Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Why in the heck is the Spanish word for 'handcuffs' the same as the word for 'wife'?  :I

byndbored

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Mar 28, 21:28:34
Why in the heck is the Spanish word for 'handcuffs' the same as the word for 'wife'?  :I
Facedesk!
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Pipkin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Mar 28, 08:50:54
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Mar 27, 21:42:11
I was nearly run off the road by a snowplow today......You're driving a giant truck with an anti-car weapon mounted on the front, watch the stupid road.

I wouldnt have been mad if there wasn't a clear sight of the road......

It's still snowing in places?!?!?!!

QuoteToday Mar 28

Scattered T-Storms

Temperature: 79°F

Humidity: 100%

Chance of rain: 90%

Wind: S at 7 mph

Sat Mar 29
Scattered flurries
34°F   
Feels like    25
Low 25°F
P.O.P     40%
24 hr Rain   
24 hr Snow     0.4 in
Wind     NE 16 mph
Hours of Sun   1

The snow will stop sometime in May

Link

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Chishio Kunrin

I still haven't been feeling good since I got over the flu. It may have something to do with the symptoms still hanging about a bit and the storms bringing in a ton of pollen.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

When my stupid computer doesn't go the sleep like it's supposed to and wastes energy.

I had a darned $200 power bill last month.

MrEmu

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Mar 29, 19:50:35
When my stupid computer doesn't go the sleep like it's supposed to and wastes energy.

I had a darned $200 power bill last month.
Whoa! do computers REALLY burn that much power?! O: or is yours just a super powerful one?

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Mar 29, 19:59:07
Whoa! do computers REALLY burn that much power?! O: or is yours just a super powerful one?

Well, that was with heating, too. It stayed below 40F throughout February.

My CPU is overclocked and my power supply is set to not hold anything back. I fell asleep on the couch several times last month and left the darned thing on overnight, and it didn't go to sleep automatically like it's set to do.

Pipkin

Wow!

I never shut my computer off and my highest ever power bill was $120, for a two bedroom apartment....that's crazy

Midnight Breeze

I feel I've become increasingly hot-blooded over the past year.

It's 71F in here yet I feel the need to turn the heater on.

MrSpyro

It's Spring, which means in a month or two, there will be 90-105 degree temperatures. In fact, it's already hitting the 80s.
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Pipkin

2014 Mar 30, 13:14:52 #12451 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 30, 13:17:06 by Pipkin
Heh, i'm excited at the fact I dont have to take a coat to work tomorrow cause it'll be 48°F.....finally

Annoyances?  I'm tired and sore and about to go back to bed, the string on my guitar is still broken and I still cant replace it(I'm working on just buying a new guitar and all the pawn shops are closed) and something is very wrong with my truck...

Julius

On one hand, I finally beat Dark Souls 2 this morning and it was glorious! On the other hand, to do it I accidentally disregarded sleep last night. I had a BBQ today. Guess who fell asleep and therefore missed the BBQ? X3
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Mar 30, 17:39:43
On one hand, I finally beat Dark Souls 2 this morning and it was glorious! On the other hand, to do it I accidentally disregarded sleep last night. I had a BBQ today. Guess who fell asleep and therefore missed the BBQ? X3

Aw. :(

Spring is coming, which means pollen. Enough pollen to make it look like someone took a bag of yellow dust and decided to sprinkle everything in a thin layer of it. Enough pollen to make my sinuses drain a lot, causing me to cough a lot and probably get an upset stomach. Yay...

It's worse on my dad, though. He gets respiratory illnesses pretty easily, especially in spring.

MrEmu

QuoteSpring is coming, which means pollen. Enough pollen to make it look like someone took a bag of yellow dust and decided to sprinkle everything in a thin layer of it. Enough pollen to make my sinuses drain a lot, causing me to cough a lot and probably get an upset stomach. Yay...

It's worse on my dad, though. He gets respiratory illnesses pretty easily, especially in spring.
Does that mean you can't have AC units because they'll bring in the pollen? if so then that totally stinks! ono

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Mar 31, 02:05:10
QuoteSpring is coming, which means pollen. Enough pollen to make it look like someone took a bag of yellow dust and decided to sprinkle everything in a thin layer of it. Enough pollen to make my sinuses drain a lot, causing me to cough a lot and probably get an upset stomach. Yay...

Does that mean you can't have AC units because they'll bring in the pollen? if so then that totally stinks! ono

We try to use the AC as little as possible to save on the power bill anyway.

When someone posts a comment on Youtube asking a question but has replies disabled.
Seriously, I ran into that so many times today already! How am I supposed to help you if I can't respond?!

Ramisha

my throat hurts and so does my head and my nose is clogged and I'M TIRED BUT I WANT TO PLAY VIDEOGAAAAMESSS

Pipkin

So I was told on Thursday one of me employees became very sick and would be off for about a month....well i'm training another employee on cleaning this week so no issues right?....
Saturday that employee had emergency brain surgery and had a tumor removed.....thank goodness they found and treated it before any major damage occurred but what are the chances?  wow.

We don't know how long the recovery will be but it'll be at least 2 months minimum....

Sometimes I take my good health for granted....I consider myself lucky in comparison to most people I know

Prismatic

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Mar 29, 20:16:23
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Mar 29, 19:59:07

Well, that was with heating, too. It stayed below 40F throughout February.

My CPU is overclocked and my power supply is set to not hold anything back. I fell asleep on the couch several times last month and left the darned thing on overnight, and it didn't go to sleep automatically like it's set to do.

Well it's somewhat difficult to stop something if the throttles are set to flank.

Sadly my RAM is OC'd on my desktop, sometimes it overheats.  DD:

Randam Saiko

When people ask for your opinion and then just 10 seconds later, they disregard it and say, 'I don't care."

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Go Up