Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Jul 21, 16:42:46
I like Persona 4. I really do.
But SWEET FREAKING CELESTIA ON A BIKE, it can be so unfair sometimes!

I'm trying to imagine Celestia on a bike, and it's kinda funny. ovO

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Why, WHY must gamers assassinate the English language?!

"I just legit wiped their whole team."

Ugg, that sentence shouldn't come out of the mouth of anyone over the age of 8! I miss people overusing 'literally' instead, legit is so much worse and misused.

Howitzer

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jul 23, 01:40:05

Ugg, that sentence shouldn't come out of the mouth of anyone over the age of 8! I miss people overusing 'literally' instead, legit is so much worse and misused.

Just anytime people misuse the word "literally" to put it in a figurative sense, or something like when they "literally" just checked their phone right now. It cannot get any more redundant.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Stardust Dragon

Those moments you really want to agree with what someone says, but the irony and hypocrisy meters are screaming in your head.  Even when I think they're right in this particular instance, what they said and arguments we've had in the past are...incongruous. 

Chromastone64

2016 Jul 23, 13:16:11 #18324 Last Edit: 2016 Jul 23, 13:19:40 by Chromastone64

Being honest, I say literally quite a bit, but not in every single sentance.

Ok, Cartoon Network has adverts for the new Loony Toons/Tunes/whater they're calling it now, and they say they're bringing out "ALL-NEW MOVIES!". Guess what movies they show?
Loony Toons: Back In Action, and the Yogi Bear movie.
Um...THOSE ARE NOT BRAND NEW AT ALL.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Jul 23, 13:16:11
Being honest, I say literally quite a bit, but not in every single sentance.

Ok, Cartoon Network has adverts for the new Loony Toons/Tunes/whater they're calling it now, and they say they're bringing out "ALL-NEW MOVIES!". Guess what movies they show?
Loony Toons: Back In Action, and the Yogi Bear movie.
Um...THOSE ARE NOT BRAND NEW AT ALL.

Cartoon Network has become incredibly stupid.
Though, at least they're not taking Steven Universe off the air. They have some pretty good reasons to, but they're not doing it. I wanna see how the story ends, so I'm glad it's still going. But I am rather salty that they keep putting it on such long hiatuses. I guess this "month of Steven Universe" thing sort of makes up for it a little... >:/

Sweet Brew

lol, Yep.
It's why I nowadays never ever abbreviate stuff with sentences what I talk.
I go as far as to not say "AMP" and instead say "Amplifier" or instead "DAW" I'll say "Digital Audio Workstation", which can annoy people at times.

But I also can confuse people with uncommon words like "Soporific" or something.
I just do my best to be literate in text and voice.

What really annoys me is what someone is doing something really hurtful to your or something and when you talk to them about it they instantly go into this super self deprecating mode.

I get it, it sucks to have a friend tell you to be a better person, but when I'm trying to tell someone something and I suddenly have to start telling them "How awesome they are" or whatever it really gets annoying.

Can't they just stop and be strong enough so that I can tell them these things?
I know this sounds mean, but I'm dealing with it almost every day, not saying that I'm daily telling them how wrong they are or anything, it's just that they'll pull something completely inexcusable that's hurting many others.

It's hard to help someone when you don't even want to see them anymore. :s

Jcfraven

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Jul 23, 19:40:52
lol, Yep.
It's why I nowadays never ever abbreviate stuff with sentences what I talk.
I go as far as to not say "AMP" and instead say "Amplifier" or instead "DAW" I'll say "Digital Audio Workstation", which can annoy people at times.

But I also can confuse people with uncommon words like "Soporific" or something.
I just do my best to be literate in text and voice.

People love to be stupid, and not talk correctly, under the excuse "Oh, I don't do this for important stuff, so it's fine," when, from personal experience, all stuff eventually crosses over.

If you want type correctly online, how can I possibly believe you can type good period? That's what annoys me with a lot of people.

Sweet Brew

My teeth have been hurting a lot lately, and it seems that someone hid my painkillers. :/

Chishio Kunrin

Why? Why did I stay up all night? Why did I not take a nap? Why do I do this? :s

Midnight Breeze

Man, I log into Guild Wars 2 for the first time in 2 years and what do I see?

Spoiler: show

My greatsword is STILL TOO SMALL! They really haven't fixed it yet? So its intentional for asura weapons to be totally disproportionate then....uh. On every other race the hilt extends beyond the shoulder while sheathed.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jul 24, 19:31:14

My greatsword is STILL TOO SMALL! They really haven't fixed it yet? So its intentional for asura weapons to be totally disproportionate then....uh. On every other race the hilt extends beyond the shoulder while sheathed.
Spoiler: My rant on similar things • show
I stopped playing LotRO because of similar things.
The animations got so derped up with people, and some classes got it really bad.

It was common for people to not be holding any weapons so it looks like they're just pretend dueling, or it'd mix up weapons so instead of throwing a javelin I'd throw a snowball (NO joke) and he wouldn't even move the rest of his body, just his arm would do the animation part.

The animation glitches first popped up in 2014 and are still there, now I won't blame the developers because the community was awful.

People writing angry hate letters because they added new free regions.
Their explanation as to why that's a bad thing?
"You should be fixing the PVP! (Which is 15% of the game) not giving us derpy content!"
Of course their language was much worse, but the sad part was they did work on the PVP, they just didn't pour every drop of their budget into it.

The community was the most entitlement issued people I have ever seen.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Jul 24, 21:21:07
Spoiler: My rant on similar things • show
I stopped playing LotRO because of similar things.
The animations got so derped up with people, and some classes got it really bad.

It was common for people to not be holding any weapons so it looks like they're just pretend dueling, or it'd mix up weapons so instead of throwing a javelin I'd throw a snowball (NO joke) and he wouldn't even move the rest of his body, just his arm would do the animation part.

The animation glitches first popped up in 2014 and are still there, now I won't blame the developers because the community was awful.

People writing angry hate letters because they added new free regions.
Their explanation as to why that's a bad thing?
"You should be fixing the PVP! (Which is 15% of the game) not giving us derpy content!"
Of course their language was much worse, but the sad part was they did work on the PVP, they just didn't pour every drop of their budget into it.

The community was the most entitlement issued people I have ever seen.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jul 24, 19:31:14

I just re-subbed to WoW, and already saw a ton of animation errors that weren't there before. And there's also something else that was really stupid, so here's my little fiasco I went through:
The main reason I subbed back (for a month) was because of the new transmog system and its potential for RP servers. (If you don't know, tranmog is making your gear and equipment look like other gear and equipment, something I really believe ALL games like this should have. And yes, I paid money just because I could change my characters clothes easier. Sue me :) ). So I go looking on the auction house for a casual-looking vest (for my Alliance character), and I find one that looks really good: a Goblin Thug's Tunic. Looking it up, I find it's the starting item for goblin rogues. Optimistic, I think, "Well, with this new wardrobe system, all I need to do is make a goblin rogue, and it'll right-away be added to my wardrobe!"
Not the case.
Apparently, this new system doesn't store items that can't be bound to your character, which mean my only option was very risky: put it on the auction house for very cheap, and ask my brother to buy it out the second it shows up. Now, here's the big kicker: if you know the goblins and worgen in Warcraft, then you know their starting areas are RIDICULOUSLY LONG. Coupled with weird lag and a ton of animations bugging out, it took me 6 FREAKING HOURS to get off that island and get the vest to my bro, who then traded it to my character, who now just wears the actual item instead of a transmog.

And those are the lengths I'll go to to make my character look good :) As for those animation bugs...at one point I had a pool pony in my stomach, and any rocket boots I wore always had one of them facing upward, which mean a stream of flame constantly in my guys' face.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

2016 Jul 25, 07:29:17 #18333 Last Edit: 2016 Jul 25, 07:32:06 by Midnight Breeze
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Jul 25, 07:18:58
I just re-subbed to WoW, and already saw a ton of animation errors that weren't there before. And there's also something else that was really stupid, so here's my little fiasco I went through:
[spoiler]The main reason I subbed back (for a month) was because of the new transmog system and its potential for RP servers. (If you don't know, tranmog is making your gear and equipment look like other gear and equipment, something I really believe ALL games like this should have. And yes, I paid money just because I could change my characters clothes easier. Sue me :) ). So I go looking on the auction house for a casual-looking vest (for my Alliance character), and I find one that looks really good: a Goblin Thug's Tunic. Looking it up, I find it's the starting item for goblin rogues. Optimistic, I think, "Well, with this new wardrobe system, all I need to do is make a goblin rogue, and it'll right-away be added to my wardrobe!"
Not the case.
Apparently, this new system doesn't store items that can't be bound to your character, which mean my only option was very risky: put it on the auction house for very cheap, and ask my brother to buy it out the second it shows up. Now, here's the big kicker: if you know the goblins and worgen in Warcraft, then you know their starting areas are RIDICULOUSLY LONG. Coupled with weird lag and a ton of animations bugging out, it took me 6 FREAKING HOURS to get off that island and get the vest to my bro, who then traded it to my character, who now just wears the actual item instead of a transmog.

And those are the lengths I'll go to to make my character look good :) As for those animation bugs...at one point I had a pool pony in my stomach, and any rocket boots I wore always had one of them facing upward, which mean a stream of flame constantly in my guys' face.
[/quote][/spoiler]

I'll resub to WoW when they finally give the worgen a much needed-model update. It's absurd that such a well-funded triple A company is so miserly with their resources. They act like they're an indie company or something. It would take like 2 people to make new worgen models (a 3d artist and an animator) yet they won't do it because "it would cost us a raid tier".

Other MMO companies have far, FAR less resources than Blizzard is privy to yet they make updates like that to their games all the time. Blizzard Exceptionalism is disgusting.

Edit: Also a word that starts with "N" that means 'not generous' is apparently censored here. Okay then...

LostSanity

Previously...

I had an 'addition' to my signature. I took it away because I thought there was no reason for it.

I've... somewhat changed my mind. A new 'addition' has been added that, honestly, I think fits me more than my previous one did.

Believe that.

:s

Besides my future is unknown. It's all up to fate I guess. Either I'll live or die.

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Sweet Brew

My one tooth is hurting sooo bad, and I don't have an appointment to get it looked at for a month. >A<

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Jul 25, 20:45:51
My one tooth is hurting sooo bad, and I don't have an appointment to get it looked at for a month. >A<

That's...really bad, sha. Waiting a month for a dental appointment is pretty ridiculous in any case, but severe tooth pain constitutes a dental emergency and you should get priority. Ohio medicaid provides dental care for people under 21 free of charge so you should be able to go to any dentist, not just yours.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jul 25, 21:34:35
That's...really bad, sha. Waiting a month for a dental appointment is pretty ridiculous in any case, but severe tooth pain constitutes a dental emergency and you should get priority. Ohio medicaid provides dental care for people under 21 free of charge so you should be able to go to any dentist, not just yours.
I'm not meaning to stereotype here....
But this area of Ohio is very redneckish, and not the normal redneck, the "Toothless hillbilly" stereotype of Redneck.
And I literally mean toothless, so dental is a big thing here.

There's a big waiting line of people who don't even have teeth or something.
But yes, medicaid is paying for it, so I know I'll get whatever treatment I need.

They said if someone cancels an appointment I can move mine to where theirs was supposed to be, so it might be earlier, I hope so because I can't eat most hard foods at the moment. :P
But this is kinda my fault for not taking good care of my teeth. lol

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Jul 25, 22:24:28
But this is kinda my fault for not taking good care of my teeth. lol

Fluoride and bioglass are your friends.

Pipkin

Morning exams

Especially when you sleep at 4am and have to wake up at 6am for said exam.

Then have to stay awake until almost noon living off energy drinks until your laundry is done so you can nap for a couple hours so you can get to your night class at 6pm...

Go Up