Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MrEmu

More things that annoy me..

Ironically, people who think they're annoying but aren't...so I guess in turn they ARE annoying...

Waiting for "The last guardian" to finally be out...it was SAID to be a PS3 cover release game...it's still being made. >.<

that paper wasp nest next to our house...we really should take it down...

our internet company (Wont say the name because I don't want to bad-mouth them) they keep mixing us up with somepony else that happens to not pay their internet bill I guess, because our internet keeps going off due to "Not paying our bill"

My list kinda stunk this time... ah well...

Stalephreak

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 11, 00:26:17
Paranoid people who constantly talk about the evil devious plots of 'Big X' - big tobacco, big pharma, big oil, take your pick. These people are apparently clueless of how a capitalist free market even works.

Industries are not one single, monolithic entity. An industry is made up of dozens; sometimes hundreds of individual corporations, all in heavy rivalry with their own goals and ambitions. Do you really think they would cover each other's butts to hide malpractice within the industry? Heck no! They would looooooooove the opportunity to throw each other under the bus. An opposing corporation getting sued and/or boycotted out of existence means one less rival to worry about.

How, pray tell, could so many individual, self-interested corporations all collaborate and conspire together to cover up terrible truths - like big pharma hiding the cure for cancer, or big oil stifling alternate energy development, with absolutely none of the hundreds of thousands of people employed by the various corporations ever blowing the lid? Even within a single corporation, the business is made up of tens of thousands of employees, each with their own best interest in mind. Any one of rich could become rich and famous at any time by exposing the truth.

I'm sure conspiracy theorists could explain this incredible logic gap by digging a deeper hole about some one-world shadowy organization that secretly controls every government and corporation in the world.

Oh, and with heavy use of stupid words like 'sheeple' or shill', of course.

Give it a few years breezy.  While you're mostly right, this last year, Oklahoma doctors did team up to change legislation in my state.  And yes, that actually did happen.  What they didn't see is that they actually negatively impacted my company's health care, as my company does believe that tele-healthcare does have a place in society.  Oklahoma was the only state to band together to pass such a backwards law.

Tobacco does team up just enough to make sure their lobbyists are all singing the same tune.  Yes they're all rivals, but they also want to make sure that they can be in business profitably tomorrow.  In that sense, yes, big business does exist.  But yeah, they're only friends until the battle is over. 

But yeah, the whole Illuminati thing is a bit of a stretch.  Dogbert on the other hand...
Founding Member of Zero Fox Mercenary Corps
In-Game Name:  Wheel Trouble

BlazeyE

Quote from: Stalephreak on 2014 Feb 11, 09:58:28

Dogbert on the other hand...

"I'll only agree to the union's demands if I can get my pay in advance and there's no retirement age."
"Deal."

*two hours later*

"Have the finance department cut me a check for the next ten billion years."
I sell PR and PR accessories.

Stalephreak

I'm going to say it only because about everybody my age has thought this at least once, and yes, I mean it as a joke.

KIDS

Pipkin

2014 Feb 11, 14:57:27 #12164 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 11, 15:05:16 by Pipkin
Photobucket is being evil again........happens every time I upload pictures from an OSW.....all my pictures from photobucket are being blocked, i think this includes a large portion of the art in my art thread.Nope, just alot of my sketches....at least this time my avatar is hosted from dA.....

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 11, 02:27:35
Spoiler: show
When you're a kid, you have lots of time and energy, but no money, unless adults give it to you.
When you're a teen or young adult, you still have plenty of energy and are able to earn money, but you have less time.
When you're old, you have lots of time and money (if you got a good retirement), but not as much energy.

Why, life? Why?

There are too many anime, and I don't have time for them all.
There are too many video games, and I don't have the time or money for them all.
*Siiiigh* Lately, as I've been replaying Kingdom Hearts 2 to finally finish it and be ready for KH3, I haven't had time for anime. I get the feeling that once I'm done with KH and playing the waiting game for KH3, I'm gonna dive back into anime and ignore my other games that I haven't played or finished yet. Why not play those games? Because I already miss anime.

Speaking of anime, there was an anime that I saw ads for and got really interested in, but I forgot to write it down somewhere, so I can't remember what it's called. :l I'm gonna have to hunt it down and add it to my "Anime to watch" list and hope I don't find even more interesting anime because my list is too long, dang it!
Some people feel so hurt when I turn down an anime they suggest to me. :'( It's not you. It's my list. The videos of that anime were too glorious for me to turn that anime down, but I'm more resistant against all else.

Found it! It's called Good Luck Girl.
I had to search through FUNimation's Youtube channel and resist the urge to click any of the videos, like "Huh, that anime looks interesting. Space Dandy seems like a funny anime. No, no, nonononono I'm here for one thing, don't add any more anime to my list!"
Urgh. :/

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

BlazeyE

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: BlazeyE on 2014 Feb 11, 17:36:23
Chernobyl. Any activists trump card.

One isolated incident discredits decades of successful nuclear power harassment?

The United States has over a hundred nuclear reactors nationwide:

Man, you'd think the entire eastern half of the country would be totally uninhabitable by now.

Or maybe nuclear power dangers are just overblown.

BlazeyE

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 11, 21:12:44

One isolated incident discredits decades of successful nuclear power harassment?

Man, you'd think the entire eastern half of the country would be totally uninhabitable by now.

I was kidding. Take a joke. Long Island would've been one too. Then whatever happened at Japan... But all of those just come from improper care of the equipment or ill preparation.

But aye, no need to go all technical.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: BlazeyE on 2014 Feb 11, 21:23:00
I was kidding. Take a joke. Long Island would've been one too. Then whatever happened at Japan... But all of those just come from improper care of the equipment or ill preparation.

haha bumer kalus

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: show

"But what about the toxic smoke that comes out of the reactors?!!! D:"
That's steam. :I Harmless... steam.

Luminescence

On a entirely unrelated note, the Nuclear Reactors in NY make a Triforce! My day has been Made!
Wait. This is things that annoy you tread....
Umm, When Taco Bell Messes up my Tacos? Does that work?
I believe the shape of happiness resembles glass. Even though, we don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there, we merely need to change our point of view slightly, and that glass will sparkle whenever it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else can argue its own existence so perfectly

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Luminescence on 2014 Feb 11, 22:33:43

They managed to throw a bunch of ingredients together in a tortilla shell INCORRECTLY!?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Feb 11, 23:24:41
Quote from: Luminescence on 2014 Feb 11, 22:33:43

They managed to throw a bunch of ingredients together in a tortilla shell INCORRECTLY!?

If I say "No cheese" and they put cheese in...
You get the message. :P

Stalephreak

Wait... We can't have the same quality control that went into the Olympic Games this year?

Midnight Breeze

Chishio Kunrin

When someone means to say "definitely" but they put "defiantly."
That's a completely different word with a completely different meaning.

defiance
de·fi·ance
[dih-fahy-uhns]
noun
1. a daring or bold resistance to authority or to any opposing force.
2. open disregard; contempt (often followed by of  ): defiance of danger; His refusal amounted to defiance.
3. a challenge to meet in combat or in a contest.

So, if you say "I am defiantly watching that movie," unless you really do mean you're going to watch a movie despite a figure of authority (say, your parents) telling you not to, "defiantly" is not the word you're looking for.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 12, 17:35:56
When someone means to say "definitely" but they put "defiantly."
That's a completely different word with a completely different meaning.

defiance
de·fi·ance
[dih-fahy-uhns]
noun
1. a daring or bold resistance to authority or to any opposing force.
2. open disregard; contempt (often followed by of  ): defiance of danger; His refusal amounted to defiance.
3. a challenge to meet in combat or in a contest.

So, if you say "I am defiantly watching that movie," unless you really do mean you're going to watch a movie despite a figure of authority (say, your parents) telling you not to, "defiantly" is not the word you're looking for.
I know, right?

When people type "!!!!!!11!1!1one!!1" at the end of stuff. People think it's cool, but it's just annoying. I quote Squidward:
Quote from: SquidwardThat's not art! That's just annoying.
I'm back

Howitzer

People who call music from 2007 "old", or even remember anything from 2010 on.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Go Up