Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Sep 25, 13:59:04
The most annoying thing about videogames: not having enough time to play them.......My friend lended me a couple of games and among them is Metal Gear Solid 3 (yes I never played it) BUT OF COURSE SCHOOL WON'T LET ME PLAY THEM.
SCHOOL. SCHOOL EVERYWHERE.

♪Saturday is a special day.♪
I'm back

The Wandering Magus

(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Randam Saiko

Boss goes down to 1% hp and EVERYONE starts running to the soon corpse of it. Next thing I know it's either:

A ) The boss dies and drops the loot. Someone will mash their [Loot Button] and then no one will admit they took it.
B ) Everyone gets one-shotted and i'm the only one left alive.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

The Wandering Magus

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Mr.Darkling

The most annoying thing about videogames: not having enough time to play them.......My friend lended me a couple of games and among them is Metal Gear Solid 3 (yes I never played it) BUT OF COURSE SCHOOL WON'T LET ME PLAY THEM.

It's actually a good thing really.
You'll find that later on in life, if you have too much time for video games they aren't as exciting.
When you have little time for them you can enjoy them and appreciate them more.

That's how I feel about them anyway; still trying to find a job and such with no plans right now so video games take up a lot of my day.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Randam Saiko

You're partying with some highly-skilled strangers and then you DC. Then when you reconnect, they kicked you and they're no where to be seen.

My OCs

the dark gods

When you play a game and it spectacularly fails to tell you what to do.
I just got Dark Souls for the PC, and before I even complete the intro, I am seriously thinking of dropping the game and never playing it again because I spent TWENTY. MINUTES. hiding from a enemy through no fault of my own.
The game had utterly failed to tell me how to open my inventory to change my equipment, did it tell me the button to press? Yes. Was it on my Keyboard? Nope, gave me a button for a XBOX CONTROLLER!
Like, this is basic stuff right here they managed to screw up here, like I'm not even a game developer, but even I know that you should change around the Icons so they fit what console you are using, and if I can figure out things the developer of this game can't, I am seriously doubting the game is as amazing as it is....
thank you Sky Sketch

The Wandering Magus

Julius

Quote from: Mr.Darkling on 2013 Sep 26, 09:09:45

You'll find that later on in life, if you have too much time for video games they aren't as exciting.

That's how I feel about them anyway; still trying to find a job and such with no plans right now so video games take up a lot of my day.

Indeed... Too much games and no responsibilities... This does happen, oddly. It's what I'm experiencing right now.
Purr~

Jenzy

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Sep 27, 01:48:08
Quote from: Mr.Darkling on 2013 Sep 26, 09:09:45

Indeed... Too much games and no responsibilities... This does happen, oddly. It's what I'm experiencing right now.

I actually now limit myself.

And I actually don't have much of a choice. School's quite tough around Junior year. I'm now only allowed to borrow my 3DS from my mom. And I normally only play it 1-2 hours per day. Only after all of my main priorities like homework and chores are done.

And I'm sometimes distracted way too easily, so it's a good plan. lol (I'll still get my 3DS back eventually, but I'll also keep the time limit rule and stay out of trouble...)

The Wandering Magus

when a key doesn't respond or has a delay during a timed event

Mr.Darkling

Quote from: the dark gods on 2013 Sep 26, 19:59:26
I just got Dark Souls for the PC, and before I even complete the intro, I am seriously thinking of dropping the game and never playing it again because I spent TWENTY. MINUTES. hiding from a enemy through no fault of my own.
The game had utterly failed to tell me how to open my inventory to change my equipment, did it tell me the button to press? Yes. Was it on my Keyboard? Nope, gave me a button for a XBOX CONTROLLER!
Like, this is basic stuff right here they managed to screw up here, like I'm not even a game developer, but even I know that you should change around the Icons so they fit what console you are using, and if I can figure out things the developer of this game can't, I am seriously doubting the game is as amazing as it is....

The PC port is pretty terrible and requires a controller and some mods to get it working nicely.
The whole "not knowing what-to-do" is actually part of the game, it literally drops you into the thick of it and does not hold your hand.
The game is meant to be cruel, if that isn't your sort of thing then Dark Souls is not for you.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

The Wandering Magus

broken economies exploited by merch guilds

Randam Saiko

How in some games money has little to no use at all.

My OCs

narwhaliagames

how hard it is to find good nonprofit programmers
ay i'm no longer using this site

Randam Saiko

Whenever i'm playing support, I feel like i'm the mother in charge of raising an obnoxious, spoiled, and ungrateful child.

My OCs

the dark gods

Quote from: Mr.Darkling on 2013 Sep 28, 01:03:13
Quote from: the dark gods on 2013 Sep 26, 19:59:26

The PC port is pretty terrible and requires a controller and some mods to get it working nicely.
The whole "not knowing what-to-do" is actually part of the game, it literally drops you into the thick of it and does not hold your hand.
The game is meant to be cruel, if that isn't your sort of thing then Dark Souls is not for you.

There is a difference between not having the boss strategy being handed to you, and the game not telling you basic gameplay functions!
One is a challenge, the other is bad design.
And it's a PC port, why do I need a X-box controller for a PC game?
thank you Sky Sketch

Randam Saiko

When you think you've just cleared an area, another horde of enemies spawn. And then when you think it's over now,  a THIRD wave comes and they can pretty much 2-shot you forcing you to take cover.

My OCs

narwhaliagames

forgetting the order of the robot masters in any megaman game
ay i'm no longer using this site

Deviant

See that soldier?
His name is Bob...
He likes to jump infront of me just before i take my shot.
He likes to rush right into enemy fire and die alot.
He likes to block your path when you are running for your live.

Bob likes to be a prick.

Go Up