Atala, the lost city

Started by Grizzly, 2014 Jun 09, 02:32:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Maplewood

((Thats the thing the blast gave him plasma wounds which are like white phosphorus in the sense that they continue to burn away at the skin, and there was no post about him being healed in fact you kinda just left him  :c))

hazardtime

After a bit of walking, Team Vigilant finally made it to the command center.  While Vigilant pored over maps and memorized the various districts of the city (Downloading them to his multi-tool for good measure), the two privates did what most privates do while their superiors play around with maps:  play rock-paper-scissors.  After a few minutes that started to dull, so they moved on to seeing who could lean back the farthest in their chair without falling over.

An idle private is Discord's workshop; should they linger, it won't be long before they start headbutting the table into splinters.

Grizzly

Quote from: Maplewood on 2014 Sep 16, 01:37:50
((Thats the thing the blast gave him plasma wounds which are like white phosphorus in the sense that they continue to burn away at the skin, and there was no post about him being healed in fact you kinda just left him  :c))

((oh dang!))

Blue walked to the command center as her communicator came to life with an urgent message. One member of the expedition was in critical state, she was needed. Blue galloped fool speed to the room where Maple was, and as soon as she was there, after putting on a mask, she quickly started to heal his wounds, two nurses assisting as she preformed an internal magical surgery. The operation will take several hours.

An AI appeared in the command center. "Welcome to the command center. I am Icarus, the defense avatar and i shall now record your debriefing"
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

hazardtime

Vigilant looked over towards the holo panel as the recruits stopped their heads just inches from hitting the table and looked as well.  The sergeant rolled his eyes and groaned; he hated dealing with AIs, just put an actual aide in the room.

He approached the AI and spoke, "Mission debrief, Sergeant Vigilant Honor, Equestrian Expeditionary Force to Atala.  At approximately 16:00 hours, I and my fireteam were conducting a brief combat patrol of the coastline when we were set upon by a giant crustacean.  Thanks to Valiant Sword's bravery, we were able to lure it back out into the ocean and fall back into the city.  Status of creature is unknown, assume alive and unharmed."

Grizzly

"Debriefing recorded. You are dismissed." The AI disappeared.

Blue continued her healing work on Maple.

((i have to go for now, so if you wish a time skip to where Maple is alright i'm OK with it.))

Maplewood

Maple had never felt better before in his life and not from somepony acknowleding that he was hurt but being  healed. "Thanks doctor "maple coughed getting up his cybernetic parts still holding him up .

Omega_Khaos

Tech gets on his communicator and says, "[glow=navy,2,300]Blue, ready on this end to spin up the main drive. The new engine program and algorithms are in place and active.[/glow]

Grizzly

Blue picked up the communicator. "Great, finally some good news." She smiled. "Do we have everything to try opening the portal?"

Chibalt

Tundra turned on his own communicator, it being somewhat distorted by the large amount of magic he was working with while repairing some of the runes responsible for the more minor systems, having put them off until now. "Think so, everything rune-related connected to the portal should be repaired and functioning properly, just give me a warning on when you're gonna open it and I'll be there."
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Grizzly

"Alright. Tundra and Tech, meet me in the portal room." Blue ordered and turned off the communicator. She rubbed her eyes and yawned and walked to the portal chamber. Her eyes were baggy and her mane and tail messed up, she didn't sleep for the last two days.

Omega_Khaos

Tech takes one look at Blue, when he gets there and says, "[glow=navy,2,300]We are not attempting to open a portal with you in that state. A medical pony should and must be at 100% when attempting something dangerous. You our fearless leader need rest. As the tech advisor of this expedition, I advise you not to open the portal till rest of at least medical approved length has been taken. In other words, take a nap captain. You need it.[/glow]"

Grizzly

Blue sighed. "Your concern is noted, appreciated and dismissed. I assure you, once we have the portal operational i will take a long rest. Now, are we ready to establish a connection?"

Omega_Khaos

Tech says, "[glow=navy,2,300]Yes am ready on my end.[/glow]

Chibalt

Tundra appeared a little after Blue and Tech, pretty much the only indication he'd been doingreally anything being a ruffled mane and some already disappearing tiny scratches on his hooves. "Sorry, had to finish up a little repair of some of the rune installations, they're deteriorated to the point that if another year had passed they would just fizzle out and leave half the place in the dark. Anyways the portal should be operable for us magic-wise, and Blue, you seriously need to take a nap, or at least get something to help keep you awake."
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Grizzly

"Don't worry, i already took something." Blue said ti Tundra with a sigh, she picked up her communicator and announced to everyone. "Alright, we are ready to activate the portal. Medical staff on high alert, just in case." She put the communicator down and walked to the markings on the ground near the portal, stepping on it with the golden hoof horseshoe/bracelet and closed her eyes.

The circuitry on the walls and floor started to glow, converting magical and electrical energy towards the portal, its inner rings started to vibrate and turn. The entire city shook gently as the ancient device started to come to life. The rings of the portal were glowing with a brilliant white light, and in the empty space in the middle of the portal something began to form.

Maplewood

Maple had been trying to find his room and walked in surprised and grateful to see some other pony he looked pretty battle worn with scar's all over his burned area.

Chibalt

Tundra frowned a little as he just realized something he hadn't thought of about the portal, something that really worried him. "I just thought of something a little unsettling, if we can run the portal from here and got here through it, what's stopping others from doing the same to get here or to our home?" He pointed out while watching the portal somewhat cautiously.

Grizzly

Blue wondered about Tundra's question. "That's a very good question. At this point the only thing stopping anything from going to our homes through here are we..." suddenly a yellow alert sounded, the portal shut down and the cities defense Avatar appeared. "Orbital anomaly detected."

Chibalt

2014 Sep 23, 17:47:59 #858 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 23, 17:49:39 by Chibalt
Tundra flinched as the alarm suddenly triggered, turning around and looking at the defense avatar in a single motion.. "We can talk more about that later, let's see what the hay's triggered this alarm, the portal shutting down during an alarm is a bit annoying though, might look at that later. Avatar, what information do we have on it? A picture or something like that might help too."

Omega_Khaos

Tech says, "[glow=navy,2,300]Avatar, defense code alpha, voice authorization rank level orange.[/glow]"

The runes on tech appear once again as he senses the orbital anomally. He looks like a walking rune matrix with them active. He turns to Blue and says, "[glow=navy,2,300]Lady Blue Star, request authorization level red for main drive activation.[/glow]"

Go Up