Teh Minecraftness thread

Started by KoalaLover99, 2012 Jun 04, 10:15:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

So, Trege, you and I have decided that we'll work together for a LP series I can do where we try to learn how to use redstone when I'm ready to start doing LPs.

Guess whaaat. :3 I posted on Facebook about it, and one of my bestest buddies told me he knows stuff about redstone and has a mic, and when we're ready to do the series, we should invite him to whatever server we decide to do it on.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2012 Nov 19, 21:02:20 #381 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 19, 21:05:23 by Trege
Okay, it sounds fun I may try experimenting with cannons unless you have some experiments you want to try then I'm game for those as well.   ^-^

Book Smarts

I've been derping around with a mod that gives me explosives in minecraft, it's explotastic  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 19, 21:02:20
Okay, it sounds fun I may try experimenting with cannons unless you have some experiments you want to try then I'm game for those as well.   ^-^

Since I only know the very very itty bitty basics, I wanna figure out more of the basics at first. I don't even really know how to build a secret door kind of thing. :P And that seems like a simple basic redstone piston thing.

Rissian

2012 Nov 19, 21:06:18 #384 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 19, 21:14:51 by Trege
I could probably figure it out, it seems pretty easy when I think of it in my head.

If we can't find a server that allowed redstone experiments my network is capable of hosting a 5 player server I have Linux on my old desktop for hosting random MC servers. Me and Zaner played some adventure maps on it.

(By Christmas I'll have a USB headset which will be awesome compared to the stand up mic.  :D )

Chishio Kunrin

Sweet. I think superflat worlds run more easily than normal worlds, and a superflat world would be more convenient anyway, since we wouldn't have pesky trees, ponds, hills, etc in the way.

Rissian

It would also be easier for the CPU to generate the world since it won't have much land planning to do at all.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 20, 10:24:20 #387 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 20, 10:36:41 by Chishio Kunrin
Tell me some easy ways to break reinforced glass in Tekkit. I know you can use a mining drill or mining laser, but I need to know any Equivalent Exchange options for breaking reinforced glass. I kind of wonder if using a destruction catalyst would work. Would it? No? Then, what would?

Judging from the info on reinforced stone, I'm guessing a destruction catalyst definitely wouldn't work. I figured as much. A red matter pickaxe can get through reinforced glass fairly easily, right? Trying to make sure.

Xeno Aura

I imagine a DM/RM Pick Axe could get through reinforced glass easily. I've never used the stuff myself.

Rissian

2012 Nov 20, 10:44:50 #389 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 20, 10:46:41 by Trege
I looked around on the Wiki and it just says a mining drill, on the tools section so I'm not sure if red matter can break it or not I haven't even gotten close to getting any matter items yet, if you want to look up some stuff heres the link.

http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Reinforced_Glass

It also says a diamond pickaxe can break reinforced stone, and reinforced glass has the same blast resistance so it might work maybe.

Xeno Aura

RM stuff can break any ore in 1 hit, so guessing it can destroy anything.

Rissian

2012 Nov 20, 11:00:15 #391 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 20, 11:08:05 by Trege
Well a mining drill can break reinforced glass and a Dark Matter pickaxe is stronger than a mining drill so it's probably safe to say like Xeno said that a red matter pickaxe can probably mine anything in existence except bedrock unless that can be mined in tekkit although that would be crazy unsafe if it could be.  :I This is all judging from wiki info though.

(I want to play tekkit some more but I can't think of anything to do yet except work on higher level gear.  DD: )

Xeno Aura

Yeah, I wanted to go on the LoE tekkit server, but for some reason, I just fancy playing on a small private server, instead of a busy public one lol.

Chishio Kunrin

Thanks, guys. I have been reading in the Tekkit Wikia. I just wanted to make sure I was right, since I'm trying not to have plot holes in this fanfic. Everything needs to operate by Minecraft and Tekkit logic.

By the way, Trege, I dunno if you'll ever get to make dark matter or red matter stuff if you don't hurry. EE3 is apparently gonna be a pretty big overhaul to pull the mod away from technical-type stuff and more into actual magic and alchemy-like stuff.
Red matter
Dark matter
Condensers
Energy collectors
Destruction catalyst
^All of that, and probably more, gone.

It's a shame. I haven't even gotten to play Tekkit yet, and I was wanting to use that kinda stuff. I hope the mod's creator knows what he's doing and makes the new stuff awesome.

Rissian

If they are going to remove it I may not try and get it then. o_o I'll still have gem tools which I love using because it's cool having red green and blue tools despite them not being as strong. I'm not even sure what I want to build yet probably just a modern looking house since I like messing with the electricity and computers in Tekkit. X3  I still need to study the computer craft mod scripting one of these days as well as I never managed to get around to studying it after Tekner made an example for me.

Chishio Kunrin

Here we have it: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1540010-equivalent-exchange-3-pre1a/
The thread about EE3.

"What features are in EE3? Is item X/Y/Z still around from EE2?
I haven't compiled a final list of what is in EE3 yet for the public, but here is the short list of what is in/out;
Red Matter has been removed
Collectors have been removed
Condensers have been removed
The Destruction Catalyst/Hyperkinetic Lens have been removed
The EMC system will remain, but it will be changed to accomodate new and more interesting mechanics
There will be a method to move EMC around in "wires"
More configuration options will be available to both players and server admins
EE3 will feature an API, which is not complete at this time
A transmutation system similiar to the Transmutation Tablet will exist, but is not ready to be disclosed at this time"

Xeno Aura

Mmmmm could be a move for the better.

I pretty much finished with EE, had full DM armour, and RM tools in the LoE tekkit server, I for one, would welcome the change.

For those who never used EE much, it could be a bit of a bummer, especially if the new stuff isn't as good.

I'm sure he knows what he's doing though, they aren't just going to completely nerf their own mod, must have some good things in store.

Chishio Kunrin

A mining laser can be used to break machines, right? Including a tesla coil?

Rissian

2012 Nov 21, 23:08:11 #398 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 21, 23:10:21 by Trege
I'm not sure but I know in tekkit it said breaking machines without a wrench will usually only give you back the machine block used to make it not the machine itself, and the mining laser has a chance of destroying the entire block with no item drop although that chance isn't too large.

I'm pretty sure it can mine it but you only get the machine block not the machine itself.

It's blast resistance says ? though so I'm not sure about the tesla coil. o_o

Chishio Kunrin

Mkay, well let's hope it does break tesla coils. Don't want plot holes. ovO Pew pew!

Go Up