Ponies: Lost In Space [OOC]

Started by FakeSmile, 2015 Dec 09, 21:40:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jcfraven

2016 Jan 21, 15:35:21 #300 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 21, 15:49:24 by Jcfraven
Hey guys, wanted to put this quick note out there:

Due to a certain situation that has occurred within the roleplay now, I don't believe it would be healthy for me to continue the roleplay currently. I don't blame Scarlet, it's just something involving my personal life, that the roleplay now constantly reminds me of.

This doesn't mean I quit, per-say, but I have to ensure that it won't be unhealthy for me to continue, before I come back. I'm trying to evaluate that at this time.

I apologize if this is seen as me trying to spark drama or whatever, that is not my intention in any capacity. You guys continue like you are, this is just something involving me, that I must evaluate and proceed appropriately with.

ScarletInk

2016 Jan 22, 03:37:04 #301 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 23, 15:38:32 by ScarletInk
Okay, guys, I did it! I reopened the sign-up!

Post Merge

Guys, we may have an entry in the sign-up, Julien999, that I find interesting, but I wanted to present you three points he made that, in his opinion, may disqualify his character from entering:

QuoteWell, the three reasons I said that goes through my head you won't allow me are:

N°1 - The character I wanted to use is a human (Since they are in space, my head tell me that from far away place in galaxie/universe, Equestria exist somewhere and same goes for Earth. I've seen Pekomon things too in this RP that doesn't supposed to be found in Equestria, so in this state, my head think that they come from somewhere else and I mean this by another world/planet.)

N°2 - I will use a second character that is a robot pony made by the human.

N°3 - They will come in with their own Spaceship from far away place. Their Spaceship is smaller than the Solar Arrow for a little reason...

Now, I would say to give him a chance, since technically he doesn't go against any rule of this RP.
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Nameless Whirlwind

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2016 Jan 22, 03:37:04
Okay, guys, I did it! I reopened the sign-up!

Post Merge

Guys, we may have an entry in the sign-up, Julien999, that I find interesting, but I wanted to present you three points he made that, in his opinion, may disqualify his character from entering:

Now, I would say to give him a chance, since technically he doesn't go against any rule of this RP.

Sorry for the late response, but here are my three cents on it.

Spoiler: My 3¢ • show

1. Humans are a thing that I do not like nor dislike in RP that are directed to the Equestrian world and its lore. However, in a RP that is based on the loneliness in space and the fact that the Solar Arrow houses the last survivors of Equestria, it just seems...out of place? Horrible choice of words, I know. AHA!: It's like a tear in the fabric of space-time. I always though the RP was above a lack of communication from the outside world, with those still alive looking through the notes of the dead in order to understand the reality of the burden they must now carry. If he were to play the role of an human, he would have to explain a lot in order for the current plot to make sense.

2. A very huge coincidence that the human created a pony automation and not an automation of any other race or species. I mean, out of everything that could be shaped, its on a pony. Either a large coincidence, or that he knows that ponies exist in space. If the latter is true, there would be more explaining to do (refer to 1.), such as why he just can't take us back to our planet

3. Alright. I mean, you can't travel anywhere in space without a spaceship! Does take away from the lack of communication part though (refer to 1.), but I can't be that nit-picky.

Signature.

ScarletInk

Thank you for exposing your opinions, Nameless: actually, what you pointed out isn't very far from the reasons I decided to refuse Julien, even if I admit being tempted by the possibilities the arrival of a human could bring.
Still, it's better if we stick to what we already established: bringing a human in the mix would confuse the situation even more than it is right now, probably.
Still, thank you for spending your three cents on this.  X3

Julien999

2016 Jan 24, 05:50:04 #304 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 24, 05:53:13 by Julien999
What you said is so true. Even thought it's interesting, it's will confuse all the situation that all of you are on.

Thanks for taking your time with my "3 reasons to why this RP won't let me play in" thing, Nameless Whirlwind. (Also, the thing I named is a little bit too long, but anyway. You know what I mean.)

Nameless Whirlwind

Spoiler: The Ship in Question • show

If anything is too unrealistic/doesn't make sense please do say  ^-^.
Signature.

FakeSmile

Nah, that is pretty believable.
It also looks wicked cool.
:DD
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Nameless Whirlwind

Quote from: FakeSmile on 2016 Jan 27, 18:37:23
Nah, that is pretty believable.
It also looks wicked cool.
:DD

Thx  :D

Sry if i'm inactive, got exams to study for but really wanted to post today. Will be more active after friday.
Signature.

FakeSmile

2016 Jan 27, 18:45:31 #308 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 27, 18:57:28 by FakeSmile
Nah, you good. Exams are more important than ponies, LoL.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Julien999

Speaking of being frozen and all... it seem logic to fall asleep in the freezer because in my view and what I know is that more it's colder, more you want to sleep. (I can't explain in more detail about it... sorry.)
That could explain about the hibernation of the animals during winter and in the certain situation like this.

Alright, so... I would like to know about the timeline of this RP because I really need to know it because of certain ponies that I have when they are still on Equestria or when they disappeared...
This timeline RP is after or before the defeat of Tirek and the apparition of Princess Twilight's Castle?

ScarletInk

Well, since the RP timeline is all set in space and it hasn't been brought on any element of Equestria's history, it was never chosen a defined moment during the series to start from, but I, personally, always assumed we're all setted in a not-too-far future, so after Tirek's defeat.

P.S.: I completely understand your point of view on falling asleep in the cold  X3

Julien999

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2016 Jan 28, 15:37:28
Well, since the RP timeline is all set in space and it hasn't been brought on any element of Equestria's history, it was never chosen a defined moment during the series to start from, but I, personally, always assumed we're all setted in a not-too-far future, so after Tirek's defeat.

P.S.: I completely understand your point of view on falling asleep in the cold  X3

After Tirek's defeat? So, no Frost Snow in this RP then since she disappeared 3 days after Tirek's defeat with some other ponies...
Hope Sparkle Chord won't go crazy and tries to find her because she's like her: they are both Crystal Unicorns.

Okay, let's move on. Uh... in my time zone, I need to sleep now so I'll do it later this little thing.
Question before going to sleep: Should I use the original or the robot version of my pony? x3 (Yes, there's the original version of the robot that I tried to join with earlier)

ScarletInk

Well, a robot pony may come in handy, but you're free to choose either one.
And thank you for coming again.  ^-^

Purple

Quote from: Julien999 on 2016 Jan 28, 16:07:04
After Tirek's defeat? So, no Frost Snow in this RP then since she disappeared 3 days after Tirek's defeat with some other ponies...
Hope Sparkle Chord won't go crazy and tries to find her because she's like her: they are both Crystal Unicorns.

lol, Sparkle shouldn't go crazy xD she has her coltfriend with her, so she's unlikely to worry about much for now :P

Julien999

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Jan 28, 21:36:18
lol, Sparkle shouldn't go crazy xD she has her coltfriend with her, so she's unlikely to worry about much for now :P

Basicaly, Sparkle have no idea what's going on around the world when she stick with her coltfriend. xD Nice... lost a friend (not really).

I think I'll take the robot version because that's the one that I tried to join with earlier. Now, I wonder how it will happen with a mimic bot with them. :P Okay, let's see in the sign-up thread :o

FakeSmile

Quote from: Julien999 on 2016 Jan 29, 07:11:12Then I'll say thank you for welcoming me. I wonder where you'll find her in the Solar Arrow. x3 I can't tell you if I'll make the situation worse or better.

Yeah that is what I was wonderin. Is the
robot pony gonna be in a pod or just
turned off somewhere on the ship?
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Julien999

I was already imagining her to be found somewhere on the ship and need to do two thing combined to wake her up. A boop and electricity.
All I can say: Pika boops. :P I feel stupid with that idea to turn her on, but it will at least make the pikachu useful. lol

Maplewood

well maple is heading down to the robotics bay

FakeSmile

Yeah, I think that would fit her
better to be found that way.
cc:
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Julien999

2016 Jan 29, 18:39:51 #319 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 30, 08:48:01 by Julien999
Quote from: Maplewood on 2016 Jan 29, 16:36:10
well maple is heading down to the robotics bay

That's the first time I heard "robotics bay", so I won't know much about it. x3