Potential RP ideas!

Started by indigoEruption, 2015 Jun 03, 00:15:56

previous topic - next topic

What RP idea would you like to see eventually on the forums?

Highschool AU! Cute ponies, cute uniforms!
1 (9.1%)
Noir-like AU! Gritty detectives in a city forever covered in night!
0 (0%)
Haunted Mansion AU! Spooky exploration! Spooky pony ghosts!
0 (0%)
Mysterious Greyscale Villain! Where did all the color go?
6 (54.5%)
Snow Time! Let's all stay at a cabin resort!
1 (9.1%)
Ancient Aquaducts!  Explore an ancient land where olde unicorns have warmed a world into their own type!
3 (27.3%)
OTHER...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

indigoEruption

2015 Jun 03, 00:15:56 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 05, 00:06:44 by mirustal
Hey there! Your local Miru here! I'm here to talk about potential themes for roleplays, otherwise known as 'Alternate Universes'! I decided to show four ideas that could be done, hopefully with a different feel for each person! I might even begin some of them. I might even paint some scenes from them, assuming the event leaves an impact on me, AND if they're even made!

First up, an AU that was popular in my old fandom; the Highschool AU! Keeps people together and would be a bit more 'uniform' than Canterlot University! We're going full anime here, folks! Slice of Life and Sakura trees! Find a senpai! Or not! Get good grades! Or not! (You really should though) Socialize on the beautiful school grounds, but be careful! [glow=red,2,300]This school will not tolerate any violence, and you might get expelled![/glow]

Second, an edgy AU where you got shady ponies in trench coats and sneering pedestrians in a damp city forever cloaked in night time not caused by Princess Luna! Be a detective! Be a policeman! Be a criminal! Will you be the lass who needs saving, or are you going to be the dame to get the private eye out of trouble? Enjoy the public transportation in the form of monorails!

Of course, its nowhere near time for Halloween yet, but how about going through a haunted house with a friend or two? Explore this spooky home and be wary of the friendly spirits welcoming you to come play with them! Ohoho!

And now...For the biggest  [glow=red,2,300]PLOT DRIVEN AU[/glow]... A world of black and white! All the color across Equestria has lost their color, starting at each major city! Even some of the ponies who lingered there have lost their colors, and even fair Ponyville has fallen to this sad curse! [glow=red,2,300]There are no leads on who this mysterious villain that is causing all of this is, as no suspicious figures have been seen.[/glow] This story and plot HAS been planned out, and will have story updates now and then, as well as potential BAD ENDINGS. This will depend on ponies teaming up and working together to get the best ending they can muster! Good luck, my friends!

I was always a sucker for winter themes. How about a Christmas holiday up at a Ski/Cabin resort? Let us all come and bond together and just generally enjoy the indoor warmth together, or even make snowmen or ski! What a wonderful winter wonderland!

Ancient Aquaducts! Find yourself in a mysterious misty world governed by old style Unicorns of this style. Please be aware no magic disrupting magic is allowed, as their immense magic is keeping their private world in form. Also, what kind of guest would you be if you wrecked an entire city? A very bad guest, that's what! (ANCIENT AQUADUCT AU ADDED JUNE THIRD)

OTHER is for if you have an RP idea that you think people would like and would stick within the forum's boundries! Please, share with us your ideas!

Naura

I like the Greyscale idea, I an a sucker for giant mysteries with different endings x3
One of my favorite games was 999, not the same plot as the greyscale idea, but you had to be really smart, and there were atleast 9 different endings of what I remember. But yeah, excited for all of these different ideas! Except Anime School, since I have had bad experience with those in the past, plus I am not too good at making stuff out of reality, I prefer a little fantasy or mystery theme.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

GoldenTerrabyte

I do like the grey idea and the mystery idea!
I'm back

waaaaaaah

I like the grey idea too :)
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

Gracie Sky

I'm a more story oriented pony, so I'd be most interested in the RP with a defined antagonist and a premise not exclusively revolving around teenage drama.

Still, though, the RPers are what make the RP great. If the RPers are dedicated and skilled, I can forsee a great RP.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Greyscaleisme

Oh man, the gritty AU would be an amazing place for my OC, her checkered past and all... But the Greyscale AU! That sounds amazing! And I love Halloween and Christmas... Gaaaahhhhh, I can't decide. *cries*
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

indigoEruption

It is okay friend! We got all the time in the world to decide! That is the purpose of the poll, yes! I might eventually even crank all these out, the most popular being first. No worries!

Slinter Whooves

I like the ski-resort and haunted house ideas
"Tea and cupcakes and muffins are....BAE!!!"

GoldenTerrabyte

Now, the main reason I'm not interested in the school RP(which may or may not be the others' reasons) is simply because I've tried more than one school RP in my time, and they all end the same way; people just having no idea what to do in the RP.
I'm back

indigoEruption

I was curious to see how many really wanted a School RP, complete with possible fieldtrips and whatnot. However, this is practically as story-free as you can get, and is hard to keep moving due to (like you said) nobody have an idea what to do when on their own. If it makes you feel any better, the heavily story driven AU is in the lead.

FakeSmile

Yeah, the school AU is cool
but it would need a heavy
story AND someone who
is on often to help keep
the flow of the story.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

indigoEruption

*clears throat and puffs out my chest while staring at the FakeSmile friend*

FakeSmile

The Miru Friend has confirmed
that they will be willin' to be