Is this all?

Started by Vick McBread, 2015 Mar 06, 04:20:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2015 Mar 14, 19:37:16
tell you what while this thread still exists im going to throw in a rather intresting question and that is

how would you all feel about a moderator run RP as I stated before I have been an RPer and a GM and if I was to run a game or even join one eventualy would it be to weird considering current position

Depends on what kind of RP it is...

X3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

waaaaaaah

Hmmm, a space rp. I like that idea.  And a moderator run rp would be interesting. I'm in :)
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

Vick McBread

2015 Mar 15, 16:23:37 #42 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 15, 16:33:35 by Vick McBread
Quote from: Somebeing on 2015 Mar 14, 18:52:45
Permission to take on the Space RP old friend? I have a plot which I am currently developing to take on.

Bro. go for it. But please have it be a sign in and require all RPers to put effort into their posts to retain a sort of feeling to the RP. Some of the best RPs can't be repeated because they had a certain FEEL to them. KEEP whatever feel. Keep it alive. Heed my words. Old friend? It's been so long. Tell me about our connections

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2015 Mar 14, 19:37:16
tell you what while this thread still exists im going to throw in a rather intresting question and that is

how would you all feel about a moderator run RP as I stated before I have been an RPer and a GM and if I was to run a game or even join one eventualy would it be to weird considering current position

......I don't think so. You're just a person. Not the Gestapo police.

OK LISTEN! I think if anyone is gonna make a space RP, I should at least be involved in the development, the story, event ideas, the setting, a hub, a disscussion, limitations of the RP.

Because I've done many good space RPs, and other Space RPs have fallen flat on their faces because the other RPer, or 1 person kept using words like "Door" "Window" "Bath tub" "Car" "Gas" "Ect" We need to be careful of who we let INTO this major RP. :c

Listen, I know what it takes to make an amazing Space RP. There are a million different things we can do, but we need to just choose ONE! Before we choose, we need to know our limitations, we need to know what we can do in that RP. We need to make sure it's a versatile RP atmosphere, theme, setting, concept, story, etc. THEN! We need to play it out, stick to the boundies, keep the RP alive, keep everyone happy. I have TONS of great Space Ideas, concepts, settings, etc.

Ok, I'm done.
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

Somebeing

2015 Mar 15, 17:58:49 #43 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 15, 18:04:34 by Somebeing
Agreed. I have an idea of what RP to revive:

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9195.0

Any thoughts?

Night Pony

Quote from: Somebeing on 2015 Mar 15, 17:58:49
Agreed. I have an idea of what RP to revive:

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9195.0

Any thoughts?

The owner of that RP says to not steal his idea but instead make your own. If you want Equestria 2500 so badly you can go to his forum.
PM me if you want a link.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Somebeing

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Mar 15, 18:06:15
The owner of that RP says to not steal his idea but instead make your own. If you want Equestria 2500 so badly you can go to his forum.
PM me if you want a link.

Thanks for the PM offer, I already have the link though.

I think that the idea of everyone controlling their own sort of fleet or mini empire is great. Just in a different setting or plot is all.

Vick McBread

Me and him did a 1 on 1 of that.... It was pretty awesome... I need to get back to him on that RP XD

Honestly I'm not into the whole "look at my planet. I run this planet."

I'd rather run a crew on a ship, a single individual caught up in said event, or setting.

annosrules

Same here. I'd prefer a more Star Trek atmosphere because it doesn't only make every character's role significant, but their is also relatively low combat as antagonists can be just as much environments as they can be opposing fleets.

Chibalt

Quote from: annosrules on 2015 Mar 16, 11:18:24
Same here. I'd prefer a more Star Trek atmosphere because it doesn't only make every character's role significant, but their is also relatively low combat as antagonists can be just as much environments as they can be opposing fleets.

Sounds quite interesting, and battles wouldn't be roflstomps done by really strong characters but instead a coordinated effort, though that'd require everyone important to regularly be online.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

annosrules

We may need the captain to be online more often than not, but the crew could also have non-player characters that do the jobs of the player characters when they aren't around, and since the player characters outrank their NPC counterparts, they simpy take over the task when they jump back in. And now that I think about it, even the captain isn't always needed, and his role could be passed down the chain of command.

Chibalt

Yeah, it'd be interesting to adapt characters to it though, I can actually think of how to adapt one of my characters already.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

annosrules

Same, I already have Blazing Legend knowing a how to use star charts and maps, and his 3D spatial sense would work wonders on an away team. I'm thinking Navigation's Officer or the like. Then Match Stick would probable be in a management position, possibly in the engineering department where his ample magical energies could be used to power the ship or something.

Chibalt

Frosty Skies, being a pegasus cryomancer and all, would probably be good to have on hoof for emergencies like fires or overheating along with in general just keeping cooling systems up and running or augment them with his own magic in a pinch, he'd also be decent on away teams since, so long as there's enough moisture in the air, he can freeze it to form things such as ice shields. Plus he can handle arctic temperatures without much of an issue, so that'd help too.

annosrules

WHY HASN'T ANYONE MADE THIS A THING YET!

Also we need a captain. I'd suggest Match Stick, but it would have to be after he matured a bit and not the Alternate Alternate World version where he turns evil... at least at first  0:)

Somebeing

Quote from: annosrules on 2015 Mar 16, 14:46:30
WHY HASN'T ANYONE MADE THIS A THING YET!

Also we need a captain. I'd suggest Match Stick, but it would have to be after he matured a bit and not the Alternate Alternate World version where he turns evil... at least at first  0:)

It takes time, devotion and laziness (mainly the third) to make a RP.

It'll be out Soon .TM

waaaaaaah

My OC Star Diver would be perfect for this rp ^-^ I'm not sure what position he could fill though. He's an excellent astronomer, and excells at telescopic magic
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

Ryo_D_Disk

Yes I probably should explain some more details and I will avoid giving spoilers away to it

Jump in- Im afaid a bit of a copy paste awnser but I have some ideas to set up another educational and shcool based RP a bit more open to all than some previous, admidily I have less write up for this one but some sub plots pre written. Although for certain levels of control all players would be students leaving GM's to be teachers

Sign up- A bit of recycling here but I have written and ready to go an adventure RP traveling to a lost temple found within the newly renwed to life Cystal kingdom (written just after sombra's defeat)

A Puzzle game that takes place accross many planes and worlds

and a few others that are still in planing

Vick McBread

2015 Mar 17, 16:37:46 #57 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 17, 16:47:25 by Vick McBread
So I've been reading the past posts after mine and... I love it. I love this. HOWEVER I think this RP would require several people running and maintaining it. I seriously don't think I can do it alone. And I don't' WANT to do it alone. I want other people in on this. I want to share this.

AND I have a few Ideas for Vick and I might work with many of my other OCs

Vick could either be:
An outside crew-member (floating in space, around the ship, most of the time...)
A small stealth-combat unit with a compact jet pack, adjustable ray gun, and space shovel XD
A pilot.
One things for sure tho: He'll know how to MOVE!

annosrules

So we have:
    ► Away Team Leader (Blazing Legend)
    ► Captain (Match Stick?)
    ► Astronomer/Navigator (Star Diver)
    ► Pilot (Vick McBread)

Chibalt

Quote from: annosrules on 2015 Mar 17, 17:22:18
So we have:
    ► Away Team Leader (Blazing Legend)
    ► Captain (Match Stick?)
    ► Astronomer/Navigator (Star Diver)
    ► Pilot (Vick McBread)

Don't forget Frosty Skies, though I'm not quite sure what kind of role he'd have specifically, maybe away team situational member/engineer, he probably wouldn't focus only on coolant systems, that'd be stupid.

Go Up