Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chibalt

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 May 05, 14:48:56
Unless it's a situation where someone is using that event to insult someone or, worse, an entire people.

We all need to remember that, when it comes to history, 50 or 60 or 80 or even 100 years ago actually is not that long ago. It's long in the context of human age, but not in the context of history. There are still people alive today who were present at a historical event 50 or 60, maybe even 80 years ago, possibly even 100 years. Think of history in terms of generations.
If you're wondering if something is actually considered a super long time ago in history, ask the following:
1. Are there people alive today who were alive at the time?
2. Are the children - not grandchildren, but children - of the people who were alive at the time alive today?
Basically, "Was it a lifetime or a fraction of a lifetime ago?"

History is fascinating. :3
Oh, wait, this is the "Dumb things that annoy you" thread. Hmmm... It annoys me when someone destroys or defaces historical artifacts and/or structures. I know I've said this before (At least, I think I have), but man, it makes me really mad. It's such a sad mindset to have, where you go "Oh, it's just an old piece of junk" and ruin it. Excuse you, that is a time capsule that has survived for ages.

Know what's even worse? It's what I like to call "blaming the children for the sins of the parents", it is happening to this very day to a certain country that, while being pretty much the big bad in the biggest war yet, is almost completely devoid of the people that caused or even participated today, and if not by now then give it another 20 years and who the hay are you going to blame for atrocities? It's like saying the son of a career criminal automatically becomes a career criminal himself, it just makes absolutely no sense.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Sunshine Smash

2015 May 06, 08:09:57 #16061 Last Edit: 2015 May 06, 13:22:46 by Sunshine Smash
I lent my mother $40 to pay for my brother's tutor, as she didn't have any cash on her at the time. She owed me $45 in the past, so that's $85 I made myself which she took from me. Not to mention the $130 my brother stole, I don't care how harsh it sounds, stoke! And then he tries to avoid that by saying the money fell out, and it's my fault. Because yea, money can fall out of an enclosed area, and then open up a drawer. $130! That he tries to cover up! What a scumbag! Knowing her, I'm probably not getting it back. She always says she'll stop by a bank to get some money, but she never does. She went by a bank last night to get my brother from his driver's Ed class, but didn't stop.

It's not a money issue, if she didn't have money, she wouldn't stay at an African rug store waiting an hour and a half for a multi hundred dollar rug, WHICH WE STILL HAVEN'T TAKEN OUT OF THE SACK!

This isn't really towards anyone, more of an annoying program. I was assisting someone in engineering put the train on the track they constructed. From what I've seen, she made it the exact same way I did, and I finished as I was supposed to. But when she tries to put it together, the train won't stay on the tracks.

It's really weird. If it doesn't work tomorrow I'll just tell the teacher the program is bugged and we can't finish.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chishio Kunrin

So, I'm temporarily low on food for a while and have been forced to eat a pretty vegetarian diet. It's upsetting my stomach, and I crave meat. :c Any kind of meat at all, but mostly beef. *Whine*

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Pipkin

So I took the employee I was going to discipline aside today, to....discipline him.  Turns out what happened yesterday was completely unavoidable and him calling in was to tell us that he was stuck and couldnt get into work

I was told that he called in so he could be at a rugby game.  I should write up the manager that took that call.  I was so mad.

Elphyda

That moment when you get a call from a random number, asking for someone that isn't you.  That's not too irksome, unless they insist they have the right number.

"Hello, David? It's [person] from [company], calling about the car wreck at [location]. [...]"
"Um, sorry, you have the wrong number."
"No, in our records, we have you as [my number]."
"I've had this number for over five years.  You have the wrong number."

Nuserame

Quote from: AnthroYuu on 2015 May 07, 11:10:18
That moment when you get a call from a random number, asking for someone that isn't you.  That's not too irksome, unless they insist they have the right number.

"Hello, David? It's [person] from [company], calling about the car wreck at [location]. [...]"

I have... never had that. Think I would find it rather funny if I did though  lol
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chromastone64

Quote from: AnthroYuu on 2015 May 07, 11:10:18

I've never had that either. No, instead we have this old lady whose called our number by accident OVER 12 TIMES.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Greyscaleisme

RPers, who, despite their age, have little to no respect for grammar. I'm three quarters their age, and have had a pretty sucky education, and even I RP better then them...
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Nocturna

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 May 07, 15:32:29
RPers, who, despite their age, have little to no respect for grammar. I'm three quarters their age, and have had a pretty sucky education, and even I RP better then them...

I know that feeling. There was a roleplay I was a part of at one point, where they refused to acknowledge that something was OOC when I told them it multiple times. They acted as though my obvious OOC was my character speaking, even with no quotation marks.

In regards to grammar, that happens way too many times. I'm surprised more roleplay sections on both forums and games/programs don't have rules against people that refuse to use proper, or near proper, grammar within the roleplays.

Abother thing, unrelated to grammar in RPs, I get annoyed when people tend to try to throw everyone else under the bus because of their stupidity, their issues, their problems, in their own lives.

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Nocturna on 2015 May 07, 16:13:24
I know that feeling. There was a roleplay I was a part of at one point, where they refused to acknowledge that something was OOC when I told them it multiple times. They acted as though my obvious OOC was my character speaking, even with no quotation marks.

In regards to grammar, that happens way too many times. I'm surprised more roleplay sections on both forums and games/programs don't have rules against people that refuse to use proper, or near proper, grammar within the roleplays.

Abother thing, unrelated to grammar in RPs, I get annoyed when people tend to try to throw everyone else under the bus because of their stupidity, their issues, their problems, in their own lives.

*sigh* I just, in general, hate improper grammar in an RP. I RP to relax, to pretend that I am not where I am, but when someone RPs with horrible grammar, I'm reminded just how real of the world that I am in...

Nocturna

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 May 07, 16:17:52
*sigh* I just, in general, hate improper grammar in an RP. I RP to relax, to pretend that I am not where I am, but when someone RPs with horrible grammar, I'm reminded just how real of the world that I am in...

Amen my fellow. RPs relax those that can find the good, and really get into it. The best thing about them is the immersion, the feel that all your decisions matter in a world created and/or manipulated by the players.

Elphyda

I know that feeling very, very well.  I host my own RP forum, and I see it aaaaaalll the time.

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Nocturna on 2015 May 07, 16:20:50
Amen my fellow. RPs relax those that can find the good, and really get into it. The best thing about them is the immersion, the feel that all your decisions matter in a world created and/or manipulated by the players.

Yeah, in a stressful everyday life, pretending to be someone else, with a different, happier life, can be very helpful.

Chibalt

I have a somewhat similar iritation point myself, people that clearly don't put any effort in RPing, it isn't even that hard to just think of something simple to have them do, for example fidgeting a little during a conversation or some kind of odd habit, another thing is when people don't do any of these things, sure, with conversations in a fairly uneventfull manner it's reasonable enough, but when your character is for example speaking to multiple persons and isn't making enough of a distinction who they're speaking to, that can very quickly get confusing, and very annoying.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

GoldenTerrabyte

I know the feeling. Another thing that bugs me is hosting an RP, and having a good story planned, only to have others try to take control of the story because they don't know what the plan is, when they should be just following along with what the host is trying to do.
I'm back

Lync Volan

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 May 07, 16:17:52
That settles it!
I'm totally not Rping here since my grammar is possibly the worse compared to everyone on this thread lol.
My own grammar level annoys me ovO.

Elphyda

When I'm annoying to someone, but they refuse to tell me until they explode.  It's like, you coulda just told me when I annoyed you rather than letting it boil.  I'd much rather you say "hey, you're annoyin' me a bit" than go on for three hours telling me every single time I annoyed you where you refused to tell me I was.

I'm one who tries to help, not to annoy.  If I annoy you, just tell me when I do rather than going off on me numerous months later. :l

Chromastone64

So, our collage actually managed to get Minecraft Education Edition on the computers of one of the classrooms. I'm generally senisible on it, so for one session, I was allowed to use the Teacher role (basically an admin). Good thing too, because there's one kid who keeps BREAKING EVERYTHING WE BUILD FOR NO REASON. He's been doing it for a while now, luckily he hasn't come after my stuff. He has, however, planted saplings everywhere, and I was basically the only one punching out all the resulting trees.
Granted, it was hilarious to see him constantly log out and relog to try and unfreeze himself when I froze his character.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Naura

Talking about bad RPing grammar, something I hate is when people just look at what is on the last page, not the full story. And when they do that, they have no idea of the story, and just goes on with their own stuff, and become all confused everytime you bring up something that have happend earlier in the role play, or then, when they get mad at everyone for not telling them what have happend, instead of reading it themselves. Okay, when the roleplay is over 100 pages, I can understand, but when its just like 10 pages, it really http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.es me off.
I also hate looking back at old rps I was in, because my grammar used to be horrifying (still is) and I made my characters rather op without noticing it until later. I miss some of the old guys, now the roleplays doens't move as much as they used to, oh well, maybe some will return during the summer, or atleast the roleplaying will go faster, and become more fun.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2015 May 07, 16:27:49
I know the feeling. Another thing that bugs me is hosting an RP, and having a good story planned, only to have others try to take control of the story because they don't know what the plan is, when they should be just following along with what the host is trying to do.

Like, if you're playing D&D, and you're the DM (Dungeon Master) and have an awesome story written out, but the players just try to hijack the story. :P
"Okay, you guys chill while I find a certain book. *Brings out the Draconomicon and summons a super powerful dragon that they can't possibly beat* You guys can be defeated by this dragon or... follow the story that I, the DM, have planned for you. :l What'll it be? Until you choose to behave, this dragon is going to keep following you everywhere you go."

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 May 08, 01:57:51
So, our collage actually managed to get Minecraft Education Edition on the computers of one of the classrooms. I'm generally senisible on it, so for one session, I was allowed to use the Teacher role (basically an admin). Good thing too, because there's one kid who keeps BREAKING EVERYTHING WE BUILD FOR NO REASON. He's been doing it for a while now, luckily he hasn't come after my stuff. He has, however, planted saplings everywhere, and I was basically the only one punching out all the resulting trees.
Granted, it was hilarious to see him constantly log out and relog to try and unfreeze himself when I froze his character.

teacher: Okay, class, today we're going to learn about teamwork in society.
random student: *Griefs everything* BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up