Adventures Of Amani The Rogue Changeling! (Sign Up)

Started by dashie77, 2016 Jan 17, 23:50:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DiamondsDroog

Hey maybe the game isn't rigged. The name 'Honest Jack' seems perfectly trustworthy!
"It'll cost a bit to play, and then however much you want to gamble." Jack tried his best to sound much more friendly than he did with Miru, but there's only so much friendliness a voice described as 'constantly wanting to toss whoever he's speaking to into a pit of hungry snakes' can express.

indigoEruption

Naah, probably just Ink's due to him and his roomie being paranoid. Miru notes the grey mare acting strange and possibly picking up the pace as she headed to the hotel. He leans in closer, softly whispering to the mauve stallion. "It seems you frighten the ladies, Jaaack." He quietly teased after Jack gave his pitch to Sparkle.

Purple

Quote from: DiamondsDroog on 2016 Jan 18, 21:07:32
Hey maybe the game isn't rigged. The name 'Honest Jack' seems perfectly trustworthy!
"It'll cost a bit to play, and then however much you want to gamble." Jack tried his best to sound much more friendly than he did with Miru, but there's only so much friendliness a voice described as 'constantly wanting to toss whoever he's speaking to into a pit of hungry snakes' can express.

"Alright!" Sparkle says cheerily, and pays the fee to play.  She honestly had no idea how this worked, as she'd never tried anything like it before.

DiamondsDroog

"Alright, if you've never played roulette before, it's not that hard to grasp. I'm going to spin the ball in the wheel, andyou just have to pick a number, color, or whether or not it's even or odd. If it lands on what you bet on, you win! Shut up, Ink." He hopes that his explanation was decent enough. He wanted to make back the money Ink won.

Purple

"Alright then, sounds simple enough!" Sparkle said, pulling out 2 bits.  She had overheard Ink Comet play, and figured there might be a strategy to this.  She tried to remember what he had picked; 7.  She figured picking 7 again would be too obvious, so she thought of another way this could work.  7 was an odd number, so... "I''ll pick an odd number then," she says, remembering that all she had to do was pick a number, color, or wether or not its even or odd.  She placed the 2 bits on the table, feeling confident.

DiamondsDroog

He repeats the wheel spinny thing, and sure enough, the ball lands on three. "Congratulations!" Jack says as he pushes two bits over to Sparkle. "Perhaps you'd like to go for double  or nothing?" Jack tries to give a wide smile, but it just looks...off. Like a doll's smile.

indigoEruption

Ink raises his brows for a moment at Jack's words, looking away before trotting off. "Eeeey have fun I gotta go do the. The. The shopping thing. You know what I mean." Scamper scamper. His path to the market leads him to passing by the hotel, where Ink stops to stare at her blankly. Small squint. I don't know you. However, despite his aggressive vibes, he continues walking to the market, staring at her a bit more before it just became uncomfortable to look at her due to the angle of his head.

Purple

Quote from: DiamondsDroog on 2016 Jan 18, 21:28:12
He repeats the wheel spinny thing, and sure enough, the ball lands on three. "Congratulations!" Jack says as he pushes two bits over to Sparkle. "Perhaps you'd like to go for double  or nothing?" Jack tries to give a wide smile, but it just looks...off. Like a doll's smile.

Sparkle grinned at her success.  She couldn't believe that plan actually worked!  She was tempted to give it another go.  After all, it was only two bits she had bet, so she wouldn't lose much if she lost.  "Sure thing! do i pick a new number?" she asked, still trying to learn the game.  She already had a number in mind, trying to guess the strategy.

SandFire

Shadow stared straight forward not daring to look like she knows Ink is looking at her being in one of these situations before. She slightly ruffles her wings to make sure her items are still on her in case things turned south.
Part of The Kingdom of Roses

DiamondsDroog

"You can, if you'd like. You can pick an even number again, or gamble on one of the other choices." Jack, despite having lost the first game, still sounds fairly confidant. After all, the house always collects in the end. "Whatever you think'll get the pay out." The strategy wasn't as easy to guess as it seems-Jack does have a plan in mind, even if it doesn't look like it.

indigoEruption

After Ink walked a bit further, he let out a loud, sudden 'HA!' which was more of a brief, shark yell of a cackle. He suddenly remembered the time Jack tried to cook and got flour all over himself. AAAHAHAHA. Ah, cooking is not his strong suit. AAAHAHAHA. Ink please calm down. He stops by the bakery, and decides to get some doughnuts. Gosh, he ain't gonna fry dough himself! That is just silly. Mainly because he doesn't have the good tools for it to meet his own standards.

Purple

Quote from: DiamondsDroog on 2016 Jan 18, 21:38:15
"You can, if you'd like. You can pick an even number again, or gamble on one of the other choices." Jack, despite having lost the first game, still sounds fairly confidant. After all, the house always collects in the end. "Whatever you think'll get the pay out." The strategy wasn't as easy to guess as it seems-Jack does have a plan in mind, even if it doesn't look like it.

Sparkle nodded, trying to read the pony's expressions for a hint.  "Alright then.  I'll pick..." she paused to think about this for a moment.  After thinking for a few seconds, she makes her decision.  "Six!" she says.  She didn't have any idea how this worked, but she was having fun.

DiamondsDroog

He drops the ball into the wheel and spins it both directions, and it lands on...lucky number seven. "Ooh! So close. Perhaps you should give it another go? They do say that you're bound to win some money from gambling, as long as you put in the effort." As he said this, he pulled the four bits back to him from the other side of the table.

Purple

Sparkle's smile dropped just a bit.  She figured this might happen, but it still felt a bit disappointing.  Oh well, it was only 2 bits.  "Hm... alright, one more go," she said, placing 1 bit on the table this time.  She promised herself that if she lost this time, she would quit.  "I'll pick 9 this time," she said, noticing that nine and time rhymed a bit.

DiamondsDroog

He drops the ball and spins the wheel, and the ball lands on nine. If one glanced at Honest Jack's horn, they would have seen a small, faint shine from it. The ball lands on number nine. He pushes a bit over to Sparkle. "Looks like the wheel's on your side after all!"

Purple

Sparkle's eyes lit up with excitement and shock.  "Alright then, I suppose i'll try double or nothing again!" she said, now thinking to try out her first idea.  "I'll pick 7 this time!" she said with a confident smile.

DiamondsDroog

He spins it again, and the ball lands on number four. His horn shined faintly once more. "Ya never know what you're gonna get playin' this. I guess that's the fun of it, ey?" He says as he takes the bits.

Purple

This time, Sparkle caught his horn glowing slightly.  "..Yeah, I guess so," she sighs, deciding not to say anything about the cheating.  She didn't feel like being taken advantage anymore, so she politely said; "Unfortunately, i'm all outa bits, so i'll have to be going now.  Thanks for letting me play!" she gave the stallion a smile, and walked off.  She actually did have plenty of bits left, but that was all she was willing to gamble on.

DiamondsDroog

"Thank you for your time! And your bits." He mumbles under his breath. While he was rather lucky, he had no scruples against cheating-he enjoyed it, in fact. Not winning because he cheated, but the simple act of successfully fooling someone and getting away with it. As far as he's concerned, the money was a bonus.

Purple

Sparkle walks off towards the marketplace, thinking over the past few minutes.  She figured she had probably wasted time and money, but it didn't matter all that much.  She was on vacation, so she was allowed to have fun if she wanted to, and she considered that to have been at least a little fun. She walked into the donut shop, deciding to buy herself a sweet treat. 

Go Up