Whispering Darkness

Started by The Stars, 2012 Nov 24, 01:38:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lusterless Nova

((since you both don't seem to be in the mood, shall i?))

Nova puts a hoof on the guards shoulder and speaks to him with a serious tone in his voice and look.
Pardon me but do you know who you are talking to? Range Conjure here, already did met the princess and was on a high priority mission for her. I know that you are just doing your job but from what i remember your job also contains to give respect to those who deserve it.

The Stars

The guard looks down at Range, rather confused then back up at Nova
<Guard1> :Sir, this childish looking mare; the very holder of what the alchemists have long searched for, you're telling me she of all Equestrians were sentenced on a mission!?
The second guard held him back as the both of them shiethed their weapons
<Guard2> Settle down, Sergeant. If (( I hope this is right XD)) The Lieutenant approves of her presence, then we have no questioning in his motives. *He looks over to Lusterless Nova* Sorry for the inconvenience sir, I'll assure this won't happen again. You're all cleared to enter.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Lusterless Nova

2012 Dec 15, 20:56:51 #162 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 15, 21:02:02 by Lusterless Nova
((I'll have to look up the military ranks someday. Let's leave it at that for now))

Thank you. Let's go everypony. It's rude to let her wait.
Nova proceeds and heads to princess Celestia's throne. He bows down as he reaches it.

-Edit-
((looked them up. 1st Lieutenant sounds fitting. Not too high and not too low.))

The Stars

Range and Crimson both took their bows as they entered the Princess's throne. Celestia... On the other hoof didn't look like her normal self. Her mane no longer flowed in the wind, the presence of her magic seems nonexistent and she looks almost as if she's somewhat ill, powerless, weakened. Range took a small peak up at the princess and lightly gasped.
Heads up!

Cutiebone

2012 Dec 15, 23:46:02 #164 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 16, 00:03:59 by Cutiebone
Cutiebone is there I guess
((btw, I highly doubt King Sombra's magic can even come close to taking away Celestia's magic :l And all he ever did was take away the Crystal Empire, is he was that OP he'd just take over Equestria like he seems to be doing now))
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

The Stars

(( I never announced who the Villain was  :l ))
Heads up!

Cutiebone

(( Yes you did, you said it was King Sombra's horn in the sign up and on Skype  :l :l :l :l
and I win the Applejack face contest!))
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

The Stars

(( You misread Cutiebone. It's the curse of Sombra's magic across the land, not Sombra doing this himself. I hinted that his power is indeed involved in this RP, but I never said that Sombra is doing all of this, therefore your argument is invalid :P. His horn is only a tool, a remainder of what he once was: A Tyranical king of Darkness. Now, whoever comes across that power, it's up to them to do what they want to with it.))
Heads up!

Cutiebone

((I never said he was doing this, I implied his magic isn't strong enough to defeat Celestia, so my arguement is indeed valid x3 ))

The Stars

(( Yes, although not alone. Gonna keep things spoiler free for now XD  ))
Heads up!

Cutiebone

(( Well okay then, that confuses me... and imagining Celestia like that that makes me sad :(  I'm quitting this rp, you guys have fun :) ))

The Wandering Magus

((well that's nice.  /sarcasm *sigh* ok, let's see what we can salvage...))

The researcher knelt before the ones who had just a year ago been considered goddesses.

"Your Majesties.  May I speak?"

"You may speak," said the Princess of the Night, in a voice that showed the countless eons She had lived, the thousands upon thousands of years which lay more heavily than ever on Her shoulders, the centuries of war, year after year of protecting a nation that was now at risk of being wiped completely from the face of the earth.

The researcher nodded and gestured to his interns.  "Your Majesties are aware, of course, of the current crisis in Imperial security.  The lack of magic of any kind has greatly impacted the Empire's ability to defend itself against less-than-friendly nations around the world, especially against the Draconic Empire.  However, while working on the Internal Combustion Engine I demonstrated before Your Majesties' Agents earlier, I came upon a most effective new technology which may enable Equestria to once more secure her borders."

The Princesses whispered amongst Themselves, then turned back to the researcher.  "Continue."

Bowing, Dr. Scroll gave the signal, and the interns took out the film reels and the empty machine parts.  Setting up the projection screen, the researcher began to monologue about the machine as images flashed displaying wooden targets reduced to splinters and old dragon scales easily penetrated in nanoseconds.

"Your Majesties, it has been said that the road to diplomacy and security is always a game of carrot and stick.  Today, I present to Your Majesties my version of speaking softly and carrying a big stick.  I present, the Repeating Cannon.  Six hundred rounds per minute, ten rounds per second, launching high-velocity projectiles which have been proven to penetrate even dragon armor.  A rifled barrel generates angular momentum on the projectile such that the path is almost a straight line, eliminating the need for very much training to utilize.  The firing mechanism is simple- a simple trigger activated by the depression of a pedal by a hoof.  Rounds are one hundred to a cent.  A single Repeating Cannon stationed at intervals of one mile along the borders of Equestria would render our nation completely secure against any physical attack."
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Lusterless Nova

Nova watches the screen and thus the weapon.
This is just cruel.
I'm sorry your majesty but i have to go before this goes out of hoof. The sooner magic returns the better.
Good day.

He bows down one more time and then turns around to leave.

The Stars

Range and Crimson both backed away from the machine a bit, quite shocked by the inhumane power such a simple machine can create. They looked back a moment and slowly trotted backwards before turning around and catching up to Nova, not bothering to give their final bows before leaving. Crimson ducked his head down to level with Nova's and whispered.
<Crimson> To no offense to Dr.Scroll, but, is he MAD?! It's like he made a deal with the devil to make something that powerful; I've never heard of anything capable of penetrating Dragon Scales.

Range poked her head in the conversation and spoke rather worriedly.
<Range> The princesses wouldn't condone such monstrous strength... Would they? If somepony else got those schematics on their hooves, we could be at the risk of starting a world war.
Heads up!

The Wandering Magus

"And how would Equestria keep this machine from falling into the hooves of Our enemies?" asked the Princess of the Day in a tired voice.

"Even if it were to fall into enemy hooves, the sheer potential destruction this machine would demonstrate upon its first utilization would ensure that it would never need be used again.  Peace will come with the knowledge that any turmoil from this moment forward would bring Mutually Assured Destruction.  The natural instinct for self-preservation will bring the peace we have sought since before the Change.  And if the weapon does not fall into enemy hooves, as I assume the Ministry of Imperial Defense will do its best to ensure, then this empire will be the most powerful nation in the entire world.  Such military dominance will ensure world peace."
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Lusterless Nova

((magus probably needs a post so: ))
Nova went out of the throne room and didn't listen to Feather Scroll's words anymore.
He heads to the marked to buy something.

The Stars

(( XD I might do the same ))
Range and Crimson finally exit the throne room and catches up to Nova.
<Crimson> Well, rather short-lived meeting, prematurely ending... Anywho, think Mr. Scroll will mention our cause as well?
<Range> Doubt it; he seems rather interested in that "thing" he calls the repeating cannon to even give us mention, so I guess we're on our own at this point.
Heads up!

The Wandering Magus

"...And in conclusion, the threat of Mutually Assured Destruction, as well as Equestrian military supremacy, will ensure world peace as a more permanent solution to the situation is found," concluded the stallion after another hour.  The Princesses thought over the prospects of his proposal gravely.

"You mention a more... permanent solution.  What solution do you speak of?"

The professor turned to address the three others, only to find that they have left.

"Your Majesties, this is a solution proposed by the three who accompanied me, which may potentially save all of Equestria.  I, however, do not have the information in full."

The Princess of the Moon frowned.  "Guards.  Bring the three visitors to Us, at once."

"They shall not escape this castle, Your Majesty."

The three ponies were rather quickly found and if necessary neutralized before being brought, willingly or by force, before Their Majesties' Thrones.

"Range.  Crimson.  Nova.  This researcher here has revealed to Us that you have a plan which might provide a solution to this curse upon all of Equestria and the world?  This is a matter of Imperial Security, a matter which concerns much more than your petty thoughts of boredom or morality.  WOULDST THOU PUT THINE INSIGNIFICANT MORTAL THOUGHTS ABOVE THE GOOD OF THINE NATION, PUNY MORTALS?!  THOU ART SELFISH AND FOOLISH IF SO!"

"Sister.  We do not yet know their purposes.  Speak, mortals.  What is this 'plan' of yours to heal Our nation?"

The Stars

Range and Crimson followed along, rather willingly to be honest, but as soon as they came across both princesses... the both of them seemed rather shocked by their behavior, Crimson rather annoyed while Range just flabbergasted at their "Holier than thou" attitude. Crimson sighs and takes a stand up.

<Crimson>Your highnesses, I gladly present you with a plan; a sort of theory on how to release us all from this spell. Now, I've done a bit of research with the Ponyville local librarian approximatly 4-5 days ago to have a little talk about the turn of events, hoping she would know anything about what was going on. She had mentioned that she hasn't seen anything like this since her Expedition to someplace called the Crystal Empire. Now, from what I have gathered, the effects of Sombra's black magic seemed to have somewhat "Cursed" Her brother, disabling his magical abilities from being used. I went around town shortly after and results from everypony, including myself, have all tested out positive. I've came to the conclusion that this is in fact Sombra's doing, but sadly we all cannot visit the Crystal Empire to have this removed, even worse, the black magic is seeping through soil, turning various plants and herbs lifeless. Anywho, as for an alternative method, I decided to bring in elemental Logic into play : Since this is black magic, the only way to dispel this is magic with light affinity. Now, I have heard of a small little thing called "Spellcraft", a special form of spell casting requiring various items in order to cast. Now, if anypony has noticed, the Everfree forest is the only place I haven't heard of any infection from, and I know for a fact the inhabitant, the shamare, may be able to assist us in the matter if she has not been infected. What I plan to do is gather spell craft materials with the light element and distribute this all to the public. Although, that would leave the problem of the plant life still affected, so I have a separate plan for that as well : A Nationwide transmutation, starting from all borders of Equestria and ending within the dead center. We will need to plant down 11 transmutation circles all around Equestria and 11 copies of the cure to spread throughout the continent. As of right now, I was hoping you would allow us to research the spellcraft materials. Again, this is only a theory, but It might be the only plan we have to save all of Equestria.
Heads up!

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: The Stars on 2012 Dec 21, 19:19:24
Range and Crimson followed along, rather willingly to be honest, but as soon as they came across both princesses... the both of them seemed rather shocked by their behavior, Crimson rather annoyed while Range just flabbergasted at their "Holier than thou" attitude. Crimson sighs and takes a stand up.

<Crimson>Your highnesses, I gladly present you with a plan; a sort of theory on how to release us all from this spell. Now, I've done a bit of research with the Ponyville local librarian approximatly 4-5 days ago to have a little talk about the turn of events, hoping she would know anything about what was going on. She had mentioned that she hasn't seen anything like this since her Expedition to someplace called the Crystal Empire. Now, from what I have gathered, the effects of Sombra's black magic seemed to have somewhat "Cursed" Her brother, disabling his magical abilities from being used. I went around town shortly after and results from everypony, including myself, have all tested out positive. I've came to the conclusion that this is in fact Sombra's doing, but sadly we all cannot visit the Crystal Empire to have this removed, even worse, the black magic is seeping through soil, turning various plants and herbs lifeless. Anywho, as for an alternative method, I decided to bring in elemental Logic into play : Since this is black magic, the only way to dispel this is magic with light affinity. Now, I have heard of a small little thing called "Spellcraft", a special form of spell casting requiring various items in order to cast. Now, if anypony has noticed, the Everfree forest is the only place I haven't heard of any infection from, and I know for a fact the inhabitant, the shamare, may be able to assist us in the matter if she has not been infected. What I plan to do is gather spell craft materials with the light element and distribute this all to the public. Although, that would leave the problem of the plant life still affected, so I have a separate plan for that as well : A Nationwide transmutation, starting from all borders of Equestria and ending within the dead center. We will need to plant down 11 transmutation circles all around Equestria and 11 copies of the cure to spread throughout the continent. As of right now, I was hoping you would allow us to research the spellcraft materials. Again, this is only a theory, but It might be the only plan we have to save all of Equestria.
The Princesses considered the situation gravely.  "Your student disclosed Imperial Security information again, Sister."

"Do not question my judgement, Sister.  She knows more than anypony the risks and the gravity of the current situation."

"Does she?  Does she indeed?  That's what You said when You trained-"

"SILENCE."

The room rang for a moment with the echoes of the Princess's voice before She calmed again, wiping what could have been a tear from her eye with a crystal-encrusted hoof.

"I told You a thousand years ago never to speak of it again."

"...apologies, Sister."

"Crimson.  Your plan would seem to be workable, but We must warn you that if things should go awry, the aftereffects could be devastating.  But We assume you already understand this.  If you will swear not to turn to black magic yourself, or to utilize the Forbidden Transmutations, and NEVER to violate the Laws of Magic without Our explicit permission, you may continue with your efforts.  The Imperial Archives are open to you, all of them."

"SISTER!"

"Times have changed, Sister.  Situations have changed.  If this crisis is not remedied quickly, whatever it is We decide may become of no consequence in the aftermath.  Or do You not remember the source of Our immortality?"

"...yes, Sister."

Go Up