MLP Fanfics!

Started by Featherdust418, 2015 Jul 25, 01:59:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Featherdust418

2015 Jul 25, 01:59:31 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 25, 21:40:35 by Featherdust418
Hi! Do you read or write MLP fanfics? How do you feel about talking about them? If you do any of these things, then this is the place for you! :D Let's discuss the creative stories written by the amazing members of this community! Whether it be recommending a certain story, discussing one you have read before, or even talking about an idea you have to make your own, lets do it here! ^-^ (try to keep fics pg-based, please.)

Post Merge

Well, I guess I'll start by suggesting a fanfic- if you haven't read it yet, that is x3

Past Sins, by Pen Stroke. (warning- this story is slightly dark, with a teen rating. Tags: Dark, Slice of Life, Sad)
This is by far my favorite fanfic of all time. Its just so good! Amazing plot, very well detailed, and the same characters you know and love, as well as some interesting new ones, too. I highly recommend you check it out~ its a bit of a long read, but definitely worth it. I remember staying up late night after night, just to find out what would happen next. And as I read through the comments, I found that so many others had done the same. If you're interested, feel like reading, have the time or all of the above, you should definitely check it out.

Now for those that have read it...
Spoiler: show
Nyx is best oc! She really may just be one of my favorites, such a well-written and unique character! And the struggles she had to endure... she felt so pressured by Nexus to do what he wanted- but not him, it was the curse that had infected him. What was your favorite part of the story? I'm not sure of mine... the battle scene towards the end was quite epic though. For me personally, the story was really great throughout. The sequel stories are amazing too, great follow-ups to an already wonderfully rich story. Oh, the part with the CMC and NMM was great too, I sometimes like to go back and read about that part. x3 I love the idea of "Lupus majors and minors", star beasts are really cool, and it would be awesome to see more of them in the actual show. Maybe someday, who knows. x3 Well, that's it for now... just something to get started on, if you've read this story already. :)
Alright then, if anyone has any fics to suggest, be sure to post about them here! I'm always looking to discover something new, as well as talk about fics that have been read ^-^ hope to hear from you soon! :D

AH PyrotechNick

I read a lot of shipping fics. Are those ok to talk about here?

GlassMirror

I have one called Equestria Origins. I just started it, but you might like it.

Featherdust418

Oh hey, responses!  O: :D
Sure, shipping fics are fine! (Ironically, I have a fic, and its a ship fic... with Applejack and an oc I made up. <.<)

Ooh, that sounds cool! I'll have to check it out ^-^ its been a while since I read/written anything... but it has been on my mind, to start up again, I hope I'll find the time to soon. :)

Oh, and welcome! ^-^

AH PyrotechNick

There's a writer named Steel Resolve that writes some amazing ship fics. Granted, it helps that he writes a lot with my favorite ship (Raripie is OTP), but he is an incredible writer and he nails the personalities of the mane 6 perfectly. My favorites so far are First Steps, which is a sequel to another good one called The Mailbox Compilation, and a Flaripie fic called You Make My Whole Life Worthwhile. They are mature fics, but the romance that comes out of these is unparalleled.

Honestly.Wrong

I'm actually writing my very first MLP fanfic, one in the theme of action/adventure that each season premiere/finale of the show happens to be. And I'm likely to write more after this one, if it gets a good response. It's also the first time in a very long time that I've actually written anything and stuck with it. But, to me, writing is like riding a bicycle. Never forget. But, can easily crash still, lol.

This one, I'm actually almost done with it. I'm on the final climax, but I'm stuck with one little thing. Figuring out what Applejack would say to an evil version of herself and vice versa.
[insert funny signature here]

[insert serious one here]

NapalmStyles

Working on a comedic crossover currently, I've been doing a few too many of those lately, and it's what inspired this pony right here... When a Furfrou falls through a portal from the Kalos Region and ends up in G4 S1 Equestria, the insanity only begins. Befriending a deaf mare with an affinity for hats and grooming named Hattie Styles (I ran low on ideas), the Furfrou comes to realize he can communicate well with the populace, and learns to interpret Hattie's hoof-clap "speech". Adopting the name Napalm from the Human Trainer who'd given him a sizeable enough tip in a cafe to buy himself a trim, and opening a small detective agency in the back supply closet of the spa where Hattie has begun an internship, the duo embark on various random hijinks that occur completely in the background of the canonical episodes, with Hattie keeping the trimming equipment handy for when Napalm's ever-changing 'do expires.

Still thinking of a title for the series, if anyone's read the Adventures of Tag and Bink (Star Wars canonical spoof comics) you'll know where my mind is. I might eventually post the first chapter once it's completed, and grab the smock to duck the tomatoes.
<br /><br />"Doing nothing is very hard to do. You never know when you're finished."

Featherdust418

Been a while since I've been here... surprised to see life being breathed back into this thread! O: lol It's good though. ^-^
I'm working on a fic, a one-shot about Scootaloo and... her brother! O: I made him up, of course. x3 I really need to finish it, I started earlier this month, and we're almost in August now! (Admittedly I sometimes lose motivation to write, it's just sometimes hard to keep going for whatever reason. :c One day I'll write without stopping! lol) Also, if anyone wants any help with writing or ideas, I'll be happy to offer my assistance ^-^ hope it's been going well for everypony! Awesome story ideas too, keep up the good (writing) work! :)

Honestly.Wrong

I still need to figure out what good Applejack would say to evil Applejack and vice versa. My current fanfic, the first attempt at one, I've got the Mane Six versus the Mane Six. And I'm attempting to do a small segment of each pony making a comment toward their counterpart. I got Twilight with her hero pride checked, Rarity with her fashion sense checked, Rainbow Dash challenging Rainbow Dash in speed checked, gonna have Pinkie be somewhat similar to the way she was to the changling that tried to be her. And for Fluttershy, I actually thought it be better if the evil version had adopted the attitude she learned from Iron Will. But, Applejack, it's hard to figure out.

Featherdust418

2016 Aug 01, 10:20:21 #9 Last Edit: 2016 Aug 01, 10:24:11 by Featherdust418
Quote from: Honestly.Wrong on 2016 Jul 31, 16:08:50
I still need to figure out what good Applejack would say to evil Applejack and vice versa. My current fanfic, the first attempt at one, I've got the Mane Six versus the Mane Six. And I'm attempting to do a small segment of each pony making a comment toward their counterpart. I got Twilight with her hero pride checked, Rarity with her fashion sense checked, Rainbow Dash challenging Rainbow Dash in speed checked, gonna have Pinkie be somewhat similar to the way she was to the changling that tried to be her. And for Fluttershy, I actually thought it be better if the evil version had adopted the attitude she learned from Iron Will. But, Applejack, it's hard to figure out.

I think I'm a bit confused, about the "evil" mane six part. What are their personalities? Do they act in a way that is opposite to each element (a bit like they did when corrupted by Discord)? Or do they do bad things in general and cause trouble? Are the mane six trying to stop them and their wrongdoings, are they hearing negative things and questioning the things they love, are they being framed and are now on the run... I feel like I might need a bit more info, either that or I am completely misunderstanding what you said above... I'm sorry if it should be obvious and I am. x3

Post Merge

Also, hold onto your hats ponies! I've got an idea for LoE that us fanfic writers/readers will just love! :D I have no idea if it's possible... but the idea is a great one! Keep an eye out in the LoE Discussions forum section to find out what it is... ;)

Honestly.Wrong

Quote from: Featherdust418 on 2016 Aug 01, 10:20:21
I think I'm a bit confused, about the "evil" mane six part. What are their personalities? Do they act in a way that is opposite to each element (a bit like they did when corrupted by Discord)? Or do they do bad things in general and cause trouble? Are the mane six trying to stop them and their wrongdoings, are they hearing negative things and questioning the things they love, are they being framed and are now on the run... I feel like I might need a bit more info, either that or I am completely misunderstanding what you said above... I'm sorry if it should be obvious and I am. x3

Lol, I think you might be misunderstanding, but all the same, the evil Mane Six are from one of the mirror dimensions.  They generally act like the good ones do, except for Fluttershy, except evil, lol. I don't want to reveal too much of my story, though, so I'm leaving it at that.

Featherdust418

Quote from: Honestly.Wrong on 2016 Aug 01, 12:02:14
Lol, I think you might be misunderstanding, but all the same, the evil Mane Six are from one of the mirror dimensions.  They generally act like the good ones do, except for Fluttershy, except evil, lol. I don't want to reveal too much of my story, though, so I'm leaving it at that.

I see. So with that, I am now wondering what kind of encounter this is between them. Is a first meet, where personalities are discovered and there is shock? Is it an attempt to change the personalities of the evil mane six? Or perhaps both?
Maybe Applejack could say something about how dishonest the whole situation is, and that they need to stop their ridiculous ways of wreaking havoc. Also something about how they're disrupting the peace and tranquility of Ponyville (Equestria?) Or (if it's just a first time meeting) she could say something about how it can't be true and it must be a dream. Sort of like a disbelief kind of thing.

Well, that's all for now... am I hitting any of the marks? lol Well if not, I hope you can at least branch off of that and think of other ideas... maybe. I hope I at least helped somewhat, best of luck to you and your writing! ^-^

Honestly.Wrong

Quote from: Featherdust418 on 2016 Aug 01, 14:31:05
I see. So with that, I am now wondering what kind of encounter this is between them. Is a first meet, where personalities are discovered and there is shock? Is it an attempt to change the personalities of the evil mane six? Or perhaps both?
Maybe Applejack could say something about how dishonest the whole situation is, and that they need to stop their ridiculous ways of wreaking havoc. Also something about how they're disrupting the peace and tranquility of Ponyville (Equestria?) Or (if it's just a first time meeting) she could say something about how it can't be true and it must be a dream. Sort of like a disbelief kind of thing.

Well, that's all for now... am I hitting any of the marks? lol Well if not, I hope you can at least branch off of that and think of other ideas... maybe. I hope I at least helped somewhat, best of luck to you and your writing! ^-^

That did help out, actually. I was thinking of using her honesty, but didn't know how to go about it. And that definitely gives me an idea of how to do it. And technically, this is the first meeting. The good already knew the evil existed thanks to an OC in the story, they already met evil Twilight, but this is the first time both sides are in the same room. And it's all of Equestria, mostly in the Crystal Empire. And that's all I'm revealing, lol. Thank you for the help. I hope to get this fic done soon!  :D

Featherdust418

Quote from: Honestly.Wrong on 2016 Aug 01, 14:35:17
That did help out, actually. I was thinking of using her honesty, but didn't know how to go about it. And that definitely gives me an idea of how to do it. And technically, this is the first meeting. The good already knew the evil existed thanks to an OC in the story, they already met evil Twilight, but this is the first time both sides are in the same room. And it's all of Equestria, mostly in the Crystal Empire. And that's all I'm revealing, lol. Thank you for the help. I hope to get this fic done soon!  :D

Really? O: That's great! :D I'm glad I could help out and give you an idea, good to hear I hit some marks at least lol your story sounds very interesting, you should put a link to it when you're finished (or even now, if you'd like x3) I hope you'll be able to finish it soon, and if you ever need any more help with ideas, I'll be happy to do my best to help again! ^-^

Honestly.Wrong

Quote from: Featherdust418 on 2016 Aug 02, 10:50:25
Really? O: That's great! :D I'm glad I could help out and give you an idea, good to hear I hit some marks at least lol your story sounds very interesting, you should put a link to it when you're finished (or even now, if you'd like x3) I hope you'll be able to finish it soon, and if you ever need any more help with ideas, I'll be happy to do my best to help again! ^-^

I'll definitely keep that in mind.  ;) Thank you. And I'll surely give a link, when it's finished. But, when it's finished. I ain't got far to go, anyway. On the final climax.

Featherdust418

Quote from: Honestly.Wrong on 2016 Aug 02, 14:58:18
I'll definitely keep that in mind.  ;) Thank you. And I'll surely give a link, when it's finished. But, when it's finished. I ain't got far to go, anyway. On the final climax.

Awesome, can't wait to read it ^-^ maybe I should link my fanfic... it's not done yet, but almost. I kind've gave up on it a while back, wasn't sure if it was any good. :\ Who knows though, maybe I'll finish it someday just for fun! lol

Honestly.Wrong

Quote from: Featherdust418 on 2016 Aug 03, 17:56:26
Awesome, can't wait to read it ^-^ maybe I should link my fanfic... it's not done yet, but almost. I kind've gave up on it a while back, wasn't sure if it was any good. :\ Who knows though, maybe I'll finish it someday just for fun! lol

Lol, go for it! After this one, I actually want to start a little fanfic series following the four ponies that were in the village we met Starlight in.

NapalmStyles

I came to realize I done goofed, I put deaf instead of mute for Hattie's description... Whoops, I must amend this.
<br /><br />"Doing nothing is very hard to do. You never know when you're finished."

Featherdust418

Alright, here it is... my story:
https://www.fimfiction.net/stories?author=156323 (I hope that's right at least x3) just remember, this story is NOT COMPLETED. It has a lot written so far, but I did sort of give up on it some time ago (though I could continue it...) It's basically a romance story between AJ and an OC of mine (well, they don't hit it off right away, but they'll get closer over time. :/) I don't know if anyone is interested in that type of story, but if you are feel free to check it out, and let me know what you think. ^-^ And feel free to link stories of your own, or any that you've read, are reading, or even just heard about and want to share! Hope to see more stories soon! :D

Grossly Incandescent

The only FanFic I have ever finished was the original Fallout Equestria by Kkat.

MAN I loved that story.

I'm reading like 5 different fics as well as 2 other books right now all at the same time.

Go Up