Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

alexandas

Things that are annoying and dumb and that you hit your foot on.
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

Pipkin

spending an entire day in a house where everyone smokes, the second I got home I had to change ALL my clothes, not to mention I was basically hacking up a lung on the whole way home, and having to drive with the window down...

I can't tolerate the smell of smoke....

Randam Saiko

When you buy a gift for someone and another person had the same idea. So now, your friend has 2 of the exact same gift.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

GoldenTerrabyte

When people blast music.
I'm back

Firey

The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Midnight Breeze

I'm beginning to believe conspiracy theorists suffer from paranoid schizophrenia.

I've had a bit of an unhealthy obsession with debating various conspiracy theorists, and I find it's a lost cause. Conspiracy theorists like the moon landing deniers, 9/11 truthers, anti-vaxxers, aspartame alarmists, and intactivists simply don't respond well to facts; preferring cherry-picked evidence and anecdote. Originally I thought that it was just a result of confirmation bias, and that showing them enough evidence would convince them. I mean, these people obviously aren't stupid; if they were things would be a lot simply, they are very intelligent and good at defending ideologies that they arrived at for unintelligent reasons.

Oh, what a fool was I. No amount of evidence can convince them; I might as well be arguing that the sky is purple. Having worked in mental health for 3 years I work with schizophrenics every day. Such people are simply impossible to argue with, even when people present them with plain-as-day facts that disprove their delusions they will continue to believe that their hallucination is real, and that anyone who says otherwise is trying to trick them.

Why would we trick them? What reason would we possibly have to lie to them? That isn't important to them, in their minds they are the only sane person in the world; much like conspiracy theorists think.

Debating conspiracy theorists is really starting to feel like picking on the mentally ill, which is just not right...

Guess I'd better just stop trying.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: StarSong on 2013 Dec 25, 13:49:40
My voice cracking all the time o-o
I'm not even a guy so what the hay?

My voice cracks sometimes too.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Prismatic

Super scratched screen protectors I will never have the ability to replace.

Chishio Kunrin

Best way I can help people understand one of my big frustrations is to describe it.

So, imagine you're watching a movie for the first time, and you're really enjoying it.
But every 5-15 or so minutes, someone comes in and has you pause the movie, so they can tell you something, tell you a story, or tell you to get up and do something.
You know that having them watch the movie with you isn't a solution because every 10-20 minutes, they pause the movie and leave for a 10-20 minute smoke break.
And if that person isn't the one causing you to have to keep pausing the movie, it's people calling your house phone for some reason, and the conversation can last for like 30 minutes.

Now, apply that, minus the phone call thing, to everything you do. Everything.
Sit down to relax and play a video game - NOPE, you're gonna have to pause it every 5-20 minutes.

I don't mind if it only happens every once in a while, but when it happens almost freaking constantly, I get very, very annoyed and frustrated.

So, yeah.. I'm annoyed by days that are like that, and they happen annoyingly often.
So far, the only peace I've found is that it doesn't happen while I'm in a Skype call with people.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Julius

My inability to properly play guitar for meaningful people. Why nerves?! Why?! :l
Purr~

the dark gods

Expectations....
You see, if I really really tried really really hard, I could most like get high 90%s in like all of my classes, but here's the thing, I don't like working hard. I'm fine with not working hard (at least by my parents definition, I think I work plenty of hard) and getting high 80s and low 90s, I can generally get these without pushing myself too hard, and I'm okay with this, I don't bore myself and I think it's a good grade.

but my parents keep nagging on about how "I could do more" and "We're pushing you for your future", and how "I'm lazy" and everything and it's starting to really hurt, and because I've taken a couple recent hit to my grades in Post Production & AP US History classes, and now my mom is getting even more on my case even though I KNOW for a fact I can raise it up with work, and I do plan on doing this.

But because of my parents (and eve my grandmother) keeping getting on my case, my Mom on how I'm not living up to my academic potential, my dad about how I'm weak and no one will respect me unless I'm like a black belt (that and how minorities will cheat me & ruin my life, but I can safely ignore his blatantly wrong racism), and my grandmother about how I'm a lazy parasite on my parents, I'm getting hit by all this doubt & stress which is making me feel like a terrible person, and any time I start to feel good about myself my thoughts now shift to how I'm ignoring all my faults and why I don't deserve to feel good.....

I know being uncaring and prideful is supposed to be a bad thing, but right now I wish I was arrogant, that I could simply shut out criticism and focus on how awesome I am, because being humble and focusing on how terrible I am and how I should do all these things to improve myself and mess with my own comfort isn't all it's cracked up to be....

Because for once I want to be able to say I deserve something without waves of thoughts going on how I don't really deserve it, and how I'm a terrible person for not thinking so immediately.
thank you Sky Sketch

Pipkin

I slept for about 17 hours yesterday...now while that may sound like a smile...it completely destroyed my energy. ..I feel so zapped and I'm getting a headache from it.....but at least I'm feeling a lot better than I have been...

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Dec 28, 08:52:05
..I feel so zapped and I'm getting a headache from it.....but at least I'm feeling a lot better than I have been...

Does not compute.

Little Star

Throwing up all night when a friend is over >.>

Julius

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Dec 28, 09:03:29
..I feel so zapped and I'm getting a headache from it.....but at least I'm feeling a lot better than I have been...

Does not compute.

You of all people should know that sleeping in excess is not good either, since you work in the medical field and all. X3

I guess it would depend on many things though. I'm sorry Lappy, I hope you get better soon! DD:
Purr~

Pipkin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Dec 28, 09:03:29

Does not compute.

You've never been so tired you start developing a headache?  Happens to me all the time  X3

LostSanity

Rumors.

Specifically... GameFAQs rumors.

:I
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Randam Saiko

Having PSR (photic sneeze reflex). Whenever my eyes are exposed to bright lights, I sneeze in chains/multiples of 3-6. Almost everytime, I get a headache from it.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

GoldenTerrabyte

Is that part of whhat inspired Saiko's dislike for Light/Light magic?
I'm back

Chack

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2013 Dec 28, 19:01:53
Having PSR (photic sneeze reflex). Whenever my eyes are exposed to bright lights, I sneeze in chains/multiples of 3-6. Almost everytime, I get a headache from it.

I know that feeling.
Wait for it...

Go Up