My First Let's Play!

Started by pokegirlsky, 2014 May 14, 17:50:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

pokegirlsky

2014 May 14, 17:50:12 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 01, 21:13:29 by CrabApple
Here It is.. and yes the person in the facecam in really me  0:)  So here it is.

Just a reminder please dont post images/videos showing your face.

AaronMk

Well, I suppose it's a solid enough start if you're looking to pursue LP'ing. At least as a regular hobby. And hey, according to STAR it can help with public speaking! But there's some elements I should address.

What is the value of the scare cam? I'm putting money on this game not really being a horror game so there's minimal reason to have your face on screen, as if scare-cams had much value anymore anyways in the world of ham-acting.

And if your audience can get onto YouTube then they can presumably read, which is why they're on YouTube. You shouldn't need to read over on-screen text.

Also, if you're going to do any commentary then it's well-encouraged to do it in post. Live commentary is something that's in the field of "familiar with the subject matter". And if the commentary is going to have questions of, "Who is this? Is this me?", then I would hazard it's not in that field. Not in the sense of STAR_ live TF2 commentaries. But I think even when it comes down to doing that he gives himself at least a day to play with the new content he is talking about.

And I wouldn't go to Live unless you're quick and good at telling improv jokes throughout or have prepared filler. And this is another boon of post, if you're new to commentary post-commentary has the advantage of you playing a game, or watching a video from start to finish so you know what to expect and you can prepare and write jokes before you edit over the audio.

And I feel if you're going to shoot for LP and you want to stand out to make the hobby worthwhile I'd maybe "study" someone, if that can be applied. Personally I'd encourage you look into the LP'ing faire of Chip and Ironicus (I'd recommend their Uncharted 2  LP or their Metal Gear LPs (even if MGS 1 lacks the god-king Ironicus)) or Diabeetus. But that's a certain level of Something Awful based LP'er bias.

I'd recommend STAR_ but these days it seems like he and his friend Jerma are just recording themselves doing funny stuff than the informative LP'ing styles that are the above, so I would put Chip and his friend and Diab above STAR. Even if he can be informative when he can. But there hasn't been a solid game-play update to Team Fortress 2 in a while.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Go Up