Teh Minecraftness thread

Started by KoalaLover99, 2012 Jun 04, 10:15:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xeno Aura

Yes, using a Pick Axe on items that were crafted with a machine block, usually yields a machine block back. Those that used a generator, will return a generator.

Wrench has about an 80% chance to return the actual item back.

Electric Wrench has a 100% chance to return the actual item back, if you're in loseless mode.

I also do not know about Tesla Coils, I have never used them, or seen anyone use them.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 23, 20:51:48 #401 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 23, 23:42:26 by Chishio Kunrin
It seems that once again, I have gotten top comment (or at least highly thumbed up) on a Youtube video without trying. ovO

Someone commented on an episode of Sips and Sjin's Tekkit series that they should use teleporters to get back and forth between their compound and secret base, but the secret base is really far from the compound. So, I was like
"That would take a ****TON of energy just to teleport one person from the compound to the secret base. The farther away the teleporters are from each other, the more energy it requires. Bad idea. Just build a secret tunnel rollercoaster ride, so Sips can go "WEEEE!""
50 thumbs up. lol

[Edit]: Almost 3 hours later, it's now 82 thumbs up. lol Funny how that happens, but it's probably not just from correcting someone about Tekkit. I get the feeling that the part about having Sips go "WEEEE!" riding a rollercoaster had something to do with it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Darkangel

Uhh... isn't this a Minecraft thread?

Anyways, thank god the condenser will be removed. That was the cheapest item ever. Especially with that coal ore thing, I forgot what it was called but it started with a t.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Rissian

2012 Nov 24, 03:43:51 #403 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 24, 03:48:53 by Trege
Sips and Sjin are part of Yogscast which play Minecraft and other games so it's still on topic since Yogscast has multiple Minecraft series for different members of the group.  ^-^

I wonder if Tekkit will ever catch up to the newest MC version eventually.

Xeno Aura

Quote"That would take a ****TON of energy just to teleport one person from the compound to the secret base. The farther away the teleporters are from each other, the more energy it requires. Bad idea. Just build a secret tunnel rollercoaster ride, so Sips can go "WEEEE!""

I saw that comment a few hours ago on the latest Sips/Sjin tekkit episode, didn't know it was you. :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Darkangel on 2012 Nov 24, 03:24:50
Uhh... isn't this a Minecraft thread?

Anyways, thank god the condenser will be removed. That was the cheapest item ever. Especially with that coal ore thing, I forgot what it was called but it started with a t.

Yes, and my comment was about Tekkit, which is a modpack for Minecraft SMP. :P
Some people don't seem to know that teleporters require more power the further apart they are, and they keep telling Sips and Sjin to make teleporters to travel between their compound and secret base on a Tekkit server. But the compound and secret base are really far away from each other.

Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Nov 24, 05:12:53
Quote"That would take a ****TON of energy just to teleport one person from the compound to the secret base. The farther away the teleporters are from each other, the more energy it requires. Bad idea. Just build a secret tunnel rollercoaster ride, so Sips can go "WEEEE!""

I saw that comment a few hours ago on the latest Sips/Sjin tekkit episode, didn't know it was you. :P

ovO

Rissian

2012 Nov 25, 09:21:42 #406 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 25, 09:52:48 by Trege
Found a Volcano in the Tekkit server and was reminded of Sunshine of Israpony.  ovO

I'd be half tempted to make a Volcano lair but, I want to make a house in the snow biome. x3

Xeno Aura

lol, reminds me of Sunshine of Israpony too. :D

Book Smarts

My friends made a lan server and one them got lost so he decided to build to the highest point possible in a Minecraft world. He was so high up that even his gaming pc was experiencing a fps drop. He fell off from that height and went falling, but due to the lag, another one my friends was able to find him in mid fall. Took the game 5 more minutes to register that he fell to his death so he was just stuck hovering off the ground until, SMACK! dead  lol

Xeno Aura

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Nov 25, 11:37:58
My friends made a lan server and one them got lost so he decided to build to the highest point possible in a Minecraft world. He was so high up that even his gaming pc was experiencing a fps drop. He fell off from that height and went falling, but due to the lag, another one my friends was able to find him in mid fall. Took the game 5 more minutes to register that he fell to his death so he was just stuck hovering off the ground until, SMACK! dead  lol

Awwww, bet that was funny to watch. :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 25, 09:21:42
Found a Volcano in the Tekkit server and was reminded of Sunshine of Israpony.  ovO
Spoiler: show

I'd be half tempted to make a Volcano lair but, I want to make a house in the snow biome. x3

"Uhh... It's erupting."
"Hannah? Hannah, what did you do?!"

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 25, 13:03:10

"Uhh... It's erupting."

At first I thought she put a lava block on it since she was in creative mode during that video then I found one in a Tekkit server itself.  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 25, 13:06:37
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 25, 13:03:10

"Uhh... It's erupting."

At first I thought she put a lava block on it since she was in creative mode during that video then I found one in a Tekkit server itself.  ovO

Yeah, me too, but I didn't know about Tekkit back then. :P Apparently, there really are volcanoes that tend to have some lava on top, and there's a machine that can pump the lava out. They have more lava inside.

Rissian

Yep, when I found that Volcano on the server it already had lava pouring out of it. The biomes are weird near it though there's a forest a snowy forest a jungle biome an ocean biome and desert biome next to each other.  :I and that one new cobblestone I can't remember what it's called it's the same material volcanoes are made out of they have an area like that as well.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 25, 13:20:36
Yep, when I found that Volcano on the server it already had lava pouring out of it. The biomes are weird near it though there's a forest a snowy forest a jungle biome an ocean biome and desert biome next to each other.  :I and that one new cobblestone I can't remember what it's called it's the same material volcanoes are made out of they have an area like that as well.

Basalt. :3 You can use it to make basalt brick, and it looks really good. I think it's also explosion resistant.

Hmmm, lots of different biomes surrounding a giant mountain/volcano... Reminds me of the first gen of Digimon.

Rissian

I haven't tried making bricks with it yet I don't know why it didn't occur to me to attempt that. Probably because I usually look for specific materials when I want to make a house.

The Silent Wolf

I actually have a theory about all the hostile mobs in minecraft besides the Endermen and Ender Dragon, any of you wish to hear it?
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Chishio Kunrin

Sure.

Y'know, Endermen were based on Slenderman. ovO

The Silent Wolf

Eeeyup they were  ovO
So we all know of Master Herobrine right? I believe that he is the cause of the zombie outbreaks and everything. At first he rose dead minecraftians to life, some of them were missing their skin, the skeletons, and some were rotting still, the zombies. The creepers though, were not manufactured yet. Steve and his friends knew of this and began making their homes stronger, hoping none of the creatures would come into their mines. The zombies and skelebros couldn't get into the homes, Herobrine knew of this and began building his own underground factories, he used TNT and the bones of his skeletons and the flesh of his zombies to create the creepers. He had music disks put inside them to help them function better, making it so that only a skeleton could make them drop the music disk. That's my theory  ovO
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Chishio Kunrin

I feel like I've read that somewhere. o_O

Go Up