Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sweet Brew

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2015 Oct 23, 00:18:24
Here's a minor annoyance of mine.

I want to get back into using this site after being missing for nearly a year, yet I've completely lost interest in MLP.
This presents a dilemma.  Use the site simply as a nostalgia trip for a month or two, or attempt to force myself into liking the show again.

TLDR; I'm back in business, and ticked off that I can't enjoy it like I used to.
Don't force it, if you do you'll end up hating it.
Also, don't look to the fandom for "inspiration" to like the show, the fandom is...well...not the show. haha.

Not being able to enjoy stuff like you used to...yeah, it sucks... but sadly it's life... it's why it's best to enjoy the moment, because no matter how bad it is, the little bit of good that's in it will fade one day and be lost forever.

That being said, the bad also leaves and the plenty more new good comes to replace the old good...but the old never comes back.

Things are so pricey! A gosh darned lame guitar is out of my price range when I need a decent guitar, a microphone, and a MIDIUSB!

Eh, who knows, maybe someone will be generous with trick-or-treating! :] (Complete joke, no worries...though I did one year get a gourd. lol)

Rush of MLP

It irks me to no end when a roommate or other person loudly barrels into the room when I'm trying to take a nap, sleep at night, or just trying to enjoy the very limited peace and quiet.

It also upsets me when I'm on the phone and someone comes into the room and starts playing loud media, or starts talking loudly, even after I politely inform them that I am talking to someone.

Chromastone64

I am getting so bloody peeved of at my ears getting blocked every other week. CAN SOMETHING JUST GO RIGHT FOR ONCE?!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Jcfraven

When people tell you one thing, they mean the polar opposite, tell someone else the truth, leading to them telling you the truth, instead of the one who originally stated as such.

Tell me the logic here:
Her: "If you don't have anyone to go with, I'll go with you."
Me: "I'll have to check, but I don't think that she'll be able to go.
-Next Day-
Me: "So it turns out that she won't be able to, so I guess that's the plan?"
*She nods*
-Few Days Later-
--Running through procedures--
Instructor: "Everyone have a date to the Military Ball?"
*She nods, so do I*
-Next Day-
Friend: "Hey, sit down, I need to talk to you."
Friend: "You said you were going with [person], right?"
Me: "Yes."
Friend: "I talked to her, and she says that she's not going with you, but that you think she is."

I have reason to believe the accuracy of that, so it both annoys me, and makes me confused.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Oct 23, 05:45:59
I am getting so bloody peeved of at my ears getting blocked every other week. CAN SOMETHING JUST GO RIGHT FOR ONCE?!

Just go to the doctor and have them irrigated. Takes 5 minutes.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Oct 23, 16:19:58
Just go to the doctor and have them irrigated. Takes 5 minutes.

Parents won't let me. They say it isn't woth it.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Oct 23, 16:30:37

Uhhh, restoring your hearing isn't worth 5 minutes of your time?

Interesting...

Chibalt

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Oct 23, 16:30:37

Your parents have strange priorities.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Chromastone64

They keep saying "Just use ear drops, it'll clear eventually."...

Jcfraven

Not knowing something, that you believe you should be able to figure out, but simply can't.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Oct 23, 18:16:24
They keep saying "Just use ear drops, it'll clear eventually."...

Ear drops aren't going to clear heavy wax buildup if you don't wash it out with pressurized water. I'd just go on my own if you can. If you've been using drops to no avail then it should be covered by the NHS. Even if its not it shouldn't cost more than like 50 pounds max.

I had the same problem 2 years ago and was amazed at how much stronger my hearing was after irrigation. I heard things like my shirt rustling when I walked which I hadn't heard before.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Oct 23, 23:09:56
Ear drops aren't going to clear heavy wax buildup if you don't wash it out with pressurized water. I'd just go on my own if you can. If you've been using drops to no avail then it should be covered by the NHS. Even if its not it shouldn't cost more than like 50 pounds max.

I had the same problem 2 years ago and was amazed at how much stronger my hearing was after irrigation. I heard things like my shirt rustling when I walked which I hadn't heard before.
I don't seem to have hearing troubles...but my hearing isn't that good!
Makes me wonder if I should get that irrigation stuff now...hehe.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Oct 24, 02:18:35
I don't seem to have hearing troubles...but my hearing isn't that good!
Makes me wonder if I should get that irrigation stuff now...hehe.

Are your ears clogged? If not it won't do anything. Irrigation is when the doctor puts special drops in your ears to soften the wax, then uses pressurized water to blast the wax out. I had to go because I had a clogged ear for over a month and couldn't stand it anymore. Haven't needed it since.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Oct 24, 02:32:06
Are your ears clogged? If not it won't do anything. Irrigation is when the doctor puts special drops in your ears to soften the wax, then uses pressurized water to blast the wax out. I had to go because I had a clogged ear for over a month and couldn't stand it anymore. Haven't needed it since.
Nah, they're not clogged as far as I know.
Guess I'll just live with non-elf hearing. :3

What annoys me is when someone tells you to do something to help yourself but you can't because the way others rely on you.
I can't show any weakness what so ever or...well...person bad stuff will happen.
People tell me not to bottle stuff up, but nuuupe...I don't have a choice...well, I do it's just the alternative is much worse.

Even if I did have the choice though...losing my self pride to do said thing would hurt me more then the good from said thing would do.

I'll just do my best to live with it and hope it inspires others to do the same...
I want some good to come from my derping stuff, ya know? :]

Chishio Kunrin

So, in order to try to encourage people to be Sponsors (where you pay monthly to have access to videos other people don't and see episodes of webshows earlier than everyone else), Rooster Teeth has changed the scheduling from Sponsors getting to see episodes 2 hours early... to getting to see episodes 24 hours early. I may have mentioned this before, but it still annoys me.

So, let's add the fact that some people think it's perfectly okay to go post spoilers on the RWBY wiki, which has a spoiler policy and actually made everyone get a notification reminding them of such.
>:/ *Siiiigh* Some people. It's a good thing the episode page is locked so only admins can edit it. If it weren't, people would probably be adding the episode summary and screenshots left and right.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Oct 24, 15:00:05

When I pull into the lot to try and get my haircut yesterday, already running late because phone servicing took much longer than anticipated, I find that a couple of construction workers have parked a van in the middle of two spots.  Apparently it had been sitting like that for several hours by the time I come in (about 3:00), because when I tell my stylist what happened out there she says that several other customers have complained about that same thing.  Now I understand you have a job to do...but especially if you're gonna be here a while, maybe do a decent job with parking?  Please?

Jcfraven

Ties knots. Especially half-windsors, though probably even with others, as no method of tying them ever works. That, or all the Internet tutorials simply don't tell you how to actually tie one, and it's posing as those that can help you tie one.

Jcfraven

People who lie with motive of non-existence or little nature. Especially when they know that doing so would harm me.

Jcfraven

People asking me for advice about something involving whaf I have never had the ability to experience myself. It's not that I mind helping people, and I have actually done so a fair bit in the case of what I'm referring to, it just annoys me slightly because I'm always a bit sad that I have not, and probably will never, experience such.

Go Up