Forced Listening Thread

Started by Explolguy, 2012 Jun 09, 14:46:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

QB57.117cal

The song did seem slow and lazy, or its because  I'm listing to heavier stuff. I thought it was ok, but I don't listen to this style of rock often.

Lucien

Errr, that was a little intense. What language was that? German?

Spoiler: show
Starting anew. I am a musician. My past here means nothing.

Legulus

It was a happy tune; one you may hear upon achieving something in a video game like Kingdom Hearts. Overall, a well-done piece.

8/10

White Light by The Ghost Inside

I ask that you really look into the lyrics; they're beautiful.
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

Doomguy

What a surprisingly good track! The more melodic metalcore blended well with the depressing lyrics, usually metal is about agression but this track shows that metal doesn't have to be about anger and killing stuff.

This song, however, has a more punk attitude to the metalcore sound.

Little Judas

First of all, probably wasn't the most important aspect, but one of them had a Telecaster, you don't see that a lot in heavy music.

Now the music, still not a fan of the vocals, tried to eliminate that aspect of the song.
Focused more on the instruments, the guitar was at moments more melodic and harmonized than, sorry, excpected.
Those breaks, or so I think it's called, were unnecessary. Then again, I'm more of a solo-loving guy.
The rest seemed what I expected. the song did not convinced me.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know it's a long one and the rules say you don't have to listen to all of it, therefore I recommend you listen to everything.

Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Legulus

I listened to most of the song; just skipped a few seconds here and there to trim the length.

A song being 26 minutes long is both a gift and a curse, in that, it displays talent, but may not be too enjoyable for others.
I listen to Pink Floyd myself, but even then, I found the vocals out of place in this song. It could've worked as an instrumental.
I find some of the transitions to be lacking. However, the parts that were transitioned into were brilliant; meaning, all of the song's riffs and such were great.

6.5/10, mainly because of the length. That's just me though.

Lucid Dream by EastNewSound
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)

videogamehunter

The music is alright but it sound like too much some of anime music I listen too.

Legulus

It was bittersweet. Rather simple, but sometimes simplicity is what makes a song  :3

8/10

Blur by Zebrahead (Warning for 1 swear word)

Ironfire

Cool!.
Never heard of them before, but I like them. They really have a 90's punk feel, brings me right back to the days of eve6 and blink182. lol

Here is one of my current favorites,
Choose Me II - Xilent

Audio guy, self taught musician, mlp fan.
For tunes, check out my soundcloud!
www.soundcloud.com/ironfire

Little Judas

I want to say positive things but I can't.
It's just not my kind of music.

Dream Theater - Under A Glass Moon

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words

videogamehunter

I really couldn't get into it. No matter how hard I try.

Little Judas

I was quite impressed, it is a band I must look into after writing this.
Starting out with an iconic doubleneck raised my expectations very high and still they managed to pass.
The voice also reminded me of Skindred, the way of singing I mean.

Only 2 negative points: Those Pinch Harmonics in the riffs where a bit random and served no purpose.
Second, the speakers from my laptop are bad so I couldn't experience the whole thing.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Blind Guardian - Harvest of Sorrow

LutariFan

2012 Sep 09, 07:50:10 #72 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 09, 13:02:57 by LutariFan
The acoustic guitar was amazing! The chorus was really touching too.

Two Steps From Hell - Dragon Rider
Avatar by Night Pony! Big thanks to him! :D

Legulus

If the whole point of that song was to be epic, then, that was pretty epic! Not something I'd listen to for no reason, but maybe to enhance the epicness of my day.

7/10

Terrible Things by Mayday Parade (As the vid says, skip to 0:35)

Little Judas

I'll have you know, I listened to this song.
And I only cried for 20 minutes

But no, I liked it, it also has a weird vocal structure.

Now that we are in a melancholic mood...

Anathema - Angelica

Legulus

A very nice power ballad! I loved it, honestly. It's going on my phone. That outro, especially <3

10/10

Don't Say Goodbye by Trust Company

APonyFarce

It's alright. Not crazy about it, but it's perfectly listenable.

Out of all the alt-rock songs sung at a girl I've ever heard, it's definitely one of them.

Kid Gloves- Doomtree
Writing this game gives me an excuse to advertise: FIMFiction/DeviantArt

jodahxii

@ APonyFarce: I don't mind the song.

videogamehunter

Sorry I really Can't get into it.

Little Judas

It was a nice riff, something Ozric Tentacles would have used if their music was harder.
But it was really repetitive and that bugged me.

Are you
Spoiler: under 18 • show

Spoiler: over 18 • show

I will check your age and report to the mods if you lied... go ahead pick.

Go Up