Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

antherax

When you can't get something in a video game. You need to get really far into the ending, learn a skill, backtrack to that place, get it, only to realize it's something incredibly boring.

Midnight Breeze

When people jump around and then act so incredibly shocked when I bodyshot them.

Never mind that I have 36 headshots out of 46 kills; counting melee and no-scopes.

The Stars

When you get knocked back in the wrong direction by an enemy larger than you, so you get knocked back 1-2 more times o.e Sometimes even end up dead.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Randam Saiko

When you're in a fps game and while you're shooting at the enemies, you're also backing up/walking backwards to avoid fire. Next thing you know, you fell off a cliff or into a hole.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

antherax

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: antherax on 2013 Oct 02, 18:58:01
When you can't get something in a video game. You need to get really far into the ending, learn a skill, backtrack to that place, get it, only to realize it's something incredibly boring.
For example, if this were Pokémon.
There's water. Much later...
You get surf! You get back to the water, and there's a waterfall. Much much later...
You get Waterfall! You go back, go up the waterfall, and pick up the item. "You got a revive!" Even though you could've bought hundreds in the time it took to get far enough to come there!
I'm back

antherax

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Oct 02, 21:17:24
Quote from: antherax on 2013 Oct 02, 18:58:01
For example, if this were Pokémon.
There's water. Much later...
You get surf! You get back to the water, and there's a waterfall. Much much later...
You get Waterfall! You go back, go up the waterfall, and pick up the item. "You got a revive!" Even though you could've bought hundreds in the time it took to get far enough to come there!

I was thinking of Okami
you have to get all the way to Kamui, learn the dig skill or something, go back a bunch of places only to find you get some holy bone or glass beads

The Wandering Magus

when the trailer is awesome but the actual game is...
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

narwhaliagames

seeing a awesome game that you cant afford WHY SCOTT PILGRIM WHY?!?!?!
ay i'm no longer using this site

SolarStorm

Buying a game, and then a couple of days later, it goes on sale on Steam  :c

antherax

Getting really far into a game, you forgot to save, and the game froze.

I flip tables when that happens!

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

Randam Saiko

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

antherax

Running Meters
you know, like in Skyward Sword

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

antherax

The controls in Kid Icarus Uprising,  >:(
they are not so bad after awhile, but they drive me crazy  o_o

the dark gods

Quote from: antherax on 2013 Oct 03, 17:58:35

You know you can change them right?

Anyway removal of player agency, like when you get stunned and have to wait it out to get control back.
I mean, who thought adding a mechanics that the only way to get around is to wait and not play the game for a few seconds?
thank you Sky Sketch

narwhaliagames

running out of in-game cash with out many rewards near
ay i'm no longer using this site

antherax

Quote from: the dark gods on 2013 Oct 03, 20:29:35
Quote from: antherax on 2013 Oct 03, 17:58:35

You know you can change them right?

Yeah, still doesn''t really work with me :b

Coffee Rush

Forgetting my own standard launch and flight procedures! I wouldn't be surprised if I pulled an uncanny reenactment of Apollo 13...
My OC can be found here!

Go Up