Atala, the lost city

Started by Grizzly, 2014 Jun 09, 02:32:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Grizzly

"Ug, what now." Blue sighed and rubbed her eyes. "Authorization granted."

"456 seconds ago the stellar sensors detected a new object in the orbit of this planet.
Shape: Unrecognized.
Position: Low planetary orbit.
Detected an energy signature.
Suggested actions: Activate shields and concentrate on gathering data."

The city's defense avatar explained with a noticeable urgency in its voice.
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Chibalt

Tundra huffed. "Low planetary orbit, that excludes any kind of asteroid, comet or such, energy signature narrows it even further, my guess is on a ship of some kind able to traverse space, if it's in a low orbit I might be able to get close and see what it is." He said while looking from the defense avatar to Blue, not really hiding all that much that he expected her to take a decision.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Grizzly

Blue covered her mouth and yawned. "Yeah, do that, just don't engage. Keep your distance."

Omega_Khaos

Tech looks to Blue befor saying, "[glow=navy,2,300]Avatar, one to transport to comand bridge.[/glow]"

Tech readies himself for transport. Through his technopathy, he sends the authorization signal to bring the main motion drive and defense shields online.

Chibalt

Tundra rolled his eyes when she yawned. "Will do, and would you at least maybe check if there's anything more you can do tl stave off the sleepiness? Ask the avatar or something, I worry a little about you really, too little sleep without the proper techniques to compensate it cqn be deadly. And caffeine is not a proper technique." He finished before running off to the nearest area he could take off, arriving at the docks in about a minute and immediately blasting off with sufficient force to leave marks on the metal as he flew quite literally like a projectile towards what he assumed was the unknown object, praying he wouldn't smash into it by accident, something he could probably survive, sure, but knew was not a pleasant experience.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Grizzly

The defense avatar nodded and transported Tech to the command bridge. When Tundra could see the object with his own eyes he could make out a somewhat triangle shape, a very large object resembling a rock, there were not clear exhausts nor other typical signs of a ship, jet its stayed in place, orbitally locked with the planet.

((wish i could write more but i'm totally erased now X__X its after midnight, i need sleep, so goodnight))

Omega_Khaos

2014 Sep 24, 13:30:06 #866 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 24, 13:31:43 by Omega_Khaos
On the main com system tech asks Tundra, "[glow=navy,2,300]So, hows it looking Tundra? Will we need to get Atala on the move?[/glow]"

Tech preps the city for lift off. "[glow=navy,2,300]Avatar, bring main drive core online. Shield systems to maximum output. Weapon systems on stand-by.[/glow]"

Snowcraft_Pony

Starlight walked into the room tiredly, she smelt of dog. "What's goin' on..?"

Chibalt

Tundra circled around the...thing, for a few more seconds, though at the speed he was moving around it he got a decent look at it before heading back to the city, landing on the dock with a resounding slam and taking a few moments to recover before walking back.

"Not sure, saw nothing that ineicated obvious weapons of any kind, it did look odd though, like a triangular rock. For all I know it might be harmless or it might be dangerous, I say at least keep the shields going and wait for them to make a move."

Grizzly

The avatar nodded to Tech's order.
"Shields activated.

The entire city got covered by a blue-green bubble of energy, protecting it fully.

Blue walked to the command center, yawning all the way. "Note to self, three days is too much." she whispered before entering the room. "So what do we know so far? And how far are we with restoring the archives?" The tired mare questioned and lied on her stomach in a chair.

Omega_Khaos

Tech tells Blue all he got from Tundra. "[glow=navy,2,300]Avatar, long ranged scanners please. Locking cords now.[/glow]"

Tech gives the cords for the object. He then says, in a computer like way, "[glow=navy,2,300]Access to archive records is currenly restricted to orange level and higher. Give voice confirmation for rank level scan.[/glow]"

Grizzly

Blue covered her mouth with her hoof and yawned. "Voice confirmation? I have red access, that's the highest clearance rank, so what am i supposed to say?" She was half asleep already, but shook her head to awake status.

Omega_Khaos

Tech points to a console and says, "[glow=navy,2,300]you can use that one to look up the archives. I think I may need to practice some more. Avatar, cross refrence the object with known data. Red and orange clearance level access granted.[/glow]"

Grizzly

Blue nodded and wobbled to the console. "Searching through the data." She said and did so, comparing the readings they had with the archives.

White Shimmer

2014 Sep 26, 10:55:03 #874 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 26, 11:43:24 by White Shimmer
"Fine, fine, i am following the assignment!", White said angrily, as he headed to the command center, a bright and annoying hologram stuck in front of his face. "Stubborn systems... can't even get some sleep."
After just a moment, he entered the central, forcing a smile on his face as the text disappeared. "Assigned Engineer Alpha-3 here. What's goin - i mean, what's the situation?", he asked, yawning slightly and looking around.

Omega_Khaos

Tech smiles and says, "[glow=navy,2,300]Glad to see ya up and about again. Take station 3 if you will. You have been drafted to be navigator until one more qualified steps up. Blue, for now, would you mind if I go ahead and pilot Atala?[/glow]"

Tech turns on his com and to Tundra and says, "[glow=navy,2,300]Gotcha Tundra. Why don't you take the sensor station, when you get here.[/glow]"

Grizzly

Blue nodded and walked to an odd shaped chair and hopped in it. In a lying position a hologram displayed all she needed to know in front of her eyes, and via the interface stuck to her hoof she established connection. "We don't actually know how to fly this thing, do we?" She asked, but was prepared to improvise.

Omega_Khaos

Tech says, "[glow=navy,2,300]If it is similar to what I flew back home, shouldn't be much of a problem. What's the status of our orbital friend?[/glow]"

White Shimmer

2014 Sep 27, 07:30:37 #878 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 27, 13:52:23 by White Shimmer
White took another careful look at the big screen, before stepping to his console and launching his navigation systems, creating a more zoomed out hologram for himself.
"No strange activity, object is staying in orbit. The energy signature is changing a bit, but from the past readings it seems like that's normal. Also, if you want to fly Atala, i give clearance. Sky is clear... no storm or any known danger in scan range."

He smiled and nodded, before quietly turning back and running some side scans.

Grizzly

"Alright, my screen is saying that we don't have enough energy for longer flights." Blue said.

Go Up