were they really killing each other over that?"
I know the internet it's much less severe, but I just wanted to get the: fighting is childish and there are better ways to handle our petty differences, point across. History has proved that fighting does not work, and at the end of every war, two sides STILL have to come together and talk it out, so why cant it just start with the compromise and spare a few million lives?

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Blues-Music

I tried the nice thing with 3 haters.
Guess who doesn't insult the brony fandom anymore?

Book Smarts

Hate=Despair
Fighting=Agony

If you see a troll, don't reply, if you see somebody make fun of mlp, let them be, anything more and it will cause a domino effect

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jun 26, 17:55:09
I've never, ever seen a fight where there was a happy ending.

And things can escalate pretty easily, even when they're started over something small. Like, this guy, Duncan, on a Minecraft Tekkit server, was making videos to show people how to use Tekkit. His friend Sjin used pipes to start stealing iron from a chest in Duncan's house, so Duncan stole Sjin's diamonds and set Sjin's house on fire.

After a bit more back-and-forth of revenge, it all ended in a giant aerial showdown that resulted in people's properties set on fire, a neighbor's house being blown up, Duncan setting off two nukes at Sjin's house, and Sjin sabotaging Duncan's nuclear reactor to blow up his house.
:\ Not only did both of them die, but they accidentally brought their neighbors into it and accidentally killed two of their neighbors.

If neither person knows when to stop, swallow their pride, and resolve it some other way, both people will keep fighting until things get much worse. A lot of wars are won by beating the enemies into submission, and even then, you yourself have lost/sacrificed a lot just to get to that point.

WW1 was started because of the assassination of Franz Ferdinand. WW2 was started because of the treaty that ended WW1.

Book Smarts

There was also that whole issue with yogscast and notch right after minecon

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 26, 22:28:57

This too. People still argue about that, even though both parties calmed down about it.

Devmoder011

2012 Jun 27, 09:13:20 #10 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 27, 19:17:44 by McSleuthburger
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 26, 23:00:19

This too. People still argue about that, even though both parties calmed down about it.

Yes they still do, well you know that everywhere in the world there are groups that are bad and other that no matter how nice and generous they are they are hated for no reason by those bad groups.

Ozzy

As a Non-Brony all I can say is: The best to solve a problem is to make it go away. Don't bother with them, don't even respond, the common phrase 'Haters gonna hate' is still relevant in my book.

Rainy-Chan

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Devmoder011 on 2012 Jun 27, 09:13:20
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 26, 23:00:19

Yes they still do, well you know that everywhere in the world there are groups that are bad and other that no matter how nice and generous they are they are hated for no reason by those bad groups.

Sometimes, when fights like that happen, no matter who's fighting, you end up with both sides being guilty of something. Therefore, both sides have been bad and they're kind of even.
Like in the Notch vs Yogscast fight. If Simon did indeed act like a jerk, well... He kind of is a jerk, even to his own friends, but he doesn't really mean it. Fans know that. It's also rumored he and Lewis were in a bad mood because Notch wouldn't help them with the expenses of flying from England to Nevada. Notch's real fault in the fight was throwing an unprofessional fit about it on Twitter.
(At least, this is all my understanding of what happened)

Now, with bronies vs nonbronies, the same kind of thing can happen. A lot of the time, the nonbrony attacks, and the brony might attack back, creating a vicious fight. Sometimes, a brony might attack a nonbrony, with the same results. In either case, both people were being horrible and mean to each other in the fight.

Such fights tend to lead to the two groups disliking each other even more. When a brony acts toward a nonbrony with a terrible attitude, it reinforces nonbronies seeing bronies in a bad light, and vice versa.

Lary

2012 Jun 27, 15:24:19 #14 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 27, 15:26:19 by Lary
They have every right to hate. The vocal parts of this fandom are the lowest of the low. They make the good people look bad. It happens with every fandom, and this one is no exception.

Also, most documentaries you'll see online are biased. They don't explore the dark depths of the fandom (looking at YOU, massive amounts of explicit images).
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Devmoder011

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 27, 15:24:19
They have every right to hate. The vocal parts of this fandom are the lowest of the low. They make the good people look bad. It happens with every fandom, and this one is no exception.

Also, most documentaries you'll see online are biased. They don't explore the dark depths of the fandom (looking at YOU, massive amounts of explicit images).
That's why the guy is going to make another documentary from bronies to the world & there is another one coming around the same time that is from the world to bronies.
Interesting enough for me to watch both.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 27, 15:24:19

It's like being the religion I am without mentioning its name. :x Most of the people you see from it are the bigots who use its book as an excuse to hate people. You don't always see those of us who're reasonable and tolerant of everyone.

I try to keep hush hush about the bad part of the brony community, but the fact is, people will find out about it anyway. It's best to let people know that every single fandom in existence has that same exact type of part of it. It's not a brony thing, it's a fandom/Internet thing. You kinda learn that when you hang around fandoms, especially anime fandoms. It's not that anime fandoms are more into that stuff, it's just that there are a lot more people within anime fandoms who participate in shipping pairings, and you can ship without getting into the dirty stuff.

Say, most Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans just watch the show, buy the DVDs, and maybe even buy merch and talk about their favorite characters, but there are Buffy fans who go into pairing shipping. The pairing shipping and dirty parts of that fandom might be lower down in the darkness and mostly found on the Internet. Meanwhile, the brony community is mostly on the Internet, but still, most bronies just watch the show, discuss it and their favorite characters, and maybe make and buy merch.

Devmoder011

Everypony, people hate for no reason but some hate for a tiny one. In every group their is always that person that is messed up(Not pointing) and socializes with other the bad way making them hate him and thinking his group will be the same making them hate the group to. Once they hate the group they would not change their mind and get others to dislike them. Over selfishness or revenge, whatever it is they pass over lies and get others in through those lies, and the joining members start doing the same. Basically the group becomes a lie that the members agree on, but those who are smart(Hopefully you are) find out that the group is a lie and stay neutral or-Rare: see the other group and maybe join it to help them spread truth and wipe the lies out.

HerpyDooves

If you're trying to explain to someone about MLP, there's just some people who you just can't explain to, it may frustrate you, but you should really feel bad for them, they're the ones missing out. I mean, a lot of people who watch MLP have very deep feelings and thoughts and know it, that's why it's hard to explain to a lot of people. 

hyper drive [HD]

i like it but i dont think it should be on this site it goes against some rules of the forum well alot. but it does make a point ^-^

Go Up