Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ramisha

When you get 5 fights each one right after the previous and 3 cutscenes and no place to save... and you have to stop playing... What am I supposed to do?  >:O

Sunshine Smash

2015 Feb 18, 06:47:17 #2181 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 18, 06:52:09 by Sunshine Smash
Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 18, 04:25:50
When you get 5 fights each one right after the previous and 3 cutscenes and no place to save... and you have to stop playing... What am I supposed to do?  >:O

Dude, Crystal Tower in FF3. First you have to go up a 13 floor tower, with some pretty high monster spawn rates. Then you fight Xande, a pretty mediocre boss. But there's an extremely long unskippable cutscene before and after. After that you have to go to the World of Darkness and fight 4 bosses, all a lot more powerful than Xande.

Then you have to fight the final boss, which is even more powerful than the other 4 bosses, and she even has an attack that could take out at least 2 team members of you aren't powerful enough to survive it. If you lose, ONCE! You're back to the entrance of the Crystal Tower.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Ramisha

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 18, 06:47:17
Dude, Crystal Tower in FF3. First you have to go up a 13 floor tower, with some pretty high monster spawn rates. Then you fight Xande, a pretty mediocre boss. But there's an extremely long unskippable cutscene before and after. After that you have to go to the World of Darkness and fight 4 bosses, all a lot more powerful than Xande.

Then you have to fight the final boss, which is even more powerful than the other 4 bosses, and she even has an attack that could take out at least 2 team members of you aren't powerful enough to survive it. If you lose, ONCE! You're back to the entrance of the Crystal Tower.

This is why I love emulators, you can save at any time.
I know, it's cheating, but if I didn't want to cheat I wouldn't have downloaded an emulator :ajshifty:

Zsaszz

Clickers from the last of us, those things are so annoying. If you walk too fast even crouched they will hear you and run to where you are, and they have a 1 hit(well...bite to be more precise) kill attack, bloaters are annoying too but they are slower, but clickers come in groups most of the time.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Zsaszz on 2015 Feb 18, 20:18:34
Clickers from the last of us, those things are so annoying. If you walk too fast even crouched they will hear you and run to where you are, and they have a 1 hit(well...bite to be more precise) kill attack, bloaters are annoying too but they are slower, but clickers come in groups most of the time.

THIS.
I know I've said it before, but I HAGE THOSE STUPID CLICKERS! >:O
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sunshine Smash

So I decided to try and finish the Mark of a Hero quest in MH3U.

I took down the Ivory Lagiacrus and the Azure Rathalos. But the Brachydios pinned me to a corner in rage mode and 2-shotted me.....

Ughhhhh....  :c

Chromastone64

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 19, 12:03:51
So I decided to try and finish the Mark of a Hero quest in MH3U.

I took down the Ivory Lagiacrus and the Azure Rathalos. But the Brachydios pinned me to a corner in rage mode and 2-shotted me.....

Ughhhhh....  :c

My friend actually managed to beath that quest. I, on the other hand, haven't even attempted it after how hard my friend said it was.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 19, 14:45:04
My friend actually managed to beath that quest. I, on the other hand, haven't even attempted it after how hard my friend said it was.

I've actually found this amazing strategy. It was just my bad luck I lost, if you want to try it, I could give you my set-up.

Chromastone64

Nah, it's fine. I'm probably not going back to that game. MH4U is too good.
Buuuuuut.....
Spoiler:  Spoiler for two monsters. Not story relevent, though. • show
There's a few monsters that are SO annoying. Nerscylla, a giant spider, is PAINFUL to fight at High rank because it has super strong poison like the High rank Gigginox. Then there's the Congalala...it's not super annoying, but...you tend to get just a little peeved when you get killed by a FART.

Ramisha

When normal mode is too easy but hard mode is too hard.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 20, 03:51:06
When normal mode is too easy but hard mode is too hard.

What game are you playing? I only ever play games on the highest difficulty to try and make them last, but I still play through them in under a week.

Ramisha

I'm not really good at most games so for me hard mode is usually too hard... I prefer the easier modes (Iol I know I'm a wimp).

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 20, 03:58:57
I'm not really good at most games so for me hard mode is usually too hard... I prefer the easier modes (Iol I know I'm a wimp).

I remember when I was a kid I couldn't even beat games on easy, still needed cheat codes just to see how the game ended. Then my mom got mad at me for cheating my way through games and then asking her to buy me more. I stopped using cheat codes after that and realized how much they ruin games. Haven't cheated in a game since I was like...15. So much more fun when you play legit.

Ramisha

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 20, 04:02:15
I remember when I was a kid I couldn't even beat games on easy, still needed cheat codes just to see how the game ended. Then my mom got mad at me for cheating my way through games and then asking her to buy me more. I stopped using cheat codes after that and realized how much they ruin games. Haven't cheated in a game since I was like...15. So much more fun when you play legit.

Actually.. my brother does that, in Final Fantasy when he has to collect stuff, and then he makes me search for it on the internet  :l He doesn't even have fun in games, he just has to collect EVERYTHING and beat every monster and all that, he forgets about actually playing the game.
And then he's angry with me when I don't want to finish a game. I play games because they're fun, not because I want another chore  :s

Chromastone64

THE CEPHADROME IN MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE.
I HAVE NO WORDS.

derpyhooves0

Those funny yet annoying sounds
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/922348-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic][/URL]
See more on [URL=http://knowyourmeme.com]Know Your Meme[/URL] ok new # #thedressmlp

Ramisha

When creating a new character in a game I noticed the females have exactly 50% less armor on the highest armor tier... seriously the inside of their arms and legs are completely uncovered

Midnight Breeze

I hate arbitrary restrictions. You see, I'm a Ford fanboy, and my preferred cars on the The Crew reflect that....mostly. My go-to loadout for each spec is as follows:

Street - Ford Focus
Dirt - Ford F-150
Performance - Ford Mustang
Circuit - Ford Mustang
Raid - Chevrolet Silverado

Why a Chevy for raid? Because for some retarded reason the F-150 does not have a raid kit! And no, it's not just that Ubisoft was too lazy to make a raid model for it, or something. It has a model, it has stats, it's fully integrated into the game. You actually use a raid F-150 for 2 missions, but can't keep them! In fact when you go to the tuner in Las Vegas there is a raid F-150 sitting RIGHT FRIGGIN THERE yet the game has the gall to tell me my F-150 doesn't have a raid kit available! In beta you could have a raid F-150, but they took it out for God knows what reason! It's as if Somebody at Ubisoft just arbitrarily decided a raid F-150 was too manly and epic for the average player to handle!

Even stupider is that the Mustang and the Focus both have raid kids available to them. What? So a pony car and an economy sedan can be fitted for driving over sand dunes, but a 4x4 truck can't!?!? Daheck?!?! I've tried driving the Mustang for raid, but it can't handle the jumps without spinning out. Not suprising, it's a pony car, not a dune buggy! I need a truck for raid, so I have to lower myself to Chevy!

Sunshine Smash

I defeated Goldbeard Ceadeus and unlocked the G-rank missions.

Tried to jump right into it and fight G-rank Brachydios. Bad move, HE HITS LIKE A TRUCK! HE INSTANTLY GOES INTO RAGE MODE AND OHKO'S ME IN A SINGLE PUNCH!

Lync Volan

i just beat Hercules in Kingdom hearts and its annoying how weak he is especially compared to Cloud :l

Go Up