Escape to the future (Sign-Up RP)

Started by Peace Keeper, 2015 Mar 11, 03:35:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nocturna

"Double Edge, your attack was rude and highly unnecessary," Nocturna began, smiling at Illusion for helping her. "Besides that, I think we need to get this started before more can go wrong. I'll be over here casting preliminary incantations, don't mind the feelings you may feel during so," She continues, heading to her triangle of runes and materials.

Gracie Sky

((I'm so glad you didn't try to save her with a telekenisis spell, remembering that she had a magic net on!  lol Extra points for you!))

Gracie got suddenly tackled by Breaker and saved from the falling bookcase. Gracie took a moment to get up and answer his questions. "Yup! I'm perfectly fine! Thanks!"

Gracie glanced around the room and saw that the ponies weren't fighting anymore. She really didn't know why, although she was happy about it. Deciding to inquire, she tried moving towards them, but the net was still on her and impeded her. In light of that, she tried flying again, but the net disoriented her just as much as last time. She swerved once again into yet another bookcase, causing it to teeter. However, this time, Gracie remained in the air after the collision and began drifting in another direction, colliding with a bookcase on the opposite side of the room.

There were probably no more standing bookcases by the time Gracie was done here.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Peace Keeper

Don't blame him. It's...
I know. But I assumed you were up to no good. How am I suppose to know you weren't doing a sacrifice? Besides, I also wanted Combo safe. I was afraid I was gonna lose him to you. I really don't know you much other than the stories of my village. Hope what Combo saying is true. I am a serious pony. I would hate to lose anyone, especially Combo.

Combo gets up and walks to the group.
*Speaking softly* That's Edge for you. He really is kinda overprotective. He is also my captain and the captain of my village's guardians. It is gonna take time for him to believe you, but just don't play words with him and break promises. Inside, he really does care for others. You can be friends with him, and he will have your back.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Maplewood

"ah the captain,well it's nice to see one that cares about his troops" maple chuckles sadly wincing from his bruise around his good eye

Nocturna

A rumble can be felt in the room as an incantation is stated. "Titario, la travido, ye concoctico," Nocturna repays as the orbs link with a line of magical energy. "We're ready whenever!" Nocturna shouts over the noise.

Maplewood

"wow that was fast " maple appeared next to nocturna

Nocturna

"Just needed to cast an inter-dimensional rift to travel through, no biggie," Nocturna says nonchalantly. She grabs her head as a migraine begins, a pretty hefty one.

Maplewood

"you ok there" he asked looking worried

Peace Keeper

Ready to go home Keeper?
Yea. Pretty scary to be here. I thought we were finally gonna be done here.

You now have experienced the life of this time, right blue pegasus?
Eh~eh... eh-yea?
Let me ask you. Were these ponies, not from your time, cause any trouble to you?
Well... it is only because we didn't know each other. But they just tried to help us get back home. I think they became friends together after they met us.
Any trouble with Combo?
He let us go. We did nothing to hurt him. He is a cool guy. Pretty scary seeing him, but he just wanted to know who we are.
I... just realizing I could have been scolding you, but Combo may be right. It is perhaps all a misunderstanding.
You can go back to your time. I know you don't belong here, and I don't want you to suffer here. Perhaps your friends and family are worried about you. I'll be fine, and so is Combo.
Okay. Uh... thanks.

Guess we are ready to go home now.

*From behind* troops, stand down. They are gonna transport the ponies back home.
I'll do my best to make unity in my village.
*putting a hoof on Combo* Perhaps we can help change. You said there is hope that there can be a better future. We should make it happen for them.
Hey, those two unicorns never even apologize to you.
I'll let it go now.
What? But you could have...
I know. They were just trying to save their lives. Also, I should learn from you not to take things too hasty.
... though a good apology should help settle it out, but up to them.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Nocturna

2015 May 28, 20:53:07 #709 Last Edit: 2015 May 29, 01:45:05 by Nocturna
"I'm fine," Nocturna lies, muttering a temporary heal incantation. "Let's go then," Nocturna says, shouting the final incantation, causing the castle to start crumbling from force, and the two groups of ponies((the sign-up crew)) to be taken into the rift for a time((final conversation of this roleplay, if that's fine. Not trying to rush it, but I like to make a good, strong ending, which is what I'm setting it up for, if you'll read my OC Post)):

"Teraquay, travido!"

((If I'm going too fast, tell me to slow down, I'm honestly a bit tired, so it's likely I'm doing something off.))

Peace Keeper

*-Hmm... now how to end it?
-------------------------------------------
Current time: 1001 A.B. (After Banishment)

The time ripple shines brightly, and the ponies reappear in the light as the light starts to fade to nothing. They appear in the city park. It was nightime, about 2 AM.

We are back!
Finally back home. Everything looks okay. Nothing has changed. Seems nothing much happened to mess up time.

Gracie Sky

2015 May 29, 04:15:55 #711 Last Edit: 2015 May 29, 04:31:50 by Gracie Sky
Gracie's magic net disappears as soon as she rematerializes in the current time. She blinks a few times and lands on the ground nearby Peacekeeper.

"Where did everypony go?" she asked, her eyes searching the area for the others. "I don't see a lot of them. Our friends, I mean. That strange light didn't make them disappear, did it? Where are we now, anyway? This is certainly not a castle."

Peace Keeper

We are back home Gracie, to our own time.

Nocturna

2015 May 29, 09:50:15 #713 Last Edit: 2015 May 29, 13:17:39 by Nocturna
((So much for my idea of the ending then, I was wanting a final conversation sequence to end it. Do you have something else in mind? In accordance with my OC Description, my character disappears into the vortex every time that her existence somewhere concludes, such as time travel(specifically). I was planning on having the roleplay incorporate that, then have everyone back to their own devices in the present time, and me appearing again in the next roleplay, without recollection. That, or I bring upon my other OC, one of the two. Either way, that was my idea, up to you though, Peace Keeper))

((I actually thought of something, continue like you are. It's less of an emotional moment, but it works)

Maplewood

Maple stretched"man it's good to be back"

Nocturna

A note blinks into existence, a symbol of a TARDIS upon it. The note appears to be from Nocturna, who is non-existent with the group that's currently back in their time, or to the time that they wanted to be at.

Gracie Sky

((I'm also a bit bummed that proper farewells were not exchanged, but thankfully we both had the same idea to get around it, except I took it a little further. It'll make the scenario a bit more believable and would offer some much needed exposition on the matter.))

The note fell on Gracie's head, catching her attention. Shortly afterwards, a grey colored Pegasus also popped into existance, also landing ontop of Gracie's head. The two collapsed into a pile. After a brief moment, the two managed to get up and shake off the dust that collected. The grey colored Pegasus saw the note still on Gracie's head and grabbed it.

"Ah! There it went!" she exclaimed, "I almost thought I lost it back there, thanks for keeping it safe for me!"

Gracie nodded excitedly, even though she had no idea what was going on. "No problem! But what is that note?"

"Why, it's for you and your friends, actually! It's a letter from a certain somepony you might know. Due to some... "Time Restrictions", I was the only mailmare with the qualifications to deliver it to you! That note is part of a set too! I got a few more here from the same time line for you as well! Almost lost this slippery little devil in the time flux, but thankfully your time signature was strong enough for me to carpool in with the note! See, the note would be over a thousand years old if I hadn't been put on the job! That's how terrific it is!"

The mailmare reached in her bag and gave Gracie a few more letters. Gracie was super eager to read everything, even though there was this thought in the back of her mind that something about this mailmare... seemed a bit off balanced. What exactly did those notes read?

[Any past pony who wishes to write a note to their friends of the future, please do so.]

Stryder221

2015 May 29, 19:36:07 #717 Last Edit: 2015 May 29, 19:40:12 by Stryder221
[Well, I was hoping for that final conversation, too. But I suppose I can made do with a letter... Here's hoping this is at least acceptable!]

Among the letters provided by the blonde-maned mailmare was an envelope addressed to "The Travelers", sealed with red wax and a black symbol that bore an uncanny resemblance to the marks of the two unicorn brothers in the past.
The only issue would be safely opening the thing without a blade of some kind. Or perhaps magic would be a good substitute?

Spoiler: Upon opening it, though, the letter inside would read like this... • show

To Gracie, Maple, the brothers Peace, and possibly Nocturna, should she be present...

We were concerned when we saw you had all disappeared so suddenly, and without opportunities for proper farewells. However, assuming this letter reaches you in some fashion, I personally would like to thank you, even if none of you had specifically done anything for us, the adventure alone was worth the effort.

As for your thanks... Well, they'd have been nice to hear, but sadly, it is too late for such things. If Gracie is reading this, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that my brother, one Spell-Breaker, has recently begun to soften up after meeting you. Because of you, he's been noticeably less rude to other tribe members.

The rest of you will probably be happy to note that we have made it home safely after the castle had crumbled, and at the castle of King Bullion himself is where this letter has been written. However, nopony knows for certain what had caused the earlier-mentioned castle's destruction, and it will stay that way for a good long time if we have any say in the matter. After all, control over time isn't something to be taken lightly, and I fear that the knowledge will quickly be abused if word spreads. Hopefully, you won't have time-travelers popping up all over the place when you get back.

There's not much else I can say... We do miss you considerably, though. And Nocturna? I'm assuming she's somewhere in the future (or present, if you prefer) with you, as I have yet to see her anywhere after our little intrusion in the castle, and the signs point to us never seeing her again. If you're there, Nocty, I want you to know that I miss you in particular. You likely never noticed, but... Over the course of our brief time together, I had come to grow quite fond of you, and only now, when you're gone, did I finally realize it. That is all I will say on the matter, though, as Breaker is now currently giving me odd looks.

Best wishes for your future, Grand Illusion, also known as, Finnian of the Serégon family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Remind me once more why I'm agreeing with this..." A familiar voice was heard saying.

PS: Though the chances are low, to say the least...

A sigh was heard, and one got the impression that somepony was rolling their eyes. "Because you, dear brother, need to learn how to relax! A night-time walk through the park does a world of good, helps keep the stress down." Another familiar voice had said. "At two in the morning?"

I still have the strangest feeling at the time of writing...

"Also, Nibs is out here, and I wanna make sure she's fine." "Ah, yes... Your squirrel..." "Oh, don't give me that look. Besides, she absolutely adores you!"
Two eerily familiar stallions, blonde-maned and with coats colored Brown, and the other with Earls Green, came into sight, chatting with each other. They were clearly related to each other, both bearing the same exact mark.

The smaller, green-ish one noticed the group and waved cheerfully before going about his business. He didn't seem to know them at all...

The feeling that, against all odds, we may meet each other again someday...

[If you have questions on that last part, I'll be happy to answer, should you ask.]
Oh, signature? Well, mine's G.I, no Joe at the end. Wait, that's not how this signature thingy works, is it?
Ah well, it's not like anyone pays any actual attention to these things; I'm sure it'll be fine.

Nocturna

2015 May 29, 19:47:19 #718 Last Edit: 2015 May 29, 19:52:13 by Nocturna
((Nice, thanks.))

Nocturna's note reads:

"To those of my journey,

These last few moments I fear are my last. For some odd reason, I remember everything, with the haze and all gone. The time vortex, it's taken its hold on me, it's ridding of my existence soon after this letter. This letter is made from Paradoxial Fiber, a product of the Paradox Machine, that can survive even when I no longer exist.

It's quite strange. What you knew of me was but a construct, yet who I am is an unknown. I don't exist, yet I do, ever-present, in my own way. I'm not even sure if how you saw me is my true form, I have no clue.

I thought the incantation would let us talk, yet I suppose this happened to avoid possible paradoxes to occur.

Thank you all, for everything. Even though the life was not truly mine, I feel as though it was, and my feelings towards all of you were very real, nonetheless. In the event of cross-time communications, I loved every second spent with all of you, and hope that Equestria continues as it should, to a time of peace and unity.

Goodbye Peace Brothers, Gracie, and Sir Maple. I did include something in here for all of you, in a chest. When you open it is up to you, it serves as my final gift to all of you. This is tied solely to this timeline, thus being why only for you three.

Perhaps we shall meet again, in a form I recognize not, but for now, I go, in my final goodbye.

Sincerely,
Nocturna"

Derpy remembered the chest, and put it onto the ground as well, after a few.

Nocturna

((I honestly think this wasn't too strong of a conclusion, but it'll have to do. It was wonderful being a part of this <3))

Go Up