Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 15:07:58
Quote from: ManeFlame on 2014 May 12, 14:44:57The in game store for mounts and services, on the other hand....

That's exact ally what I meant, for pixelated images and a bit of coding, those things are ridiculously pricey.

$19 for a skin.
$25 for a skin.
$35 for a skin.
A cash shop bundle, tiny cash shop sale, or "limited quantity" cash shop item getting announced multiple times a day.
^ GaiaOnline

No, I'm not going to get over how ridiculous the prices for those skins are. Never. :l

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jaywo

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 12, 18:20:36
Quote from: ManeFlame on 2014 May 12, 14:44:57The in game store for mounts and services, on the other hand....

That's exactally what I meant, for pixelated images and a bit of coding, those things are ridiculously pricey.

$19 for a skin.
$25 for a skin.
$35 for a skin.
A cash shop bundle, tiny cash shop sale, or "limited quantity" cash shop item getting announced multiple times a day.
^ GaiaOnline

No, I'm not going to get over how ridiculous the prices for those skins are. Never. :l

And that's just it. They're not "limited", the creators just like to pretend they are.
There's no such thing as limited code, code goes on forever and ever.
There's no such thing as limited image, anyone can cope and paste 100,000,000,000,000... Times over. :s
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Zsaszz

That's exact ally what I meant, for pixelated images and a bit of coding, those things are ridiculously pricey.

Capcom has always Been the masters of charging for *pixelated images and a bit of coding*, skin packs, the famous "On-disc DLC content", and the launch of special game editions a month after they launched the normal version.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Zsaszz on 2014 May 12, 18:35:53
Capcom has always Been the masters of charging for *pixelated images and a bit of coding*

Really? Wow, you'd almost think they were a game developer...

Zsaszz

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 12, 18:41:58
Capcom has always Been the masters of charging for *pixelated images and a bit of coding*

They're publishers and developers, they control how they get the income, same as EA, is like what happened with Battlefield 4, the version for PC was Developed by DICE and Published by EA, the game came with a lot of bugs and glitches for PC, DICE would not release the game early but EA is known for pushing the studios to do so. And capcom has some bad habits of collecting profit.
Im not saying that all capcom games do this, but many of their franchises have this issue (can't deny that they have many good games though  :s )

Jaywo

Quote from: Zsaszz on 2014 May 12, 19:02:50
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 12, 18:41:58

They're publishers and developers, they control how they get the income, same as EA, is like what happened with Battlefield 4, the version for PC was Developed by DICE and Published by EA, the game came with a lot of bugs and glitches for PC, DICE would not release the game early but EA is known for pushing the studios to do so. And capcom has some bad habits of collecting profit.
Im not saying that all capcom games do this, but many of their franchises have this issue (can't deny that they have many good games though  :s )

I like it when games take a long time to come out, like LoE, it means their putting their all into the development and quality.
Much like books, you must always follow one rule; Quality over quantity.
Games like Battlefield, they put all their time into getting it out early, and mass-producing sequel after sequel. This is why they release so many DLC packs, or update every second day- because the game isn't actually finished.

Also first person shooters, no matter the Dev or name...there are way too many of them.
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

MrEmu

I would actually disagree on that account, I bought MonsterHunter 3 ultimate for only $20.00 and the are releasing DLC's like crazy, all of which are for free! *-*

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2014 May 12, 13:47:32
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 12, 13:31:48
Any and all use of the phrase 'book smart'.

What? DD:

Coffee with chocolate chip brownies don't mix well together for breakfast...
*pats on head*

Anycase, a dumb thing that annoys ME is when you get NO sleep because it's so darn hot...I think I woke up like 6 times last night and only got like 6 or 7 hours of sleep >.<

PrincessButton

Having so many roommates...
it's not fun.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 May 12, 21:37:44I would actually disagree on that account, I bought MonsterHunter 3 ultimate for only $20.00 and the are releasing DLC's like crazy, all of which are for free! *-*

*Sigh*...
When it's cheap to do so, then yeah.
When it's not...You get the Megaman treatment.
<br />

Jaywo

Art thef!
I checked my DA this morning to find yet another one of the devs I'm watching has become a victim of art theft.
Sick disgusting people steal art, and what's worse is is person's art is on tees, and like a hundred people have already bought them.
Here is the link; http://rariedash.deviantart.com/journal/Art-thief-and-Sale-453799282

Not only has the theif stolen that person's art, but art of tons of other people too. :c

PrincessButton

[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Randam Saiko

Walking into spiderwebs.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

2014 May 13, 19:02:28 #12792 Last Edit: 2014 May 13, 19:04:21 by Midnight Breeze
This last month has been a complete debacle for me at work. For the third time this month I've been accused of serious malpractice. Yes, THREE TIME in one month. I've been working my position for 3 years and never once have I been accused of malpractice, but everything hit the fan this month. We've had a wave of patients who have been belligerent and accusatory and didn't particularly like me. One woman in particular has taken every chance she had to get me in trouble. She's an elderly woman who has very thin skin that tears easily, so when she got a skin tear on her hand she told the nurse that I did it.

Of course, my boss doesn't believe it, she knows me better than that. Unfortunately, she had no choice but to suspend me with pay pending an investigation. She told me that given the large amount of complaints I've had back to back I may not be able to return to my position. I'm sure I'd have been fired outright if it wasn't for my seniority, but she's told me she's going to work with HR to help me get another position outside patient care.

Well, I've been wanting to get off the unit for a while anyway, but this wasn't the method I had in mind. I certainly hope this doesn't damage my reputation.

My RN isn't going to be too happy when I get replaced by some lazy bum who doesn't do half the work I did.

Zsaszz

2014 May 13, 19:55:36 #12793 Last Edit: 2014 May 16, 12:40:19 by Zsaszz
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 13, 19:02:28
This last month has been a complete debacle for me at work. For the third time this month I've been accused of serious malpractice. Yes, THREE TIME in one month. I've been working my position for 3 years and never once have I been accused of malpractice, but everything hit the fan this month. We've had a wave of patients who have been belligerent and accusatory and didn't particularly like me. One woman in particular has taken every chance she had to get me in trouble. She's an elderly woman who has very thin skin that tears easily, so when she got a skin tear on her hand she told the nurse that I did it.

Of course, my boss doesn't believe it, she knows me better than that. Unfortunately, she had no choice but to suspend me with pay pending an investigation. She told me that given the large amount of complaints I've had back to back I may not be able to return to my position. I'm sure I'd have been fired outright if it wasn't for my seniority, but she's told me she's going to work with HR to help me get another position outside patient care.

Well, I've been wanting to get off the unit for a while anyway, but this wasn't the method I had in mind. I certainly hope this doesn't damage my reputation.

My RN isn't going to be too happy when I get replaced by some lazy bum who doesn't do half the work I did.

Im sorry to hear that, I know how much patience and dedication is needed in that field, I have a friend that almost finish his studies in medicine and it takes a lot of patience and money to do the career here( around $30k here being the minimum), I hope that everything get better, it's true what u said about hoping that it does not damage your reputation, sometimes clients (or patients in this case) just want to take their frustration in someone without caring about any consequences, I hope it all goes better for you .

This first half of the year has been the worst that i had in years too, I lost a job that i had from almost 2 years because of a problem with a client, I was working to save some money to start my studies at college as soon as possible, but after I was fired.... well let's say after that  things didn't get any better. I had $4k saved( I could have more at that moment but I had to pay for some minor careers that i was completing at that time and lost a big part of my savings), it was enough to pay the career that i was planning for at least a year or 2, while I was looking for another job, but then in February of this year, my dog got a strange problem in his eye and I had pay for a surgery and medicines, treatment , etc, in the end I spent 3k in less than 2 months.
So, I im now without job and with less that 1k left, the bad thing is that i have 19 years and they ask for "experience" everywhere , even with some of the titles that i have is a little hard, im now waiting from a call so i can continue gathering the money that i need, what really annoy me is how fast everything that u have planned, just fall in front of you, and when you think that it can get worse...well it does get worse.

Pipkin

Spoiler: show
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 13, 19:02:28

You have NO IDEA how much that sounds like my current job position.  Except my boss doesn't know better and believes the people stabbing me in the back when they do crying to him....here's an example of the latest drama;

My staff did a date check in my counter and found some product(On the thursday) that had to be disposed of.  Rather than scanning out the product and throwing it out like they were supposed to, they threw it in an unmarked bin in the back, hid it, and left it for me the next morning.  Our packaged meat ordering system is uatomated and won't order if the inventory is adjusted which is why stuff gets scanned out, so none of the product they pulled off the shelf reordered for Friday, so I nicely asked them next time they pull product off the shelf to scan it out so the system will order it.

Well 5 minutes later my cutter(who can do this because he's also a manager) came back and yelled at me saying it's my fault stuff was in the counter expired(On Thursday, my day off) and maybe I should thank them for finding it and pulling it off the shelf.....THAT IS YOUR JOB, EVERY SINGLE MORNING!!!!!!  Can I go to me boss?  Nope, because he'll take the cutter's side even though it was his fault and I wasn't even at work.

On an unrelated note, i'm looking into OSAP.  That'll allow me to go to college.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 13, 07:00:41
Art thef!
I checked my DA this morning to find yet another one of the devs I'm watching has become a victim of art theft.
Sick disgusting people steal art, and what's worse is is person's art is on tees, and like a hundred people have already bought them.
Here is the link; http://rariedash.deviantart.com/journal/Art-thief-and-Sale-453799282

Not only has the theif stolen that person's art, but art of tons of other people too. :c

This is why a lot of people on Deviantart put that big ugly watermark on the middle of their images. Sure, it kinda ruins the picture, but it's also hard for art thieves to cover up. :c

I actually ended up standing alongside some people against an art thief on Deviantart once. She wasn't very good at drawing, and instead of practicing, she decided to just upload someone else's pictures and claim she drew them. I knew she didn't draw them because I noticed I had already seen one of them somewhere else before, and it had a signature on it that wasn't hers. Someone got her to take them down by challenging her to an art competition. She backed down and admitted she lied.

MrEmu

Spoiler: so that I don't clutter up the forum • show
[quote author=Midnight Breeze link=topic=2523.msg776201#msg776201 date=1400022148]

[/quote]
You'd think they'd at least be nice to you seeing as you're the one healing them! (From what you said I'm guessing you're a Doctor?)

Now...this is going to sound derp...but what does "malpractice" mean?

A dumb thing that annoys me...is when I'm depressed and someone tries to 'cheer me up' by telling me life gets much worse...or others have it worse...
Yes, others DO have it worse then I, But I'v had it a bit worse then most people in the USA and how is knowing more pain and misery is out there meant to help???
Sometimes when you're depressed you're not always going to be 'Mr Selfless thinker'...cut me some slack people :c (Not you people, those people)

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 May 13, 21:09:31
You'd think they'd at least be nice to you seeing as you're the one healing them! (From what you said I'm guessing you're a Doctor?)

Now...this is going to sound derp...but what does "malpractice" mean?

Wow, thanks, but no. I'm much too young to be a practicing doctor.  :P I'm just a mental health technician, which is the psychiatric equivalent to a CNA.

Malpractice is when a medical professional either purposefully or incompetently causes harm to a patient.

Pipkin

Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 13, 07:00:41
Art thef!

This happens to MysticAlpha alot, fun fact-Someone tried stealing his art and posted it on here, and after I messaged him about it and reported it I started watching him on dA.

Some people on ebay were trying to sell products with his art on it.  It sickens me but there's not alot you can do about it it seems....

Chishio Kunrin

*Sigh* When people say that all anime, manga, and video games are for children. :\ There's a reason I often have to wait until visitors go home before I watch anime. There's usually a child in the room with me.

I've actually ended up restricting a lot of what I do when we have guests because of the kids (that, and I like to hang out with mah buddies :3).
Any Youtube videos I watch are ones that I've seen before and know for a fact are child-friendly. I absolutely refuse to go around clicking related videos that the kid points out if I haven't seen them before.
I no longer surf Deviantart when a child is around.
I have to be very particular about whatever music I listen to. Definitely not gonna just leave iTunes running, unless I make a specific child-friendly playlist. I never ever ever let a kid listen to my iPod. :/ And yes, kids have asked to listen to my iPod before. It's not really because of language, but content, what the song is about.

Go Up