What ring tones do you like/use?

Started by Rissian, 2012 Aug 21, 05:18:06

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

I was bored sitting around and got a text message from a friend which kind of made me want to make a random topic like this anyways if you have a phone what ring tone do you use? I have two ring tones my phone uses one for people on my contact list and one for unknown numbers.

Contact list ring tone :

Unknown number ringtone :
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

My phone is capable of using full songs as ringtones, which is fun to mess with.  ovO

(I'm not sure if this belongs in music or off topic, I guess it could kind of fit in either area.)

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 21, 05:37:45 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 21, 05:39:43 by Chishio Kunrin
I wish I could make custom ringtones and somehow get them onto my cell phone. I'd probably end up cycling through them as I get tired of one.

Maybe one of Tobuscus's "I Can Swing My Sword" song or something. "Do you like my sword sword, sword my diamond sword, sword? No one else can make a sword exactly in this manner, manner. Welcome to my manor, manor! I ca-ca-ca-ca-canna canna, swing swing swing my sword sword whenever I get bored bored!"
Yes, I would cut out some of the lyrics on purpose.

Or one of his Dramatic Song. "If you must know, then picture this: Fifty billion rainbows, and the sun is setting, and the moon is setting also, and you're there in a gazebo. And god descends from heaven, and he gives you a million dollars!"

Of course, Screw The Nether by the Yogscast and Inthelittlewood. Not sure which part(s) I'd use, since the whole thing is just great, and I can't pick a favorite part.

And maybe some others by other people that I can't seem to think of right now.

I really wish that my cell phone would let me change the sound it makes when I get a text message. It doesn't have that option. The first thing I'd set it as is a line from DeliciousCinnamon's playthrough of Vietnamese Pokemon Crystal: "FEARFUL!!!"
Predictably, I'd get tired of hearing my phone scream "FEARFUL!!!" at me after a while. But I still think it'd be cool. Maybe another text alert option would be Tobuscus saying "Boop!" or the victory music from Final Fantasy 7, or "I am a MONSTER... coach." from DeliciousCinnamon's playthrough of aforementioned Pokemon game.

With the mention of DeliciousCinnamon, I guess a ringtone I'd make and use less often would be:
" 'Do you feel mystery?' Hmm, I do feel quite mystery."
"I feel kinda FEARFUL!!!"
Ahhh, I really need to start watching that series again. The two guys who commentate it are hilarious. lol

Actually, I could get a wonderful variety of text alerts from that series alone.
"Steak have a pillory."
"Volcano bakemeat!"
"Pizza used prize!"
"Numbed, CAN'T DO!"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Firey

The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

SapphirePony

My ringtone is:
Spoiler: show

While the ringtone I'm setting for the kid across my street is:

Sea Foam

It was this for a while:
   ovO

Now it's this:
  :3

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Rissian

2012 Aug 21, 16:46:06 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 21, 17:20:06 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 21, 05:37:45
I wish I could make custom ringtones and somehow get them onto my cell phone. I'd probably end up cycling through them as I get tired of one.

You might actually be able to depending on what kind of phone you have, mines a Sprint LG Rumor Touch phone, and it can use MP3's as ring tones but only by changing it from randomsong.mp3 to randomsong.3g2 your phone may also have that possibility depending on it's type.

Another ring tone I used to have a long time ago.

Johannes

Nonnavlis

My texting tone is the victory jingle from Final Fantasy 7, just like Cloud Strife in Advent Children XD. If I get a phonecall, it's the Crystal Theme. I always said that would be my setup when I got a phone, and I stuck with it.

I'm thinking of Ponifying it, though.

LaptopCommandStation

ATM-My ringtone is Bad Harmony :D
If I can set my text ringtone to something different, it will be Night of Pony's soundtrack, that sounds hilarious!

Stitchin Time

No phone, but I want to record my Skyler voice.

"You have a text."

"It's mom! Don't answer!"

"Random person you blocked..."

Book Smarts

Lord of Madness

daswed

This at max volume, almost scared my dad to death with it.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: daswed on 2012 Aug 22, 01:30:12
This at max volume, almost scared my dad to death with it.

PFFFFFT lol scaring parents with music ^_^

daswed

Well, my dad is 60 years old, and he likes music like Creedence clearwater revival, and Queen.

Ozzy

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: daswed on 2012 Aug 22, 10:09:42
Well, my dad is 60 years old, and he likes music like Creedence clearwater revival, and Queen.

lol, i'm 22 and I like music like Creedence Clearwater revival and Queen

Lary

I don't use ringtones. I don't see the point. All it's supposed to do is tell you that someone is calling you. It's nothing significant or anything.

Doesn't matter to me anyway, my phone is usually on vibrate.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

julian

This is my current ringtone. LOL
Remember everyone is unique, just like you <3

GuitarBrony

My phone's usually on vibrate, but if not, my call tone is the Metal Gear Solid codec tone. Text tone is the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers communicator ringer.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Go Up