gaming's loss

Started by dark fluttershy, 2013 Sep 07, 21:26:48

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

dark fluttershy

i'v been looking at all the story's into gaming as a sector , it looks bad  as over the last year or so we have lost Atari and THQ, pandemic, Hudson Soft, Radical Entertainment, 38 Studios and Big Huge Games etc.
i can't help but think with the net gen only 12/13 weeks away and fan-boys raging like its ww3 i feel that if we can all agree on one thing it's that gaming is loosing some legends even Sony and rock-star have lost studios, and now Nintendo is at a tipping point, Atari downfall started with the  Atari Jaguar after that they moved to only making games and i fear with playstation move and kinect 2.0 the wii + wii u will lose its selling point, we can tell there fighting for air with the 2DS but at this time games are there selling point but with most franchises such as zelda and Mario coming to there "playbill end" Nintendo could fall into just another game developer, so the point of all of this i think on the day when the ps4 is released the last next gen to come out (this is not because i am a fan-boy it's just timing) it will mark the point were the next gen is out there the new gaming world i think that when we sit in the lobby's and dashboard's we take some time  to think about how we have lost Atari who started the home console revolution and all the studios that have fallen, and think that we may loose the most note worthy of them all , Nintendo, this is not about just gaming its about what people have made who spend days writing code, bug hunting and beta testing, so take some time to think as you sit about what we have lost what we my loose and what most of all, how will you honor the fallen legends of gaming?.
the orignal dark fluttershy, fan fic pending

image upload no compression

Night Pony

Radical Entertainment have only themselves to blame when they ruined their most successful game.

Old ones may be going away but new ones will take their place. Take Ubisoft for example. Only they have several great games all lined up like Raymam: legends, Watch Dogs, AC: Black Flag and The crew.

P.S. PC master platform!

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Book Smarts

Would have to have to agree with Night Pony. The video game industry is always shifting and changing. Video game companies like THQ closed down, but there was a giant ip(individual property) rush that's allowing for smaller companies too have a chance at a dramatic growth spurt. This is made possible because every ip had its own devoted fan base that could become potential consumers.   

Rissian

Nintendo's still in a pretty good state. Super Mario 3D world looks like it'll be awesome and I want to get Mario and Luigi Dream Team. Plus the new pokemon gen is looking nice so far. But yeah some people have said they may not like SSBU as much as SSBB. What sucks even more is I heard they removed storymode from SSBU because people uploaded videos showcasing every brawl cut scene in the space story mode.

narwhaliagames

Quote from: Trege on 2013 Sep 08, 20:16:42
Nintendo's still in a pretty good state. Super Mario 3D world looks like it'll be awesome and I want to get Mario and Luigi Dream Team. Plus the new pokemon gen is looking nice so far. But yeah some people have said they may not like SSBU as much as SSBB. What sucks even more is I heard they removed storymode from SSBU because people uploaded videos showcasing every brawl cut scene in the space story mode.
2ds
ay i'm no longer using this site

Rissian

The 2DS is pretty valuable for people who could not afford the 3ds. As it costs $130 or so compared to the 3DS costing $180. I see no problem with it and it was a good move for nintendo since now more people can play their games that don't have a lot of money. And that is a pretty good price cut. I think today people just want to complain about every single thing for no reason, I see it everywhere on the internet. And I see it all the time in the comments on articles talking about the 2ds.  :c

Shadow Mare

Who honestly cares about a story mode in SSB?

dark fluttershy

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Sep 10, 08:27:17
Who honestly cares about a story mode in SSB?

i agree i don't like using the 3Ds and don't want one but the games i want are on that system so 2ds is good for my gaming needs.
the orignal dark fluttershy, fan fic pending

image upload no compression

Go Up