Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chack

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 16, 01:17:02
Quote from: Chack on 2014 Dec 16, 00:59:06
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 11, 05:06:41
Oh Hi Shiny Gyarados ^-^

Come on, that Shiny Gyarados from Silver/Soul Silver is GIVEN to you, it doesn't count. :(

Also, why can't I get past World 3 in Super Mario Brothers 3? I did it as a kid on the GBA version, but it took me weeks. Never got past World 4, though.
i know thats why i mentioned it  lol

Yeah, I figured. Bit of a tease, wasn't it?  :P
Wait for it...

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chack on 2014 Dec 16, 01:20:15
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 16, 01:17:02
Quote from: Chack on 2014 Dec 16, 00:59:06
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 11, 05:06:41
Oh Hi Shiny Gyarados ^-^

Come on, that Shiny Gyarados from Silver/Soul Silver is GIVEN to you, it doesn't count. :(

Also, why can't I get past World 3 in Super Mario Brothers 3? I did it as a kid on the GBA version, but it took me weeks. Never got past World 4, though.
i know thats why i mentioned it  lol

Yeah, I figured. Bit of a tease, wasn't it?  :P
yeah but its true i have never seen a shiny in game besides that one X3

Etherdrone

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 16, 01:56:16yeah but its true i have never seen a shiny in game besides that one X3

Kindred spirits, you and I. Never saw a shiny besides the one the game gives you for free.

I had no idea they were even an actual thing until the Internet taught me otherwise.

Chack

Quote from: Etherdrone on 2014 Dec 18, 21:03:37
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 16, 01:56:16yeah but its true i have never seen a shiny in game besides that one X3

Kindred spirits, you and I. Never saw a shiny besides the one the game gives you for free.

I had no idea they were even an actual thing until the Internet taught me otherwise.

A friend of mine had to show me what a shiny was. I have the feeling many people who play Pokemon don't know what a shiny is. Still, I've never encountered one in the wild that wasn't given to me. Heck, I didn't even know what Pokerus was untill several months after getting it on Emerald. Apparently it's about 3 times rarer than shinies. Most people will NEVER encounter it.

On another note...
WHY CAN'T I BEAT ANY SUPER MARIO GAMES?! The farthest I've ever gotten in any Mario game was Super Mario Bros, World 5-3, and that was with using warp zones!
Wait for it...

Chromastone64

I actually managed to get a shiny Eevee, so I evolved him into Sylveon. He's my main Fairy-Type X3
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Ramisha

I saw a shiny pokemon once... I had no pokeballs... While my brother finds a feebas on the second try(feebas appears on only 6 changing spots in one route)! I've played the game for 5 years, it's time for another one to appear!
ps. what is pokerus? some russian pokemon lol ?

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Dec 20, 03:17:58

Pokerus is a 'virus' that a pokemon has with them. Pokerus helps level up stats faster, and when you catch trade, or battle pokemon with Pokerus, all of the pokemon your party will have it. Pokerus is permanent, and can be given to any pokemon you add or change to your party with pokerus. I heard it is more rare than shinys.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Dec 20, 03:25:05

Pokerus is a 'virus' that a pokemon has with them. Pokerus helps level up stats faster, and when you catch trade, or battle pokemon with Pokerus, all of the pokemon your party will have it. Pokerus is permanent, and can be given to any pokemon you add or change to your party with pokerus. I heard it is more rare than shinys.
if it is that great it makes me wonder how i only heard of it "Now"?

Chack

2014 Dec 22, 18:19:06 #2048 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 22, 18:23:43 by Chack
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 20, 12:18:55

Because most people never get it. EVER. It is much more rare than shinies.
Though I heard that Pokerus is NOT permanent unless you keep the Pokemon that have it in the PC, that it only lasts a few days or so. Mine is permanent because the in-game battery in Emerald is dead, so timed events can't happen. That also means I can't grow berries, but I hardly plant them anyway.
Wait for it...

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chack on 2014 Dec 22, 18:19:06

Though I heard that Pokerus is NOT permanent unless you keep the Pokemon that have it in the PC, that it only lasts a few days or so. Mine is permanent because the in-game battery in Emerald is dead, so timed events can't happen. That also means I can't grow berries, but I hardly plant them anyway.

Well actually, the effects of Pokerus are permanent. It just stops spreading after a couple days.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chack

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2014 Dec 22, 20:01:05

Well actually, the effects of Pokerus are permanent. It just stops spreading after a couple days.

Ah. I wasn't aware of this. I should still be able to permanently spread it because of the dead in-game battery, right? Or was I totally wrong about that, too?
Wait for it...

Lync Volan

Giga Bowser in melee cause i spent days fighting him with young link and ended up being done  in by Gandorf :l
but its a lovely sparing battle :]

(event mode)

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chack on 2014 Dec 22, 23:52:10
Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2014 Dec 22, 20:01:05

Ah. I wasn't aware of this. I should still be able to permanently spread it because of the dead in-game battery, right? Or was I totally wrong about that, too?

If your Pokemon has the Pokerus condition, and not the little pink face meaning it's recovered. Yea, you can infect away, you just need to have the pokemon you want to infect in your party with the pokerus Pokemon.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Midnight Breeze

Nintendo - Good games, bad consoles. I hate the idea of having to buy a Wii U just to experience Nintendo's big name series like Zelda and Mario, which they release exclusively for their consoles. I bought a Wii back in 2007 and regretted it. I only got 2 games during its lifespan - Twilight Princess and Brawl, they were the only games that interested me. Other than that it just served as a glorified Netflix accessor. I'd have been better off with an Xbox 360.

I ain't buying a Wii U, which means I'll be missing out on Nintendos big titles this generation. It's not worth spending hundreds of dollars just to experience 2 or 3 good games. I'm getting an Xbox One this time. I had a Playstation during the 5th generation, a PS2 during the 6th generation, and a Wii during the 7th generation; so this will be my first ever Xbox console. I've been exclusively a PC gamer since the mid 2000s, but there's just too many good games that either aren't available for PC or are just crappy 5 second ports.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Dec 24, 00:10:55
Nintendo - Good games, bad consoles. I hate the idea of having to buy a Wii U just to experience Nintendo's big name series like Zelda and Mario, which they release exclusively for their consoles. I bought a Wii back in 2007 and regretted it. I only got 2 games during its lifespan - Twilight Princess and Brawl, they were the only games that interested me. Other than that it just served as a glorified Netflix accessor. I'd have been better off with an Xbox 360.

I ain't buying a Wii U, which means I'll be missing out on Nintendos big titles this generation. It's not worth spending hundreds of dollars just to experience 2 or 3 good games. I'm getting an Xbox One this time. I had a Playstation during the 5th generation, a PS2 during the 6th generation, and a Wii during the 7th generation; so this will be my first ever Xbox console. I've been exclusively a PC gamer since the mid 2000s, but there's just too many good games that either aren't available for PC or are just crappy 5 second ports.
yeah moving the smash series was a big problem for me cause i always wanted to play as Red but still haven't i kinda want a Wii for that and some Naruto games i recently learned about but i'm kinda focused on the oculus rift and getting that well getting games for the systems i already have like the ps3,ps2,gamecube,gameboy,psp,Ds Lite
and speaking of "WiiU" i know someone who badgers me to get that instead of the Wii :l   

Rissian

2014 Dec 24, 05:34:20 #2055 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 24, 05:39:11 by Trege
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 24, 05:03:48
[spoiler]
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Dec 24, 00:10:55

yeah moving the smash series was a big problem for me cause i always wanted to play as Red but still haven't i kinda want a Wii for that and some Naruto games i recently learned about but i'm kinda focused on the oculus rift and getting that well getting games for the systems i already have like the ps3,ps2,gamecube,gameboy,psp,Ds Lite
and speaking of "WiiU" i know someone who badgers me to get that instead of the Wii :l   

Well the Wii U is backwards compatible with Wii titles, and I heard someone say the gamecube adapter actually works for the older titles but I have no way of confirming this myself yet. It'd be smart for Nintendo to make that adapter compatible with older titles as well as some new. (I may be thinking of the classic controller in Wii mode though.)

You can also transfer your Wii shop data to the Wii U's Wii mode so it includes all your purchases on the Wii. That's probably why they suggested you get the Wii U instead.

byndbored

pre order exclusive things that are not something that you can hold in your hands
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Etherdrone

2014 Dec 24, 13:01:21 #2057 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 26, 12:47:22 by LaptopBrony
How about pre-order exclusives that become free for those that buy the game later?

Why even make it pre-order "exclusives", then?. I hate pre-orders, that is an awful practice of the gaming industry.

Ramisha

I don't like it either, sometimes you can't get something because you didn't have enough money for a game at tthat time.
I also hate it how all the video game prices are much lower in the United States!

Chack

Why is it that I can now beat Megaman X in about 2 1/2 hours now, but I still can't beat any Mario game? It's friggin' Mario! It should NOT be this difficult for me!
Wait for it...

Go Up