My OC Atlis or Atlas

Started by ThePolarAtlis, 2014 Jun 07, 00:23:47

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ThePolarAtlis

2014 Jun 07, 00:23:47 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 07, 01:41:22 by ThePolarAtlis
This my OC Atlis or Atlas if you want to get technical.

Name: Made it Obvious

race: Earth pony

Looks:

Cutie mark: Compass

Talent: ADVENTURING (Mostly Dungeoneering and map making)

Home Town: Originally born in Detrot Atlis was delivered to his pegsus uncle in cloudsdale by his mom for an unknown reason at an early age. Atlis was the only earth pony to live in cloudsdale at the time. Atlis and his uncle moved to a kingdom called Somnora after Atlis was greatly bullied by the Pegasi for being an Earth pony.

Backround: Like I said Atlis was born in Detrot but he never knew his parents because he moved to Cloudsdale to live with his uncle at an early age. He was unable to move around a lot in cloudsdale for he was an earth pony. His uncle for whom Atlis was living with at the time tried to fined a way for his nephew to walk on clouds. on Atlis's 4th birthday his uncle gave Atlis an amulet that let him walk on clouds. However Atlis was bullied for being an earth in a town filled with pegusi. Atlis and his uncle moved to Somnora, a kingdom far north to live a peaceful life.
At age 8 Atlis got his cutie mark for exploring is backyard (it was large forest) and having a sense of direction. At age 14 he decided to go back to Equestria to figure out who is parents are (He's still searching). At age still 14 Atlis was at a lose. After hearing that his uncle died of heart failure he went into grieving. After requesting to have his uncle buried in Canterlot (his uncle was born there) Atlis had realize that he had no more living family. He couldn't live by himself in his uncle's house until he turned 16 so he tried to seek refuge some where. Unable to leave canterlot because of money issues tried to find somepony that would take him in (Which about 99% of the residents were jerks to him). After that Atlis just decided to give up until a little event happed for him. Atlis was trying to get some money by begging and Celestia saw him. Celestia walked up to him and she offered him some food. Atlis said yes to the offer that the princess gave him he went back to the castle with Celestia. Atlis was given some food and clean water courtesy of Celestia. Atlis wondered if Celestia would let him live here until he was 16. Atlis told Celestia about his current situation that he wasn't aloud to live by him self until he was 16 and he ask if he could live here until he was 16. Celestia agreed to let him live here until he was 16. For once Atlis felt like he got a break. Celestia shows Atlis his room in the castle (Atlis got lost like 500000 times in the castle). After 2 years living with Celestia (He learned manners at the speed at Clint Eastwood X Chuck Norris) he left back to Somnora to live in his new house. He got a job for map making in in Somnora, Equestria, and in the wilderness. now he is in ponyville having an adventure.

Personality: Calm and happy with a mix of insanity.

Tiger

Well, this is a nice guy to start out with C: At least his colour scheme isn't one of those extremely common ones, so you get a plus for that :D

There are some things that are confusing me, though.

Firstly, what do you mean by "Atlis or Atlas"? Which one is his name, Atlis or Atlas? Or do you mean he's referred to with both names?

Second, how is an Earth Pony born in Cloudsdale? It's a nice concept, but since pegasi are the only ones that can walk on clouds naturally I'd expect an earth pony infant to fall right through the clouds when he's born and could probably be plummeting to the ground at breakneck speeds after that. Maybe that part needs a little more elaboration.

And... wait, he doesn't know who his parents are? So the pony that gave birth to him in Cloudsdale just left him there? Why was he living in Cloudsdale then? Without any sort of unicorn or pegasi help he would fall right through the clouds and it's not a suitable place to live if you keep falling through the floor.

Some parts need elaboration, but apart from that, it's good! C:

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

ThePolarAtlis

2014 Jun 07, 01:28:52 #2 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 07, 01:42:04 by ThePolarAtlis
Atlis's name was always spelled Atlas instead of Atlis so he just learned to live with both name spelling and pronunciation.

I should fix where Atlis was born Just give me some credit for originality because i'm trying to survive off of energy drinks and trips to the bathroom.

Lastly Atlis never remembers who his real parents are and every time he asks his Uncle he just says they're very important ponies to Atlis.

Also Dat profile pic bro.

Shadow Mare

Your OC likes adventures? Looks like my OC Marine has a new friend.

ThePolarAtlis

Go Up