General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Jul 14, 01:12:21
It's no big deal anyway. I've been checking back with serebii more often than usual and see what news is coming up for sun/moon versions. As for the videos, i've already subscribed the gamexplain, the official pokemon channel, and nintendo to check out some information and analysis on sun/moon versions.

We already know how slow this thread is going right now and there's not much pokemon games to talk about besides sun/moon and pokemon go right now and the app is the big talk of it. I'm pretty sure that some of us have iPhone 4 which the app can't support as I know about and some of us are just waiting for the opportunity to upgrade the phones into iPhone and/or android just to play pokemon go.

Speaking of the sun & moon version, the pictures I posted from dA (via EQD's drawfriend stuff recently), we can use'em on the 1st post too, but i wish there was a banner version for them.

I didn't like those pics. I prefer the ones that were made a few/several months ago (which are the current ones).

And I, myself, am not talking about Pokémon GO because I can hardly play it. You guys still can, of course. (I'll just be quietly sitting back if you do.)
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

I don't even know if Pokemon go is still Safe enough to play. It's been all over the news and facebook trends recently and a lot of ppl are just risking their lives to play pokemon go. I hope in a couple of months, there will be some changes to pokemon go and make it more less dangerous.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Pipkin

It's dangerous for the same reason walking around while texting on your phone is dangerous.  If you look up and watch where you are and where you're going there's no issues.

This coming from someone who still can't play the stupid game while the rest of my friends are raving about it.  Loved spending half of BronyCon watching all the Americans enjoy their release...

Chromastone64

Well, it's avalible in England now, and I STILL can't play it. Runs like molasses on my phone. So either A. they botched up the port to the UK, or B. my phone's not good enough, and I need a new one...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

KirbyFluttershy

If you guys are having issues playing pokemon Go on your smartphones, What I know so far is that you're using an iPhone 4 so you need a iPhone 6 or better. If android, I'm not sure, but you need the latest model for android phones

also another advice for pokemon go app. Be sure to check your surroundings and stay alert at all times. I know some places aren't safe to go, play, and hunt and some places are restricted where you can go hunting at like the emergency service places.

I know a lot of people have been risking their lives playing the app, but they haven't been staying alert and checking their surroundings at all times.

Chromastone64

More new Pokemon, and from the looks of it, a ground type that isn't completely hideous!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

Concerning Hyper Training:

Quote from: SerebiiA new mode called Hyper Training is announced. With Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths, which has never been possible before. It utilises Bottle Caps as an item in order to boost the stats. Magearna will be given one when distributed.

Chromastone64

Rikaria

How hilarious if there was a Team Rocket reference in Sun/Moon lol

(I mean... this IS an anniversary, so why not :P)

KirbyFluttershy

So they're changing Super Training into Hyper Training? That's new.

As for the new pokemon, When I looked at mimikyu, I was like oh wow A pikachu wannabe pokemon. Comfey caught my attention for the ability, but it seems cool to have one.

For those of you guys that are planning on getting pokemon go, well if you think that there's a problem playing it other than smartphone reasons, well if you guys are staying at home and don't go out often as I do, I would suggest Not getting it although if you go out weekly for shopping and groceries, those will work.

Rikaria

Spoiler: New Pokémon and more • show

I... I don't know how I feel about this... the Alola Forms part, I mean. I like Vulpix and Ninetales, but what warrants these and other Pokémon to get different looks and typing? Wouldn't it be kinda unfair to the others, or are they treating them the same way as Mega Evolutions in which they're underused?

Also, are we getting Gym Leaders or not?

Stardust Dragon

I sort of lost it at the Aloha forms: I love Ninetails and Sandslash to death, and suddenly they both have the chance to be my favorite type, ice?   :3
I do wonder why it's those two families that are getting different treatment, or if there are more of our old friends that are going to have new surprises for us.

Rikaria

I'm gonna rage if Bellossom doesn't get some sort of treatment >.>

Chromastone64

Am I the only one whose thought train kinda went like:
HOLY CRUD THAT EXEGGCUTOR IS HORRIFYING?!

KirbyFluttershy

Well my reactions or opinions on the new pokemon, forms, and moves. 50ft tall Exeggutor. That's gotta be the tallest of grass types next to tropius. I was interested in the new vulpix and ninetales forms although they do look cute though. This is the 1st that we've seen a Ice/Fairy type from ninetales and Ice/Steel Type from sandshrew family.

As for the solar Blade, I believe it's the physical attack version of solar beam, but I do wonder if it will do 1-move execution when sunny day / Drought / Desolate Land are in effect. It's pretty neat though.

For the dancing birds, The ability can only copy dance-like moves such as sword, quiver, fiery, and rain dance although I still like talonflame better among the other flying types.

Fomantis and Lurantis does seem to catch my interest though.

I did hear people saying that they did a phoenix wright reference in sun & moon version which is the gumshoos.

I was impressed by the Z-Move (although it does remind me a lot like soultimate moves in yo-kai watch). The question is that what's gonna happen to the mega evolution?

Stardust Dragon

I burst out laughing at Exeggutor: it just looks so dopey, I love it.  I've got to wonder how you change form for all those Pokemon: does it just happen, or do they have to be born in that form?  Going off past experience I'd guess that you can change form more or less at will, which is good because I literally just rebred my Sandslash Dustin and Ninetails Yumi.
And Bellossom would be perfect for the Alola region, now I'M going to be mad if nothing happens with it!

I saw this first on Pokemon's main site, but here's a little more detail on it: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/01/pokemon-company-announces-interactive-z-ring-toy
Seems we're going to get a toy version of the Z-Ring that actually can activate when you use an in-game Z-Move.  Kinda gimicky, but I actually kind of like the idea, in the nerdiest way possible: I might actually buy physical Pokemon goods for that one. 

KirbyFluttershy

Well I'm hoping for new mega evolutions like flygon, milotic, and the rest of the starters. I think that some water, grass, and ground types should deserve a mega evolution in alola region.

For those of you guys that are still playing pokemon go, I heard reports that the app will die easily also some of the stores will not take any pre-orders on pokemon go plus device. They'll sell out fast once they're in-stock at the stores. That's what I heard when I got the arceus code card from gamestop so who knows what's gonna happen to these pokemon go plus device.

Rikaria

Heads up: the Volcanion distribution is finally happening this October for the rest of the world. North America will be via GameStop serial code cards; no clue for Europe, though. Also, here's the movie trailer for Volcanion and Magearna:

Spoiler: EDIT: A further look into the most recent official Sun/Moon reveal trailers • show

Spoiler: EDIT 2: More Pokémon • show
[quote=Serebii]The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. The little sandcastle is called Sunabaa while the big one is called Shirodesuna. Both are Ghost/Ground-type. Pre-evolved Bewear is called Nuikoguma and remains Normal/Fighting. And the fish is Yowashi which is a Water-type and appears to have the ability to change its appearance from its Single Form into a larger fish, its School Form. Alolan Meowth & Marowak are also confirmed. Alolan Meowth is Dark-type while Alolan Marowak is Fire/Ghost-type. Alolan Meowth developed after being bred by the royal family of Alola. Alolan Marowak developed in response to its natural predators in order to resist them. We also see the first bits of the antagonist team, Team Skull. Its boss is called Guzma and the girl is Plumeri. Next month's issue will contain a poster featuring Rockruff's "Secret Evolution".

[/quote]

Thunder Spin

Do not forget to use pokemon go, the lastest pokemon game :)

KirbyFluttershy

My brothers are the only ones that are playing pokemon go, but my nephews are playing the game as well although they only like the kanto region pokemon. Probably by the time I get pokemon sun & moon versions, we can play together. I'm trying to see if i can teach my nephew how to play some pokemon games other than pokemon go.

I hope pokemon go will add johto pokemon on the later updates. I guess there's not much to talk about pokemon go even though it'll die out easily till new pokemon and updates come in.

Go Up