Skype trojan at large.

Started by Rissian, 2013 Apr 07, 00:16:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

If you do not trust a link sent from your friends, there are free ways of scanning a website for security issues
https://safeweb.norton.com/
You DO NOT have to download the lite version, just input the url you want to test and it should help keep you and your computer safe.

One helpful tip, never trust links that have been shortened, they can be the most suspicious

PrincessButton

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Apr 07, 12:51:13
Quote from: StarSong on 2013 Apr 07, 12:36:56
Oh my gosh! I was smart for once! Im used to people sending links in this method that are screamer links but not virus!

I thought it would be inappropriate link xD!

Blocked the person :P

I person didnt send you the link on purpose, it will send the link without them knowing it was sent
On Skype she said something about not wanting that person as a friend anyway..  X3
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Pipkin

Meh, I don't even know how to check messages on Skype...

The Silent Wolf

J, FlameandIce, told me to virus scan my computer since I had accidently clicked the link, luckily I didn't download the file or anything so I didn't have the trojan.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Lord of Madness

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Apr 07, 14:27:44
J, FlameandIce, told me to virus scan my computer since I had accidently clicked the link, luckily I didn't download the file or anything so I didn't have the trojan.

its counted usually as a skype program instead of a virus. so usually virus detection will not pick it up.

The Silent Wolf

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2013 Apr 07, 22:32:18
Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Apr 07, 14:27:44

its counted usually as a skype program instead of a virus. so usually virus detection will not pick it up.
Well I didn't send the hack message anytime according to the others, so either way I don't think I had it.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

The Stars

Ok, news from Madness has me believing that my Virus is clean, out of my system, but it left a life-long issue and just turned Skype into a massive CPU User :U Like, Being in a skype call doesn't even use this much on normal occasions, like, around 10-30% on both cores with a skype call and now using 50% just to run skype, which is running on only a single core :U

Technology... You make me ANGRY.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Rissian

2013 Apr 10, 23:51:54 #27 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 10, 23:55:10 by Trege
Quote from: The Stars on 2013 Apr 10, 23:35:55
Ok, news from Madness has me believing that my Virus is clean, out of my system, but it left a life-long issue and just turned Skype into a massive CPU User :U Like, Being in a skype call doesn't even use this much on normal occasions, like, around 10-30% on both cores with a skype call and now using 50% just to run skype, which is running on only a single core :U

Technology... You make me ANGRY.

You should, try re-installing skype If the CPU is still being hogged then it isn't likely fixed or clean yet. As that's not normal for Skype to do under any circumstance. Someone mentioned this thing was used to harvest bit coins or something and if it's still using your CPU it's probably still being stupid and harvesting them. After you uninstall skype try running CCleaner to clean the registry.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner (Cleaning the registry is sometimes dangerous though so be careful and back it up, when it asks you to.)

(If skype is gone anything connected to it in the registry should be removed by that hopefully.)

The Stars

Already been done... Twice :U Neeeeext XD
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Go Up