Greetings, everypony.

Started by CursiveType, 2013 Sep 02, 02:32:41

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CursiveType

While I would love to start this introduction with some form of in-character banter, I honestly have yet to develop said character beyond his physical appearance and special talent.

But anyway! I will start out by admitting I used to see MLP:FiM as nothing more than childish, considerably pathetic, and most certainly not worth my time. Why would I even bother watching such a show, especially since I had graduated from high school when I first learned of the show? Surely there are better ways for me to spend my time: A few hands of Magic the Gathering (even though my deck is considerably... well... bad), some anime, working on some sketches of the 17 or so characters that currently see the inner sanctum of my mind as their personal play thing, chatting with some friends online, playing an online game or two, or partaking in some writing (one of my more enjoyable hobbies). Now surely that would keep me from becoming even slightly interested in the story of brightly colored, talking, some flying, and some magic using ponies, right? ...Right?

Needless to say, that didn't happen. Take an art college where anything that would have you shunned in previous years and throw in a persistent friend who used to mention MLP quite a bit, and you end up with me eventually just thinking "You know something? I'll actually see what all the fuss is about." Summing up the following events is rather easy:

Episode one: The animation quality's pretty good.
Episode two: This show's actually pretty good.
Episode three: PONIES!

Afterwards, one thing simply lead to another. I could name most of (if not all of) the Mane Six and Cutie Mark Crusaders, I made an OC, claimed Rainbow Dash as best pony, saw all of season one and some of season two, searched for brony music (which, in my opinion, can be some of the most interesting to listen to when bored or just can't think of anything else to listen to), and started watching some MLP reaction videos for the occasional laugh. Of course, I'm fairly sure that's not everything, but it's rather late and I can't recall anything else at the moment.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and not write it off as a poor attempt to troll fans of MLP, assuming the first actual bit seemed as such. Also, while the three episode portion may make me seem like an open brony, that's actually not the case. Sure, I enjoy the show and wouldn't mind having a little Rainbow Dash figure to put on my desk as I write or work on school related stuff, but the reason I don't have a mini RBD is simply because I try to hide the fact I watch the show. I normally don't post about it, I don't write about it, and I most certainly refuse to talk about it. I'll mention it if some friends and I stop to ponder over why MLP merchandise is being displayed in a store like Hot Topic, but beyond that, I say nothing.

Billow Pillow

Introduction:

Greetings, and welcome to the [LoE] Forums! It's a pleasure to meet you, CursiveType.  You seem to be a relatively interesting person, with a rather fascinating story.  You'll fit in just fine.  :nod: 
To avoid conflict/misunderstanding, I suggest you'd first check out the Rules.  Oh, and Lyra is best pony.  If you require additional assistance, help, or simply have a question, i'd suggest messaging a staff, or one of the many helpful users on the forums. 
Want to learn more about each section, or just want a quick and fast tour? Simply click the spoiler below this introduction.

Spoiler: Detailed Information Inside • show
Art Section:
The primary Art section, is only for showing off drawings you made, and obtaining feedback on them. 
The Art Request section, can be used to either give out free art, or to simply ask another for some art of your character. 
Under no circumstances should it ever be used for paid commissions. 

Roleplay Board:
This board is primarily built to handle all your roleplaying needs. 
In the Original Character section, this is where you post about your custom character.  You may even request other users to rate your [OC]. 
The Roleplaying section, is where you'll be roleplaying at.  If you don't know what roleplaying is i suggest reading Here.  Certain roleplays acquire you to sign up, so be sure to always read the main page.  Best to check this Section. first.
Please try to keep all OC/Roleplaying mature, and refrain from posting about bloodshed, profanity, or gore.

Pony Sections:
These two sections should primarily be used for dicussings things about MLP/MLP related things.
The MLP FiM: Show Discussion section, should only be used for dicussings things that directly relate about the show. 
Pony Off-Topic is made for dicussing about anything related to ponies.

Creation:
The Video section, is made for posting videos/channels that you've created!
The Audio section, is designed strictly for posting your own custom audio based creations, or projects.
Have a story you've wrote and want to share it with the other users? That's where the Writing section, comes in handy.

Game Discussion:
In the [LoE] Discussion section, is only for talking about the unknown variables, and facts we already know about the up and coming fan-game.  Worried about [LoE] being taken down? Well don't, but if you want to find out more about this i'd suggest mailing McSleuthburger
Best to avoid posting suggestions too as they aren't currently looking for ideas.

Want to learn about the technical information about the game? Go Here.  Want to learn more about the game? Go Here
Want to make, or join a guild/herd before the game comes out, and build your own miniature following? Go Here

Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Gypsy

Welcome to Loe  CursiveType!  :D

Weremetalwolf

Hi my new friend and welcome to the Legends of Equestria forum! I wish you to have the best stay here and make lots of friends! And most important HAVE FUUUN!! :D
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

Ryo_D_Disk

Greetings and welcome to the forums and to LoE. Please check out the rules explore and have fun. There's lots to see and do and all the time in equestria to see it, there's Arts, Videos, Stories, Singers RP'ers and more so join us you in the madness my friend  ^-^

CursiveType

As was suggested, I took the time to read the forum rules. I'll be sure to keep them in mind, and I also thank you for the kind greetings.  ^-^

phirenor

Greetings to you as well! Welcome to forums! Maybe, you'll find new friends here.
Cmon, everypony! Stop copy pasting one text from topic to topic! Be original!  :D

Ryo_D_Disk

Im presuming your refeing to me and my intro post and although yes it is a copy paste one is because its a informational one designed to show others around the forums, If they ask questions or respond to the comment, then im more than willing to write a responce however I can say without a doubt before I respond to any intro I read what was said and if there is anything perticular I can add to it then I will. So please consider that before you call me unoriginal

But regardless of my mini Rant Have fun around the forums Cursive, I hope you enjoy your time here and explore the forums

Proudy Hooves

Hello and Welcome to LoE Community! Enjoy your stay here and pick your way there: to be a classy artist or promising fanfic-writer or wise role-player or talkative and cheerful like Pinkie Pie and many other ways!
And if you want to play LoE then wait patiently until the Stress-Test! Now you can just look at forums and do everything you wish! But don't forget to read the rules anyways! ;)
Good Luck, mate!
Your friendly casual-ish russian-speakin' brony.
Russian LoE Veteran, being around since 2013+!
|Mint Kingdom proud member| |Team La-Vo-Chka!~|
#12YearsOfMLPFIM #BoopOuttaNowhere #ThankYouG4MLP

Tiger

Hello and welcome! That's quite the story you have back there :] Anyway,

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Shadow Blitz

Hi there, CursiveType!  ^-^

impeccably*

Gamoty

Vinyl light

Welcome welcome welcome, a fine welcome to you. Welcome welcome welcome I say how do you do? Welcome welcome welcome I say hip hip hurray! Welcome welcome welcome to Legends of Equestria Today! *Confetti & cake*... :D

Go Up