What are your thoughts on Twilight becoming an Alicorn?

Started by Julius, 2013 Jan 29, 14:06:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

McSleuthburger

stop arguing between whether this thread should be open  or not
the moderators will make those decisions
for the last time please stay on topic or this will be locked
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Little Judas

2013 Feb 01, 12:07:13 #121 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 01, 12:09:26 by Little Judas
Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Feb 01, 08:40:44
...for the last time please stay on topic or this will be locked.

Technically this is also about whether this topic should be open or not and therefore prohibited... Catch-22!

OK, I'll be a good boy from now on... maybe just on-topic.

OT: The realization that this is a real thing and not a trolling hoax makes me that more anxious for the 16th.

I do wonder if this is where we see the point of that black book and hopefully some lines two.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Julius

Ah, yes, that book... I'm curious as well... They've certainly been building up for this last episode of the season, eh? :/

(Why is there no episode tomorrow also, if I may ask?) :I
Purr~

Night Pony

It's part of the plan. Leak the finale and then delay it for more hype.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

The Wandering Magus

it'd be a shame if that "hype" buildup causes 70% of the fandom to get up and leave.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Night Pony

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Feb 01, 12:31:23
it'd be a shame if that "hype" buildup causes 70% of the fandom to get up and leave.

Why leave over this? I don't even...

Julius

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 01, 12:59:14

If anything, it's making everypony want to watch even more. It's that uncertainty about what will happen that's keeping everypony on the edge of their seats.

I myself have relaxed about the whole thing... But I'm still pretty curious about what will happen. Even a bit anxious. I really can't wait to see how it goes.

Have some awesome art to go with my comment, just because the art is on topic. ^-^

The title could not be more fitting...
Purr~

Night Pony

Book Smarts

Kind of reminds me of the Mist of Pandaria expansion for World of Warcraft, people were moaning and groaning about how Blizzard was going to be adding the lore friendly Pandarens as a playable race. They protested by saying if pandas were being put into the game, they would leave. Game is released, most, if not all are still playing today >:/ . Some fans will do the same kind of behavior, fact is, they'll still be watching.

Chishio Kunrin

It's also good for us to have time to calm down about it, so we won't go in with a stronger stubborn and negative view on it. If you watch the episode already thinking it will be terrible, you're more likely to criticize it and make yourself feel like it was terrible. Instead, those uncomfortable with alicorn Twilight need to watch the episode with at least a feeling of "Ok, let's see what they've done to/with this."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

HerpyDooves

Twilight's becoming an Alicorn, eh? Time to watch the latest episodes...

And also, I think it's devestating (probably spelled wrong), but if I've learned anything from watching previous episodes, it's to love people (ponies) for who they are!

Iodine

Yeah I mean, really?? People are leaving over THIS? Maybe some Bronies need to wake up and realize it's not about them, it's about the little girls who watch MLP and adore seeing the main character become a magical princess.

Dawnstar

I will admit it is easy to forget who the show is really targeted towards from time to time, but that goes to show just how good the show's developers really are at what they do. They have managed to create a kids show originally intended for young girls that unintentionally happened to have an appeal that drew in a far greater audience from just about every age group and gender.

It's a little bit mind blowing when you take step back and actually look at it as a whole.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Iodine on 2013 Feb 02, 00:32:52

Yeah I mean, really?? People are leaving over THIS? Maybe some Bronies need to wake up and realize it's not about them, it's about the little girls who watch MLP and adore seeing the main character become a magical princess.
That doesn't mean they have to stay , and watch just because the main audience is children.
If they don't like something they have the right to leave.
I don't understand why everyone is angry because some of us won't like the show anymore.
It's our decision. Sure it's meant for kids , but that doesn't mean we are forced to like things they change for them to be happy.

Night Pony

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Feb 02, 07:58:14
Quote from: Iodine on 2013 Feb 02, 00:32:52

That doesn't mean they have to stay , and watch just because the main audience is children.
If they don't like something they have the right to leave.
I don't understand why everyone is angry because some of us won't like the show anymore.
It's our decision. Sure it's meant for kids , but that doesn't mean we are forced to like things they change for them to be happy.

I'm not angry. I just think it's silly to leave over something like this. But if someone really wants to leave no one will stop him/her.

Blues-Music

I don't find it silly it is more of a matter of principle. Some people have higher standards than others.
Considering the awesome writers , and voice actors in the show a person would have high standards for it. The people also acknowledge it being a kids show so they treat it as one while still drawing a line.
For a kids show giving a character too much change , and too much power is still considered a fault. A kids show isn't meant to make lots of changes as that ruins the flow of the series. Some fans acknowledge this , and decide to leave.

I'm not going to officially leave until I see the episode however  that does not mean i'l still be a brony if this is a permanent change.

Darkangel

*Grabs a speech*
*Ahem*
THIS WAS A SHOW ORIGINALLY MEANT FOR KIDS. The only thing hasbro wants is money, which is why they are changing Twilight into a alicorn since the kids will like it. Bronies have no control over a KIDS show. Hasbro does what they can do for money. I still don't get why people are whining about Twilight being OP. THIS IS NOT A FREAKING RP. IT IS A SHOW. THE END.

Seriously though, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HATE THE CHANGE. You can leave the show and the fandom, nobody cares, IT'S YOUR OPINION. Just please, everyone who hates the change, STOP WHINING. You can't change anything!

For me, I don't really care about the change...
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Darkangel on 2013 Feb 02, 10:33:43
*Grabs a speech*
*Ahem*
THIS WAS A SHOW ORIGINALLY MEANT FOR KIDS. The only thing hasbro wants is money, which is why they are changing Twilight into a alicorn since the kids will like it. Bronies have no control over a KIDS show. Hasbro does what they can do for money. I still don't get why people are whining about Twilight being OP. THIS IS NOT A FREAKING RP. IT IS A SHOW. THE END.

Seriously though, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HATE THE CHANGE. You can leave the show and the fandom, nobody cares, IT'S YOUR OPINION. Just please, everyone who hates the change, STOP WHINING. You can't change anything!

For me, I don't really care about the change...

I'm going to be the actual mature one here , and not reply to this dumb post with insults.  >:/
If you have read my post you will understand. Also it doesn't matter if it's a RP , or not. There is such a thing as "Character development in shows" Which is the first thing a writer would learn. A writer should not make a character too boring , or too strong.

Also it seems you are reacting way more than the people against her being an alicorn.

In fact I think the only reason you are this insane about it is because you are angry the brony fandom is falling apart. You just don't want the haters to be able to say "HAH! They lost half of their fanbase!"

I made my post talking about exactly that maybe you should have read it before posting.

McSleuthburger

Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Blues-Music

Go Up