Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chack

Quote from: Etherdrone on 2014 Oct 29, 15:59:08
In all of my years playing Pokemon, I have never encountered a single Shiny.

My luck is absolutely rotten.

I know that feeling.
Although, I did manage to get Pokerus on Emerald, which has a dead internal battery so I have it forever. The fact that I got Pokerus BEFORE I've EVER seen a shiny is mindblowing.
Wait for it...

Lync Volan

playing Kingdom Hearts 1 on ps2 back when and getting to the final area and fighting the same boss for the whole day and you finally win and it freezes right before the cutscene starts  >:/

Zsaszz

Something annoying on pc games is when you are playing an online game and the pc decides that it want to update a program or steam decides to update a game then your ping in-game rises to the sky and make the game unplayable until you stop the updates :/

Also when someone is downloading something in the same WiFi signal that you are using to play then it makes your signal drop too....

Ramisha

How I can't use the internet while my brother plays LoL, but when he plays WoW or I play AC on multiplayer you could download a whole video and we wouldn't get any lag.
stupid lol

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Dec 02, 15:00:54
...but when he plays WoW...

What...

I thought you said ESO was was unaffordable to you because of the monthly fee. How can he afford a WoW subscription?

Ramisha

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Dec 02, 15:49:23
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Dec 02, 15:00:54
...but when he plays WoW...

What...

I thought you said ESO was was unaffordable to you because of the monthly fee. How can he afford a WoW subscription?

Yes, it's unnafordable, but wasn't WoW free? Or did he llliiieeee  :/ Maybe someone paid it for him... hm..

Midnight Breeze

It SHOULD be free by now, but unfortunately it's not. 14.95USD per month.

Blizzard has been facing a lot of backlash in recent years for opening up a cash shop for ingame items. That's a big no-no with subscription based games. If we pay a subscription then there should be no ingame paywalls. That's the whole point of it. But Blizzard won't remove the subscription simply because they know that their fanbase is so big and dedicated they can get away with it. If it were any other MMORPG it would be dead by now.

Guild Wars 2 is subcription-free and it's a great game. All their revenue comes from microtransations on cosmetic/convenience items (no pay-to-win). I think all MMORPGs should follow their business model. It makes money and it's popular with consumers. Win-win.

Ramisha

I swear he said it was free... well, if he can afford it then good for him.. also that is ridicolous - as if they didn't have enough money yet. In my opinion the best items should be available to every dedicated player, not some 12 year old jerk whose dad is a tycoon...

Midnight Breeze

He could be playing on a private server. Those are free, but they're illegal, and they don't even provide a fraction of the retail-game experience.

krono Angelo whooves

2014 Dec 05, 16:49:37 #2029 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 12, 12:49:12 by PrincessButton
Ok so just recently here are 2 things that come to mind that really annoy me in video games and it has to do with the players themselves ...

1. People backing out: when I play Cod bo2 or Destiny I see a lot of people back out of the lobby when we are about to start the game leaving most of us other player really mad I mean why play with us when your going to back out during the match/game..?

2. Under age Gamers: as most of you know im an adult and the last thing I need when im playing a M Rated game is some child coming on to the game that im playing and either annoy the heck out of me or doesn't get the grasp of the game or use profanity like a really want a 8 year old to be swearing at me (really happened) man parents these days do not give a care in the world what there children play just to get them outa there hair these consoles use to be fun now there just electronic babysitters.

MarshyMellow

That annoying moment when you can't finish a time limit stage on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.  >:O

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

HerpyDooves

He may be playing on a Starter Edition account :P

Ramisha

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2014 Dec 08, 07:30:10
He may be playing on a Starter Edition account :P

Hm, maybe, I'll ask him again when he comes home. He plays it with his friends, maybe one of them bought it for him - or they're all playing on Starter Edition accounts. Or hacking.
probably hacking

wingedpineapple

Too lazy to search in all the thread if someone has already mentioned Elder Scrolls games :v

Cliffracers in morrowind
Spoiler: show

Oblivion gates in oblivion

Dragons in skryrim

It has become bigger, more plot relevant and harder to defeat every game :v
[move][/move]

Chromastone64

Okay, I've been waiting forever for Kingdom Hearts II.5. I get, and decide to play on Proud mode for both of them.
...Kingdom Hearts II is UNBEARABLY CHEAP now. Basic enemies are beating me in one hit, and don't get me started on the bosses.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Naura

Quote from: Chack on 2014 Oct 29, 16:57:04

I know that feeling.
Although, I did manage to get Pokerus on Emerald, which has a dead internal battery so I have it forever. The fact that I got Pokerus BEFORE I've EVER seen a shiny is mindblowing.

I've only found one shiny, a Geodude in Pkmn Diamond I didn't bother to catch ovO
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Lync Volan

Quote from: Naura on 2014 Dec 11, 02:52:44

I know that feeling.

I've only found one shiny, a Geodude in Pkmn Diamond I didn't bother to catch ovO
Oh Hi Shiny Gyarados ^-^

Blitz Freeman

One time in Skyrim, I was fighting this dragon. I just started the game, and had been playing for a few days. I got killed by the dragon like twice, and then I beat him on the third try.
The dragon had left me with very little health, and as I was absorbing the soul....a wild mudcrab appear outta nowhere, snipped me, and finished me off

I was SO angry!
>:O
I fight so that she may go on...for I am just a pony.

Chack

2014 Dec 16, 00:59:06 #2038 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 16, 01:08:25 by Chack
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 11, 05:06:41

I know that feeling.

Oh Hi Shiny Gyarados ^-^

Come on, that Shiny Gyarados from Silver/Soul Silver is GIVEN to you, it doesn't count. :(

Also, why can't I get past World 3 in Super Mario Brothers 3? I did it as a kid on the GBA version, but it took me weeks. Never got past World 4, though.
Wait for it...

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chack on 2014 Dec 16, 00:59:06
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2014 Dec 11, 05:06:41

I know that feeling.

Oh Hi Shiny Gyarados ^-^

Come on, that Shiny Gyarados from Silver/Soul Silver is GIVEN to you, it doesn't count. :(

Also, why can't I get past World 3 in Super Mario Brothers 3? I did it as a kid on the GBA version, but it took me weeks. Never got past World 4, though.
i know thats why i mentioned it  lol

Go Up