Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

I really love the support system, but it does annoy me about how long it takes to unlock the SpotPass characters, and if you want your avatar to marry one of them, you need to keep them far away from other units they could marry FOR THE WHOLE STORYLINE.
Spoiler: HUGE spoiler for two of the DLC characters • show
I was planning on marrying Emmeryn, but ended up marrying Aversa so my friend didn't have to. He HATES Aversa, and I do to. X3
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2015 Feb 04, 21:10:20
Enemies who underestimate priests. I could be out hunting a quest monster and from the shadows a PK thief assaults me. Some people don't understand that if you don't one-shot a healer or seal their abilities, they're going to heal up every last bit of hp and then proceed to beat you to death with their magic get-well-never staff.
Healers Forever lol!
i need to get back in those kinda games...its been awhile since i saw a PKer not counting Haseo from Hack GU

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 05, 02:11:32
I really love the support system, but it does annoy me about how long it takes to unlock the SpotPass characters, and if you want your avatar to marry one of them, you need to keep them far away from other units they could marry FOR THE WHOLE STORYLINE.
Spoiler: HUGE spoiler for two of the DLC characters • show
I was planning on marrying Emmeryn, but ended up marrying Aversa so my friend didn't have to. He HATES Aversa, and I do to. X3

To this day, I still can't beat Priam.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chromastone64

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 05, 10:43:51
To this day, I still can't beat Priam.

Make every female a Dark Flier and have them get the Galeforce skill, and males Dark Knights (at least those who would be good mages). Team them all up, buy a ton of powerful spells and just rush him. I think that's what my friend did. I just used my super high-level stat-capped Avatar.

Spoiler: Another rant about a certain DLC character • show
Now another thing is bugging me. I hate Aversa's character, she creeps me the heck out. But, married to my second mage avatar, we're UNSTOPPABLE. Glob dang it, the sacrifices I make so my friend can keep his dignity lol
The A, B, and C rank support conversations with Aversa are hilarious, though.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Sunshine Smash

Characters dying in Awakening.

I lost too many people, I just barely beat the game by charging

Spoiler: show
Grima.

Chromastone64

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 05, 14:08:02
Characters dying in Awakening.

I lost too many people, I just barely beat the game by charging

Spoiler: show
Grima.

Wait, are you on classic mode? Now I see the problem...I only play on Newcomer or whatever it was so that they come back after the battles. I'm not lying when I say most of my characters drop like FLIES in the field.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 05, 14:18:20
Wait, are you on classic mode? Now I see the problem...I only play on Newcomer or whatever it was so that they come back after the battles. I'm not lying when I say most of my characters drop like FLIES in the field.

I'm in classic, yeah. After a lot of resetting, I managed to only lose Lissa, Anna, Ricken, Marribelle (is that how it was spelt?), Stahl, whoever that mage was that you get that gives you Vaike's axe, Olivia, Sumia, Cordelia, Panne, Sumia, Sully, Henry, I accidentally killed Gaius and Thar'ja, I didn't know you could recruit them, I never managed to level up Donnel, and Virion.

Wow, I suck.

Chromastone64

You're better than my first try; I missed EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER you recruit in battle. I either didn't notice them (I'm not joking when I say I really DID forget about Kellam), or blasted them to bits thinking they were "just another enemy" ("cough" TharjaGaius"cough").

Spoiler:  Spoiler for about halfway through the game • show
Oh, and the future kids? I LET MY OWN SON YARNE GET DONE IN!!! Granted, this is before I knew there were other future kids.

Funny fact: I didn't know units could be married when I kept teaming myself up with Panne, and my reaction to the S rank confession was basically this:

"Okay, now let's what the green S means in...wait, what?...What, A RING?! ARE YOU-AM I-?! O: OH MY GLOB I MARRIED A RABBIT!!!!"

Sunshine Smash

2015 Feb 05, 14:40:57 #2168 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 06, 08:55:32 by Sunshine Smash
Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 05, 14:35:54
You're better than my first try; I missed EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER you recruit in battle. I either didn't notice them (I'm not joking when I say I really DID forget about Kellam), or blasted them to bits thinking they were "just another enemy" ("cough" TharjaGaius"cough").

Spoiler:  Spoiler for about halfway through the game • show
Oh, and the future kids? I LET MY OWN SON YARNE GET DONE IN!!! Granted, this is before I knew there were other future kids.

Funny fact: I didn't know units could be married when I kept teaming myself up with Panne, and my reaction to the S rank confession was basically this:

"Okay, now let's what the green S means in...wait, what?...What, A RING?! ARE YOU-AM I-?! O: OH MY GLOB I MARRIED A RABBIT!!!!"

I only have 3 future kids. Morgan (F), Nah, and Gerome.

I don't know if I can even get anyone else.

Post Merge

I just found this out, but Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies has an M rating..... What?  o.O

Ramisha

Oh great lord Schmandydandy, Magus of the Mages guild, Champion of the Arena, death incarnate, master thief, savior of Gods, ...
[3 days later]
... patron of the sailors, father of the dragons and killer of the Almighty Archangel, please accept my quest. I need you to bring me 3 rat hides.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 08, 17:35:31
Oh great lord Schmandydandy, Magus of the Mages guild, Champion of the Arena, death incarnate, master thief, savior of Gods, ...
[3 days later]
... patron of the sailors, father of the dragons and killer of the Almighty Archangel, please accept my quest. I need you to bring me 3 rat hides.

That's hilarious!

Same thing with me. I've done every quest in Runescape. So the NPC's know who I am. But the Wise Old Man wants me to bring him some nature runes.... I'm a lot more talented than that! And besides, he can get them himself! He robbed a bank. Getting 5 runes isn't that difficult!

Ramisha

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 08, 20:31:05
And besides, he can get them himself! He robbed a bank. Getting 5 runes isn't that difficult!

Yeah, those stupid NPCs never do anything. If you really need those runes go get them, it's not like you have anything better to do.
When I'm climbing around in Assassin's Creed and some fat guy says "Has he gone mad?"
HEY it's exercise stupid! Maybe if you did more of it you wouldn't be so fat...

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Ramisha on 2015 Feb 09, 04:13:27
Yeah, those stupid NPCs never do anything. If you really need those runes go get them, it's not like you have anything better to do.
When I'm climbing around in Assassin's Creed and some fat guy says "Has he gone mad?"
HEY it's exercise stupid! Maybe if you did more of it you wouldn't be so fat...

Hahaha! That's hilarious!  lol

Sunshine Smash

Me not getting MH4U yet.

I have money on my Eshop account from a gift card awhile back.
I just want to see how far I'll go on the 3rd. Unless anyone is creating some hunting teams with each other, then I'll finally download it.

Midnight Breeze

2015 Feb 17, 04:48:18 #2176 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 17, 04:50:35 by Midnight Breeze
Playing The Crew and trying to drive on a dirt road with a street-specced Mustang. I realize street vehicles aren't meant to be good off of pavement, but God. The slightest turn at 30 MPH sends me helplessly spinning out. You can't tell me that's even close to realistic. It's like I'm driving on cooking oil or something. There's a mission that's half dirt that FORCES you to use a street car. By the time I finally limp my way to the paved section first place is like 8 seconds ahead, what the heck? How am I supposed to win this race driving a friggin' carousel?

Ramisha

My L1 button is malfunctioning, so my character just stands in one spot and raises/lowers its shield until I fix it...

Sunshine Smash

2015 Feb 17, 20:14:50 #2178 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 17, 20:26:42 by Sunshine Smash
Mark of a Hero quest in MH3U.

Seriously!? First you have me fight an Ivory Lagiacrus, which was more powerful than the one I fought before!

And immediately after that, they drop down a Brachydios and an Azure Rathalos AT THE SAME TIME! That is not possible to finish!

I'm planning on just cutting my loses here and just backing up my current save to make room for the 4th....

Caballia

The AI in Empire: Total War

I really want to enjoy this game because it's the only one like it.. But THE AI IS ABOUT AS COMPETENT AS A COUPLE OF EARTHWORMS TRYING TO DO CALCULUS
Oh, what a night

Go Up