Imagine this... Pixel High

Started by Jaywo, 2014 Jun 02, 18:36:47

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jaywo

Understandable is this gets moved to video games.

Imagine a future where when you are asked to go to school, you log onto your computer.
Imagine a program that teaches you everything taught in school, but these classrooms are set in a virtual high school.
Imagine gaming and schooling combined.
Imagine the future of homeschooling.
Imagine Pixel High.

This was a crazy idea by a few lazy seiners, but tell me what you think. ^-^
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Midnight Breeze

I'm imagining a world where every child graduates high school without anything resembling social skills.  :s

Children and teens learn not only from the academics of public high school, but they also learn valuable life skills from interaction with their fellow students. That's why I believe home-schooling should only be used when it's medically necessary.

Jaywo

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 02, 18:40:50
I'm imagining a world where every child graduates high school without anything resembling social skills.  :s

Children and teens learn not only from the academics of public high school, but they also learn valuable life skills from interaction with their fellow students. That's why I believe home-schooling should only be used when it's medically necessary.

And we're all antisocial.
I guess that's why we thought of this. lol
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 02, 18:40:50

^ Pretty much what I was going to say.

If everyone was homeschooled, they'd still need to be required to go to some public thing with other people in their age range. A crucial part of psychological development is socialization. Children and teenagers must interact with others around their age group and learn how to behave in a social environment, make friends, deal with conflict, etc.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up