Summer Games Done Quick 2014!

Started by Rad Thunder, 2014 Jun 16, 23:24:29

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rad Thunder

https://gamesdonequick.com/

Get hype! It's Summer Games Done Quick! This is a speedrunning marathon with a week long of games done super fast, for charity! Since 2010 these guys have been holding these and each one gets better then the last! Last year's SGDQ raised over $250,000 for MSF, and their previous marathon, Awesome Games Done Quick, raised over 1 million, yes 1 MILLION for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. So you can tell how amazing these events are.

So now that I've pitched it, I bring it up for two reasons. One, to spread the word, and two to say, I'm going to be there! In person! Among all these runners! So if you see me, donate to say hi. I'll be wearing a Lucario hat the whole time. ^-^

I'm mainly going for my stepdad, who's fought 2 kinds of cancer and has been in and out of the hospital for months. I wanna be there for him, and show my support in a special way. How? Well in some games you can donate to name characters, like in RPGs. The finale is Final Fantasy 6, (or 3 in the US), and I want to name a character from it after my stepdad. I haven't decided who yet, but you'll hear it said live on stream. :P

The marathon starts on June 22nd, and goes to the 28th officially, with bonus stream to the 30th. You can find the marathon at the link below the video, and at the bottom of this post. Help spread the word and support this awesome event! SGDQ HYPE! :D

https://gamesdonequick.com/

Sea Foam

I'm beyond hype.
I've always wanted to see a Paper Mario 2 run at one of these but it's a shame I wont be able to see it live... Unless I just don't sleep.

All my donation money is going to Oracle of Ages and maybe some for Pokemon Snap and Dragon coins and moons for Super Mario World if I have any left over.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Rad Thunder

Glad I'm not the only one hyped! I leave tomorrow for Denver, so wish me luck!

Spoiler: show
Oh, and help me name Edgar in Final Fantasy 6 'GaryS'  ^-^

Peace Keeper

AGDQ 2014 was really awesome. I really enjoyed the runs. The one that stood out to the most was the 4-way race of Super Metroid. I got goosebumps watching it live. I am still tripping out on the TAS portion of the event, especially the SMW arbitrary code excecution. How that person is able to input the controls to rewrite the game to have two mini games in it is too friggin amazing.

I'm looking forward to see some of my favorite games beaten quickly this summer.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Sea Foam

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Jun 21, 20:34:16
SMW arbitrary code excecution. How that person is able to input the controls to rewrite the game to have two mini games in it is too friggin amazing.

I'm looking forward to see some of my favorite games beaten quickly this summer.

Wow... and I thought (reverse)bottle adventure was impressive with writing code in-game.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Go Up